first time grower, seeking opinions on spots.

• Thread starter retiredrob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

retiredrob

This is a first time experience for me. I purchased a spider farmer tent kit and was given some hybrid clones. The tent is small 2x2x5. LED light SF1000. The plants are in 5 gal fabric bags, soil is foxfarm ocean forest with some added perlite. The temp has been about 70F, RH 45-60. I have only been using tap water when the soil shows dry on my cheap combo meter.

The height of the plants are 20-25". There are some odd looking spots and am confused regarding the cause. I have looked at many charts and articles am still unsure. Any help would be appreciated.

First time grower seeking opinions on spots
First time grower seeking opinions on spots 2
First time grower seeking opinions on spots 3
Solarscar

Solarscar

It looks a lot like powdery mildew from my perspective, though I don’t claim 100 percent for sure. Have you rubbed it to see if it comes off or is it “burned” into the plant?

Solarscar

Solarscar

Just saw your humidity levels. They are slightly high but you don’t always get powdery mildew at that RH level unless you have insufficient air flow and fresh air.

R

retiredrob

The spots don't seem to completely come of if I rub them with a finger.
I have the filter and fan that came with the kit. I also added a small 6" fan for extra air movement. I also have the two lower vent openings slightly open to allow fresh air in.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Could just be they aren’t getting much light. is it just Leaves in the bottom 1/3?

Solarscar

Solarscar

Here is an example pic of pm and a helpful link.

D03A81FF 12FF 4083 A4F0 1BF953BAC77A
Solarscar

Solarscar

Can you post a super close up picture of the spots? You want to be sure the air flow is moving a major portion of your plants while also allowing for fresh air to enter your grow.

Last edited:
R

retiredrob

Could just be they aren’t getting much light. is it just Leaves in the bottom 1/3?
This is mostly true.
Can you post a super close up picture of the spots? You want to be sure the air flow is moving a major portion of your plants while also allowing for fresh air to enter your grow.
20211230 194111 resized
20211230 195141 resized
20211230 195133 resized
20211230 195055 resized

I guess it is a powdery mildew. There are probably other issues too.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I know the pain of seeing plant issues. It’s heart wrenching to down right frustrating. More on the frustration part for me 😡 😢

Regarding the brown dots and those tiny white dots…. Have you eliminated fungus gnats? The white dots look like larvae.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
looks like pest issue to me. @Solarscar seems to be on the money for this one. You seen any fliers? it could be PM, but the other damage is more indicative of a pest issue imo.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Rob, once you come to a conclusion you may want to weigh your options on whether your fight to beat this is worth your time and effort. When plants aren’t too far along it sometimes makes more sense to start over as you could be in a better position than your current plants with new ones in 3 weeks. Keep us in the loop.

R

retiredrob

looks like pest issue to me. @Solarscar seems to be on the money for this one. You seen any fliers? it could be PM, but the other damage is more indicative of a pest issue imo.
I haven't seen any fliers, but my eyes are not the greatest for close up.

R

retiredrob

Rob, once you come to a conclusion you may want to weigh your options on whether your fight to beat this is worth your time and effort. When plants aren’t too far along it sometimes makes more sense to start over as you could be in a better position than your current plants with new ones in 3 weeks. Keep us in the loop.
I may soon decide to scrap this and try again.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I totally understand. It will definitely make you an awesome grower. Nothing to get down about for sure. Your next grow will get to harvest. Maybe you can get a head start with a couple few clones from someone? I know this is typically not an option for most growers. You’ll be on track in just a couple few weeks and harvesting way before the spring/summer heat! Can’t wait to see your girls get big. You got this man!

Top Bottom