First-time grower tackling 2 Acres project.. would you guys have any advice or any recommendations?

• Thread starter Kingkoopa84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cypress66

Cypress66

Recommendations on soil and feeds..? What is a good rule of thumb to follow when watering or feeding plants?​

You have a lot of land to be able to get how many plants 🌱?? Your going big time for your first time lol 😂 fair play to you Peace ✌️

TSD

TSD

Uhm... start smaller lol. Do you have gardening experience of any kind? I'm assuming you have other folks helping with this endeavor?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i’m i correct..
first time growing?
with 2 acres outdoors?
advice? get a team of experienced growers to help out.
You need to get lots of expert help on site. We can help, but you will have issues that we simply can not respond to in a reasonable amount of time. Even if you just get one expert grower to walk you through it the first few times....

TSD

TSD

You need to get lots of expert help on site. We can help, but you will have issues that we simply can not respond to in a reasonable amount of time. Even if you just get one expert grower to walk you through it the first few times....
Yeah 2 acres can hold a lot of plants... I wonder how many OP is planning on having? I had 12, well 11 ( RIP super skunk) outdoors and I busted my (lady) balls to keep them happy.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Yeah 2 acres can hold a lot of plants... I wonder how many OP is planning on having? I had 12, well 11 ( RIP super skunk) outdoors and I busted my (lady) balls to keep them happy.
I’m busting my man balls looking after four with the next garden younger ones that will be seeds or this time round clones and the garden is growing up with the added two plants so six are in the next garden and if it’s not too much for the work I will be looking at eight for the next garden but they are work to be able to get the best that they are capable of and the novelty of the first time and the next one or two maybe will soon wear off and then they become work and I’m taking about a four foot square tent ⛺️ and a two by four at the moment it might be a little bit bigger next garden Two acres is going to be a plantation wish this dude all the best with it you’re going to be needing to get some kind of watering/ feeding system for checking out the soil that they will be growing in and amending maybe if needed and then you have some work on that alone Your obviously getting help with the project that I think is a must for even a very experienced farmer 👨‍🌾 How many plants are you thinking of growing You will have a great farm to be looking after Being my gardening is the inside type and the space is limited to what you have i give them a 2x2ft/4sq feet and they will be looking for more. One could easily be growing in a 4x4 If you wanted. But I’m not sure how much you will have with two acres but you have a lot of room to be able to give them a bit more than the four foot square that I’m giving to mine and they will be monsters and they have free light 💡 and that’s the best thing about it peace ✌️

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

It's harvest where I struggle. Having enough people willing to accept conciderable quantities of outdoor, that most are too snobbish to smoke. I gave 50% to the trimmers this last season. To trim, dry and package it. It's easier to grow two plants, than grow and trim one. Scale that up, and when presented with a 3 days harvest window due to weather fronts, it makes even more sense. How many plants can you bag and transport in three days. It's not as many as you think, but it's much quicker without trimming

Can you sell 2 acres of outdoor, in your climate zone. I know I can't. I have more space than that, but very few people want it. I do it it keep fit and for tradition
Yeah I still don't get the aversion people have to outdoor... I'll take well grown outdoor over indoor any day. I staggered my harvest because some came down early to mold and I had different strains that needed more or less time. Even doing it that way, I was harvesting, washing, trimming, bagging and jarring for a literal month, and I had my hubs and the occasional help of a friend. I wasn't trying to grow to sell, just to cover us for a year and to make edibles, I just happened to grow monsters. With legalization people balk at outdoor and in my area the going rate is 1000/1b for outdoor if you're lucky, though I still have some old-school mountain men that know the value of good outdoor and will pay the old school prices of 5-600 for a qp. I wouldn't sell my shit for less, not after the work I put in and I know it's top notch... I'll keep it and smoke it for the next 5 years before I let it go for clearance prices.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Personally i think what Burner and a few mendocino growers are calling it, is a far better way to describe plants grown outdoors, theyre using the term "sun grown"

Its how all plants grew without human intervention, and in the right conditions, with the right treatments, sun grown cannibus can blow the doors off of some indoor. Yes you can pay closer attention indoors, but imo aside from pm and bud rot, its easier to grow bc nature takes care of the processes we try to replicate indoors. Soil quality and the other conditions outdoors are very important and cannot be altered the way indoor can be, however ALL OF OUR ELECTRONIC GADGETS and ALL OF THE METHODS USED TO GROW INDOORS FAIL IN COMPARISON TO MOTHER NATURE AT HER FINEST.

