First time grower, Stigma's on some Cola's going brown? And other questions

• Thread starter smokedvw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokedvw

So I just wanted to say thanks to any help I get on here. This is my first time growing though I have a very large vegetable garden and I figured I wanted to give growing Marijuana a try.

I am located near Seattle and I am very near the water so I get very strong SE winds this time of year along with rain.

I have 3 strains
  • Fruit of the gods (Sativa) - Started to show initial flowers 4 weeks ago August 17th
  • Violator (Indica) - Started some flowers slightly after Sativa
  • Rock Opera (hybrid) - Started to flower 2 weeks ago

I planted the majority of them directly into a raised garden bed (wont do that again next year). This required me to build a structure around them to try to protect them from the rain and wind. So far that was going great until today in which part of my wall opened up and the windy side of the plants got somewhat wet along with a LOT of strong wind (20+mph).

Once I patched up the wall and started to examine the plants closer I noticed a few things.

1. I have some brown looking hairs (Stigmas) on some of the cola's
    I am most concerned at this point about the wind getting into the plans and how this may effect them. Though they got a little bit of rain (the wall came down twice, I think I have this sorted out now) there only seems to be the odd tiny white patch on a leaf and the majority look great except a few on the windy side now have that brown hairs.

I wanted to know what this could be? Is it the start of bud rot? How can I determine if it is?
    Here you can see wind damage as well
    First time grower stigmas on some colas going brown and other questions 6
    First time grower stigmas on some colas going brown and other questions 5
    =
    1568778180496.png
  2. There are some spiders in there, along with small green insects but I dont see any catipillars or slugs so not sure if they are an issue
    Do I need to worry about these insects? I can take a photo of the small green ones, they have been there a while (early august), and I had aphids that moved around but they are gone now after I pruned and cleaned up.
  3. My two Sativa's are starting to get more yellow leaves especially the one I put in a 20G pot
    At first I thought this might be a nutrient issue, I am using Advanced Nutrients 3 part Grow/Micro/Bloom and added Big Bud since it started flowering (once I first saw the yellow). I feel like the plant continues to add yellow leaves though they look to be the biggest fan leaves and not ones further up near the cola's.
    1568778012876.png
  4. My Hybrids are starting to get purple leaves and stems, is that normal?

First time grower stigmas on some colas going brown and other questions 7
  5. Flowering and how long I should try to go

We are still in a time where there is more than 12 hours of light a day so I'm assuming my Sativa should have about a 9-11 weeks to flower which would bring it to end October and the Hybrids all the way to the end of October. (from what I can find on the strains online, https://www.kindgreenbuds.com/mariju...t-of-the-gods/)

Is this realistic to think I can keep them outdoors for this long? I have debated changing the poly cover I have into a more greenhouse finish and adding full siding but this will reduce the airflow and increase the humidity (also heat).
1568778129734.png

1568778100228.png

Thanks for your input

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Greetings,

Hairs turn brown, leaves yellow out and plants that are from a purple lineage have people in the stems, also they will turn purple when temps drop. Everything looks fine as long as that white stuff on your leaf is spider web and not pm. Google bud rot. It's not that. Everything is fine.

BudBogart

BudBogart

The purple petioles don’t worry me.
The yellow leaves look like a K deficiency , perhaps a bit of N depletion. I would add a bit of potash (K), not much.
The top pics, like the one with the white spot, check those leaves. Is that all trichomes on the sugar leaves or is their bug droppings? No offense , usually the pistils will mellow and fade together on a bud.

Top Bottom