First time grower

• Thread starter Whip991
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Whip991

Whip991

Hi all, probably a common question,

I'm growing two feminized strains , critical and cookies gelato.

My plants are two weeks old have started to yellow on the edges of the bottom leaves. Watering is around 6.5ph and my humidity fluctuates from 50-65%. But generally in and around 60% rh. 18/6 hour cycle

Temperatures are going between 19°c with lights off and 30°c light on

I'm using bio-bizz all mix and have them potted in a 12L fabric pots.

The first plant to start was the critical, it started with slightly off green then turned light green, then yellow, then kinda brown (pictures to show)

If any info is there on wether it's just a deficiency that can be corrected or if it's a disease that would greatly help!

First picture is the critical after about 3 -4 days with this issue

2nd 3rd and 4th pics is the start of it on the cookies( 4th pic easier to see that the rest hard to see but something's up!)

Also right now they do need watering but they're about to go into their night Tim so don't want to water yet.

First time grower
First time grower 2
First time grower 3
First time grower 4
Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Almost 100% positive thats light burn.

How close is the light whats the lux ? Get a iphone or android download a lux meter and check your lux from the top of the plant. Its prolly way too high.

Whip991

Whip991

Almost 100% positive thats light burn.

How close is the light whats the lux ? Get a iphone or android download a lux meter and check your lux from the top of the plant. Its prolly way too high.
It's about 3 feet away from top of the the plants, these leaves are at the bottom of the plants

Whip991

Whip991

It's about 3 feet away from top of the the plants, these leaves are at the bottom of the plants
Currently running a 250watt hps (would prefer metal halide or led) in flower planning on running 600watt hps

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Then its wind burn would be my guess, both those look the same tho so its hard to say.. 3 feet with a 250W hps should be more then high enough so that should rule out light burn :D

So wind burn? You got a fan pointing at them or bouncing right off a wall and hitting them?

Whip991

Whip991

Then its wind burn would be my guess, both those look the same tho so its hard to say.. 3 feet with a 250W hps should be more then high enough so that should rule out light burn :D

So wind burn? You got a fan pointing at them or bouncing right off a wall and hitting them?
Yeah I was thinking definitely not light burn! 😂
I got two fans running on low setting pointed away from them but there is a small breeze coming towards giving a very slight rustling, I read that helps them strengthen their stems and helps air flow.

But I won't rule it out I'll move the fans higher and see.

Have you ever had this problem bud?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah I was thinking definitely not light burn! 😂
I got two fans running on low setting pointed away from them but there is a small breeze coming towards giving a very slight rustling, I read that helps them strengthen their stems and helps air flow.

But I won't rule it out I'll move the fans higher and see.

Have you ever had this problem bud?

YES both problems at the same time ROFL which is why i couldn't say for sure.

Got my light problem fixed but still had a lil bottom leaf discoloration like yours finally realized the damn lil fan was bouncing right off the wall onto the plant.

Its a balancing act trying to get air circulation without directly hitting the plants i know..I ended up pointing a 2 fan system straight up and let the passive air intake work its magic plants get a lil breeze without any real direct wind contact to worry bout.

But yeah if its not the lights its the fan :D Good luck lemmie know if i was wrong lol

Whip991

Whip991

YES both problems at the same time ROFL which is why i couldn't say for sure.

Got my light problem fixed but still had a lil bottom leaf discoloration like yours finally realized the damn lil fan was bouncing right off the wall onto the plant.

Its a balancing act trying to get air circulation without directly hitting the plants i know..I ended up pointing a 2 fan system straight up and let the passive air intake work its magic plants get a lil breeze without any real direct wind contact to worry bout.

But yeah if its not the lights its the fan :D Good luck lemmie know if i was wrong lol
I'll give it a try and see if that helps, I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom