First time grower

• Thread starter Seemoredabs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seemoredabs

Seemoredabs

Hello fellow farmers! Seemoredabs here. first time grower long time smoker. I live in San Gabriel valley, backyard is a garden with different kinds of plants near a man made lake probably adding lots of humidity. Recently (I’d say around late March) I was gifted a clone eventually noticing it was an OG kush strain.. maybe. Probably indica since it’s so short (less than a foot tall and currently flowering). Plants were inside during the cold and rainy weather now they are outside in the heat and noticed beginning of April my plant started flowering (noticed white pistils and trichome forming) I do not fertilize or add nutes myself in fear of making rookie mistakes.. all seems to be handled correctly by the person who gifted me the plant. Knows what he is doing.
B1BD01C0-035D-42F4-81D4-94C545AEE2F7.jpeg

First time noticing pistils

Recently put all plants around a big tree outside in the sun (used to take them inside at night). Thinking maybe the big tree creates a greenhouse effect. My plant receives (I’m guessing) 8 or more hours of DIRECT sunlight, since the tree provides shade in the early hours. I’m trusting the process but also want to incorporate new techniques that would not interfere with the growers own techniques.
32DD1B9B-3EAB-42ED-B2D4-38CBC1FF5268.jpeg

Things I’ve been doing on my own:

Isolating plant somewhere in direct sunlight. (Wondering if this changes anything since my girl was vibing with the other plants in semi-close proximity.)

Removed 2 fan leaves near the bottom

Blowing on the plants to remove dirt or whatever wind is blowing into them

Pinched off 2 premature flowers/node/budlet so far out of curiosity (not sure what to call it)
Noticed a seed or something growing after the pinch.
Pinched under the sugar leaves maybe leaving a calyx or other plant materials attached to the stem hoping it it would regenerate faster.

Haven’t done much to the plant besides removing 2 fan leaves and 2 very young (a week or 2 old) flower sights with white and some brown hairs. Not really noticing any trichome heads but hoping after drying for a few days the samples I took will help me learn when to harvest and how devastating taking a sample from a young plant can be. (Expecting to smoke the sample.. maybe get a short head high but curiosity did kill the cat) so also expecting to be very disappointed.

Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated but mainly:
Some advice on how I can take care of my plant without interfering with the main growers own techniques such as stress training, adding in anything to the soil, spraying etc.

Harvesting. Sampling. Topping off. Pruning.
Mainly, would like some advice on how early I can harvest or sample...without stunting growth too much or killing the plant. I can buy weed easily but it’s hard to sustain myself financially smoking a gram or more a day... trying to chase that first high I got after a T break. I am specifically growing this one plant to have more weed to smoke/ways to get high. The weed I usually buy hits strong but toward the end of my high I get so damn lethargic and my tolerance skyrockets... heard if I harvest before the trichome heads turn amber I can get less of a couchlock/body high.

I will be leaving the main cola alone but would love any advice how I can benefit from any other growths below the plant early as possible.

If I should leave the plant alone and let the grower work his magic?
4ED77A8B-E9F8-4E64-A7CE-91AB6B4AB442.jpeg

0440B565-9321-434B-ADA2-DCD7F92C6A79.jpeg

A9852529-8EAE-4F45-815C-D2A41CFD03FB.jpeg

EE95EB2D-9801-46CE-A6A5-DF7BC090C178.jpeg

334E2FF5-E325-4AD3-B437-39C0435EC49B.png

Mon Apr 27 2020
Please let me know anything you notice from the pics

Things I’d do or have done to all plant material:
Qwiso

Press rosin

Edibles

Packing at bottom of or top of bowl/joint/blunt so that I mostly smoke potent stuff whether it means putting it on top (so it’s smoked first) or bottom (so open flame doesn’t harm trichrome) basically a screen/filter made of plant material.

Etc. etc.

Thanks again,
Seemoredabs

Seemoredabs

Seemoredabs

Just found out it started flowering because I put it outside too early... any advice how to fix this besides making a grow room or letting it do it’s thing outside ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How much does that plant mean to you? Is it a special cut? Do you have options for new?

At this point imo set it up under 12/12 and let it flower out

Madbud

Madbud

So unless this is an autoflower plant, you’re f’ed. The daylight hours get longer, photoperiod plants reveg. The only way to keep a photoperiod plant in flower is light deprivation, assuring 12 hours complete darkness.

Seemoredabs

Seemoredabs

How much does that plant mean to you? Is it a special cut? Do you have options for new?

At this point imo set it up under 12/12 and let it flower out

its my first plant (i do not know anything about it besides by appearance) it has to be sort of special but really im just going to get frustrated and impatient. currently looking at seed supreme for an easy growing auto skunk and auto timanfaya. also looking at seedsmans auto fresh candy... problem with bugs so looking for aota seeds. any seed bank suggestions? I just put my plant out right now in direct sunlight. shes growing more trichomes every day :) were trying our best! my understanding is that i should try to give it some artificial light when the sun goes down untill i hit the 12 hour mark... then what should i put a bag over it? or put it in my closet/garage? (for complete darkness)

Seemoredabs

Seemoredabs

Found about 6 or so grey maggot-like bugs huddled under one leaf.. Squished them with a glove.. pics are from today around 9:30 am PST
91AE5D42 1C59 450A 90B6 FF084CE2541A
01D2F968 530C 402B 8002 242FBC862BC9
1B3995D0 0479 444C 918E 2B372383BBF6
DCB581E7 7F51 4CFF 9753 4CB0D29F75FE

A bit worried in this last pic... ripped off a flower site... noticed a seed looking pod growing.. guessing I stressed it out turning it her in ? That’s good for the grower but not me ... concerned about rotting also but she’s pretty healthy I think.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks female from what I can see but I have bad eyes lol.

If you have a solid grow light run 12/12 indoor. It will be a pita moving or covering it. Honestly if I was you and don't have a solid light I would save myself the headache and start over

Latest posts

Top Bottom