Bro go and read up and watch what the dudes in mendo are doing. There was indoor cheetah piss and outdoor cheetah piss, the outdoor looked like gold and diamomds, burner said the high isnt even close. Sungrown contains all the natural stuff and biological processes that we will never be able to accomplish indoors.

Brand your budds as SUN GROWN, not outdoor! Pride yourself in providing all natural 100% organic and healthy flower. Read up on what they do over there to feed and treat the sun grown, youll see that when a grower has the process dialed in that the budds look fantastic. Get a soil sample, send a water sample at the same time, theyll do whats called a "slush test" and thats just mixing your soil and your water and then running tests to see EXACTLY what is available to your plant when the water and soil are combined. Then you can study the results and decide what it is that needs to be added in order to optimize quality and quantity. This one cat was doing imo and certain foliar feeds, his plants were not 10ft tall, didnt look like trees, but they were like 5 to 6 ft and had some of the best looking shit you can find. He keeps them smaller to manage them and pay close attention. Check those guys out. Itll give you a whole new perspective on sun grown flower.

TSD

TSD

@BirdLaw86 I might have to use that, sungrown, love it! I've always been an outdoor gal, even back in the early 2000s when hydro was all the rage and it's what everyone wanted, I was like "Y'all are crazy, this shit tastes like chemicals and gives me a headache." So I'd go see my dad's mountain men and get me some real weed grown by old-school dudes that knew what they were doing, some swamp monster that you had to bring a jar along or you were definitely getting searched if you got pulled over cause one bud stunk up a whole room. I was lucky enough to get a clone of it and have a mama for a couple years back in my 20s when I started growing... man I wish I still had that strain. I used to love to warn people to take it easy if they weren't habitual smokers and then watch them get way too high when they thought I was full of shit. 🤣 I am all about the taste as much as the buzz, and there is no denying that well grown outdoor tastes better, smells better and just has more depth than indoor ever can. I'm in the Northeast, so a monster for me is 6 plus feet, all my in ground ladies were about 6-7 feet this year, my biggest yielder was a white widow that gave me 2 and a quarter pounds, not counting like the bottom 1/4 of the plant which went in the butter pile and didn't get weighed. I make my own soil, I use organic nutes, I pamper the fuck out of them, only use natural methods to control pests, because they are always a factor outside. My buddy who sells is like oh, I can get outdoor from VT for 1000/lb and dank indoor from Cali for 1200... I'm thinking to myself homie I've been buying your dank Cali indoor since my shit ran out and my outdoor, sorry, my sungrown blows that shit out of the water. Honestly, once my shit is properly cured and has tightened up nicely and been manicured... it doesn't look like what most people think of when they think of outdoor, it just looks like good bud, at least my top notch ladies anyway, sure the ones I had to pull early are a little airy and loose, but even my premie gets me wrecked... even the ones that got pollinated by my dumb ass neighbor and grew seeds get me wrecked. Everyone has thier preferences I suppose.
20211011 222512
20210924 144447

^I'm 5'9 for reference. I didn't even get any pics from my other plot.

TSD

TSD

Plus a good majority of that dank Cali indoor is put through tumblers so they can get a bunch of the trichs off and double profits, that's why it looks like it's nice and tight and cured well... no honey, it's just tumbled to hell. My babies have all thier trichs intact and are actually cured and will wreck your day if you smoke too much. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom