First time grower

• Thread starter Somdgrimes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Somdgrimes

Somdgrimes

Hey all you can call me j.

I'm a first time grower. First time being in my own place and the wife and I have started trying to do as much as we can for ourselves and rely as little as possible on society for anything and everything including our vices. I currently have one white widow that i started from a seed. I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here, and thanks for letting me share my journey here.
First time grower
First time grower 2
First time grower 3
First time grower 4
First time grower 5
First time grower 6
First time grower 7

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

Some of my best luck was just throwing the seeds into soil. The paper towel isn't a bad idea I usually do that than insert them into Rockwood until its a seedling and it gets its first set of 3 leaves than I put them in soil. Also fa roc pots will be much better. The soil looks a little dense. You want excellent drainage

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

Also watch out for putting seedlings in too big of pots. I called 3 inch hydroponic cups or Rockwood. The larger container for it the harder it needs to find nutrients however I am no expert. Just i learned from trial and error.

Cookie_Monzter215

Cookie_Monzter215

Also watch out for putting seedlings in too big of pots. I called 3 inch hydroponic cups or Rockwood. The larger container for it the harder it needs to find nutrients however I am no expert. Just i learned from trial and error.

Seedlings don't require an abundance of nutrients, they're primarily focused on root development. Great time to add mycorrhizae.

Somdgrimes

Somdgrimes

Cool thanks for the advice

Somdgrimes

Somdgrimes

Seedlings don't require an abundance of nutrients, they're primarily focused on root development. Great time to add mycorrhizae.
Hey thanks. Never heard of it 😂 just looked all over online and ill ha e some here Wednesday! And advice about how much and how often to use? Once per grow?

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

Yeah I don't ever go over 300 ppm but during seedling I only give it clonex solution. Than I switch to my real nutrients. But I only use organic. Veg aloevera powder mixed will silica and superkelp soluble. Ph it to 5.9-6.3. A lot of these help with cell development root development and stress issues

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

Also use this to filter out all bad stuff works really well.

Somdgrimes

Somdgrimes

Ok any help here would be appreciated. The mycorrhizae will be here in a couple hours but this baby has been struggling and today when I got home from work, she looks bad. I put her under my new light and now researching after the fact like a rookie im thinking I may have shocked her. I'm taking her out of the bigger pot she was in and replanting her in a solo cup with a makeshift dome because I think also low humidity may have been an issue. Ill attach a few pic of my process so far and any comments criticism or advice would be appreciated. I took her out of the small pot and put some water in a petri(spelling) dish and just dipped the root in there and most of the dirt fell right off to reveal a very small root system. In the next couple minutes I'm gonna plant her down so that maybe a half inch of the stem will be sticking out of the soil.

20201208 051002
20201208 050959
20201209 172943
20201209 181509
20201209 183232
20201209 182629
Top Bottom