First Time Grower Struggling With Identifying Preflower

• Thread starter WhtChocolate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Updated photos. Not too bad for a backyard grow from seed planted mid June. She’s been a nitrogen whore and not sure when to pull back more on the N. Seems to keep stretching. Started bloom feed this week at 50%.
Any feedback welcomed.
This is so much fun!

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Anyone know what this little thing is? Have a few on the bottom of my plant but haven’t seen any other evidence or damage of nests etc.
thanks for the feedback!

D12CF41D 85AE 414F 8741 1C80EAEC7D87
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Harmful? Need to be concerned?

On my plants I've seen the adults (If it is a camel cricket) postup at the main leaf junction of the fronds and stem and drink all day. They will do serious damage if there's enough of them or the plant is weak. They vector diseases so you really want to kill them if you can but they aren't anywhere near as bad as Spider Mites or aphids. That is, unless your plants catch a disease/mold/mildew etc from being weakened or directly from the wounds inflicted by the crickets.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey brother, you ought to start a legit "Grow Diary/Log". You got some fine a$$ healthy girls and they'd make for a great diary. I'd definitely follow it.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

390779B4 92BA 40CD AC79 E0B32486ABDC
7D8B6BEF 43C7 4167 9615 7827C2444A14
C7D1E0B2 AA4D 4F6F BE44 59660BA995D6
So I’ve had a shit week with my mystery porch hooch. Was showing signs of deficiency, last three feedings of 25-50% bloom to introduce, so gave a 75% bloom boost. :mad:

Turns out, was root bound, slight root rot and the last feed crushed her. So many lessons learned this grow. Was way over watering for entire veg, my bloom nutes are way to high, had no air in soil. I could go on.

I did not join the forum until almost preflower and began to learn all the thing I did wrong from the beginning. I have backyard chickens and mounds of chick shit so first six weeks of veg didn’t need anything. Again, I just stuck the seed in a 7 gallon pot and stuck it on the deck. Didn’t expect to become obsessed as my wife calls it. I was poking the soil to get oxygen to the roots but it was cement.

Only shot I had was to transplant her with nice PH balanced soil no nutes, just a little cal mag.

I’ve almost pulled her, seriously three times but she keeps showing signs of hanging on. I’m using the rest of this time as a info gathering session of what the plant does at different times of stress, watering, nutes etc.

Best thing I’m completely hooked! Setting up a small indoor so I can go year round. After trying the dispensary crap last week, need to grow my own meds now for sure. That sit is fucking garbage. They certainly don’t even think about curing.

Picks in order of the last few days. Holding my breath, not looking too good.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

View attachment 828372 View attachment 828373 View attachment 828374 So I’ve had a shit week with my mystery porch hooch. Was showing signs of deficiency, last three feedings of 25-50% bloom to introduce, so gave a 75% bloom boost. :mad:

Turns out, was root bound, slight root rot and the last feed crushed her. So many lessons learned this grow. Was way over watering for entire veg, my bloom nutes are way to high, had no air in soil. I could go on.

I did not join the forum until almost preflower and began to learn all the thing I did wrong from the beginning. I have backyard chickens and mounds of chick shit so first six weeks of veg didn’t need anything. Again, I just stuck the seed in a 7 gallon pot and stuck it on the deck. Didn’t expect to become obsessed as my wife calls it. I was poking the soil to get oxygen to the roots but it was cement.

Only shot I had was to transplant her with nice PH balanced soil no nutes, just a little cal mag.

I’ve almost pulled her, seriously three times but she keeps showing signs of hanging on. I’m using the rest of this time as a info gathering session of what the plant does at different times of stress, watering, nutes etc.

Best thing I’m completely hooked! Setting up a small indoor so I can go year round. After trying the dispensary crap last week, need to grow my own meds now for sure. That sit is fucking garbage. They certainly don’t even think about curing.

Man, that sucks! Sorry to see you losing her. Also, chicken sh*t is super hot and needs to be mixed with soil and let the biologicals cool it down long before planting in it. You may be able to get away with a small amount top dressed but I still wouldn't. A lot of ammonia too.

I know what you mean with the late start on the forum. Started here around August last year with my clones in the ground late June. I had zero f^ckin clue what I was doing. Luckily I had help from my cousin, neighbors, and friends who grow. I picked the brains of my cousins grow partners and that got me a ways. I've outgrown a lot of them now because they're content in their current level of knowledge. I can look back and see how lacking their techniques are but they were sufficient enough to carry me through till I was able to get help from here and read half of the Cannabis Encyclopedia.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

View attachment 828372 View attachment 828373 View attachment 828374 So I’ve had a shit week with my mystery porch hooch. Was showing signs of deficiency, last three feedings of 25-50% bloom to introduce, so gave a 75% bloom boost. :mad:

Every failure is a stepping stone to a competent, productive grow. If I would have been hit with broad mites last year it'd been over but I was able to use my success against spider mites as a springboard to understanding pests and how to control them. I spent around $3k on my garden last year. This year I'm at around $500. Live and learn. By next outdoor season you should be a very capable grower.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Man, that sucks! Sorry to see you losing her. Also, chicken sh*t is super hot and needs to be mixed with soil and let the biologicals cool it down long before planting in it. You may be able to get away with a small amount top dressed but I still wouldn't. A lot of ammonia too.

I know what you mean with the late start on the forum. Started here around August last year with my clones in the ground late June. I had zero f^ckin clue what I was doing. Luckily I had help from my cousin, neighbors, and friends who grow. I picked the brains of my cousins grow partners and that got me a ways. I've outgrown a lot of them now because they're content in their current level of knowledge. I can look back and see how lacking their techniques are but they were sufficient enough to carry me through till I was able to get help from here and read half of the Cannabis Encyclopedia.

My chick shit mound was marinating for a year and mixed with nice potting soil for the pot, one of the reasons I think I didn’t need to feed.
What I think I was really missing was air flow. After a 5-6 weeks in the pot the soil became sidewalk.

Thanks for the support SJ. You’ve been a tremendous help this grow. Much appreciated!!

Top Bottom