First time grower setup/seedlings

• Thread starter Schmief
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schmief

Schmief

I’ve just started my first “real” grow (2 1/2 days in). My initial grow was in one of my moms old planters which worked well but the cats ate all the leaves and I was at work during a massive rain storm which put the nail in the coffin. I’m currently trying to run dwc grow room with 2 plants to see how it goes... I’ve done a lot of research on it and came up with a pretty decent design. Currently I have 2 seeds in rock wool cubes in an inclosed case. I watered down the cubes, placed the seeds and slightly covered the hole. My “600 watt led” which runs at 100w (I don’t believe either of those and will be testing everything with an electrical meter.... results soon) but my light is approximately 2-3” above the container. I haven’t seen any progress in 2 1/2 days. First day ran for 10-12 hours before the 6 hour night cycle kicked and it’s ran 18/6 since. I germinated my seeds last time in a paper towel and bag until mini roots were shown and then planted in soil. This time I wanted to utilize all the equipment I have recently bought to make it work. I lowered the light from 6” to 2” after the first day bc I didn’t feel like the container was warm enough. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or what but any advice or help is always appreciated. Maybe I’m being too antsy. Will post pics of tent and progress

First time grower setupseedlings
First time grower setupseedlings 2
First time grower setupseedlings 3
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your growing autoflowers you are doing it wrong, if there photoperiod plants your ok but i to have a 600w light and no it's not pushing 600w probably half that so you dont want to burn your seedlings so until the first set of leaves emerge from the tabs back your light to 34inc above canopy then bring down to 24inc above canopy you can tell bc you want your leaves reaching for the light if there shying away back off your light a bit till you find your sweet spot. If your running autoflowers you dont put them in wool you put the bean directly in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in.

Madmax

Madmax

99% of the time seeds take 4 days to come up .but thats a germinated seed to start with.im an outside grower but..i reckon you would have a better chance germing the seed then putting it in a rapid rooter..all whats needed at start is the room to b say 20 deg and in the dark till it appears ..ive never used domes as they make the plants stretch too much .

Top Bottom