First time grower

• Thread starter Bgood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bgood

Hello everyone. This is my first time growing and was looking for some tips and tricks. I’m growing in a pot outside. I got it as a clone. This plant stain is Runtz. Thanks for the help
First time grower
First time grower 2

First time grower 3
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Just continue to feed up until it’s time to chop. The plant looks super healthy and vibrant.
Once it starts to show pre flowers (white hairs start accumulating) you’ll want to feed it something more appropriate for flowering.
I don’t know whether you’re using dry organic fertilizers or bottled synthetics, but either one will have a Product line for flowering. Basically you’ll cut back the nitrogen and pump up the potassium and phosphorus.
It still needs some nitrogen but a fraction of what it needed while vegging.
Make it your goal to keep her happy and healthy until the very last day.
Some fading of the leaves is normal and expected but if it’s due to starving the plant it’s not good…..so no flushing BS at the end. The last 2-3 weeks is when the buds will swell and really gain more heft.
Usually less is better and you can keep things super simple and get great results.
I’m happy to give more input but need to know what it’s growing in and what you’ve been feeding.
It looks like you may have a green thumb though because the plant looks amazing and should produce some monster buds.
Good luck

B

Bgood

Just continue to feed up until it’s time to chop. The plant looks super healthy and vibrant.
Once it starts to show pre flowers (white hairs start accumulating) you’ll want to feed it something more appropriate for flowering.
I don’t know whether you’re using dry organic fertilizers or bottled synthetics, but either one will have a Product line for flowering. Basically you’ll cut back the nitrogen and pump up the potassium and phosphorus.
It still needs some nitrogen but a fraction of what it needed while vegging.
Make it your goal to keep her happy and healthy until the very last day.
Some fading of the leaves is normal and expected but if it’s due to starving the plant it’s not good…..so no flushing BS at the end. The last 2-3 weeks is when the buds will swell and really gain more heft.
Usually less is better and you can keep things super simple and get great results.
I’m happy to give more input but need to know what it’s growing in and what you’ve been feeding.
It looks like you may have a green thumb though because the plant looks amazing and should produce some monster buds.
Good luck
Thank you so much for that information! It good to know I’m on the right track with it. Here is what it currently looks like. I believe it is starting in the flowering stage, the little white hairs are coming in. I have it in fox farm ocean forest soil and have been watering about every other day or when top few inches of soil is dry. I also have been giving it 1 scoop of normal miracle grow in a 1 gallon pal once a week. I pursched fox farm tiger bloom for flowering but haven’t started it yet.

Once again thank you for taking the time to help me with the process.

059BB4FE 26D9 46DB B8F6 AA48AC89339B
freezeland2

freezeland2

If you haven’t yet you ought to treat with some Monterey BT else you may find caterpillars in your buds later on. They will lead to bud rot.

Nice looking plant.

B

Bgood

If you haven’t yet you ought to treat with some Monterey BT else you may find caterpillars in your buds later on. They will lead to bud rot.

Nice looking plant.
I haven’t yet. Thanks for the tip!

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Thank you so much for that information! It good to know I’m on the right track with it. Here is what it currently looks like. I believe it is starting in the flowering stage, the little white hairs are coming in. I have it in fox farm ocean forest soil and have been watering about every other day or when top few inches of soil is dry. I also have been giving it 1 scoop of normal miracle grow in a 1 gallon pal once a week. I pursched fox farm tiger bloom for flowering but haven’t started it yet.

Once again thank you for taking the time to help me with the process.
Consider yourself lucky to mix miracle grow and Ocean Forest and have the plant look so good. MG is strong stuff plus Ocean Forest is heavily amended with organic nutes. Normally a plant in OF doesn’t need anything for the first 30 days.
I’ve grown a bunch in Ocean Forest and think I have it figured out.
Believe it or not, one thing you could do is to simply top dress with more Ocean Forest along with EWC (earth worm castings).
Be very careful with the Fox Farms synthetic nutrients like Tiger Bloom.
Honestly I would suggest buying a good organic dry fert like Gaia Green or Dr Earth….even Fox farms has their own line of dry organics.
In your case you’d need to top dress soon as flowering is starting, then probably 2 more times until harvest…so every 3-4 weeks.
I use this method with ocean Forest and it’s been far more consistent and produced better growth over the liquid synthetic nutes…like Tiger Bloom.
I use Gaia Green and for flower they have a 2-8-4 (which stands for the percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium).
I follow the direction on the label, which is 1 tablespoon for each gallon of soil…..plus I’ll add the EWC and scratch it into the top of my soil…..add water and you’re good to go for 3-4 weeks.
The 2-8-4 is Gaia Green’s particular ratio and other brands will differ a bit. But for flowering you want that first number, which is the percentage of nitrogen, to be the lowest….and the middle number the highest.
If you decide to give it the Tiger Bloom make sure you feed it no more than half the suggested dose. It will fry that plant faster than you can smoke a doobie.
Good luck.
Oh, one more thing…..the watering. Ideally in soil you want the medium to go through a decent wet/dry cycle. So when you water make sure you soak it. Go slow and allow every square inch to get saturated. Then wait until the medium is fairly dry throughout before watering again.
Normal conditions for me is every 3-4 days. During heavy flowering it will drink more though.
I feel odd giving someone advice who has grown such a beautiful plant without the first shred of help….but everything I’ve said is true and I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way.
By the way, where are u located ?? As in what’s the climate like?? Growing in upstate New York is way different than South Texas….so that will come into play as fall approaches.

B

Bgood

Consider yourself lucky to mix miracle grow and Ocean Forest and have the plant look so good. MG is strong stuff plus Ocean Forest is heavily amended with organic nutes. Normally a plant in OF doesn’t need anything for the first 30 days.
I’ve grown a bunch in Ocean Forest and think I have it figured out.
Believe it or not, one thing you could do is to simply top dress with more Ocean Forest along with EWC (earth worm castings).
Be very careful with the Fox Farms synthetic nutrients like Tiger Bloom.
Honestly I would suggest buying a good organic dry fert like Gaia Green or Dr Earth….even Fox farms has their own line of dry organics.
In your case you’d need to top dress soon as flowering is starting, then probably 2 more times until harvest…so every 3-4 weeks.
I use this method with ocean Forest and it’s been far more consistent and produced better growth over the liquid synthetic nutes…like Tiger Bloom.
I use Gaia Green and for flower they have a 2-8-4 (which stands for the percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium).
I follow the direction on the label, which is 1 tablespoon for each gallon of soil…..plus I’ll add the EWC and scratch it into the top of my soil…..add water and you’re good to go for 3-4 weeks.
The 2-8-4 is Gaia Green’s particular ratio and other brands will differ a bit. But for flowering you want that first number, which is the percentage of nitrogen, to be the lowest….and the middle number the highest.
If you decide to give it the Tiger Bloom make sure you feed it no more than half the suggested dose. It will fry that plant faster than you can smoke a doobie.
Good luck.
Oh, one more thing…..the watering. Ideally in soil you want the medium to go through a decent wet/dry cycle. So when you water make sure you soak it. Go slow and allow every square inch to get saturated. Then wait until the medium is fairly dry throughout before watering again.
Normal conditions for me is every 3-4 days. During heavy flowering it will drink more though.
I feel odd giving someone advice who has grown such a beautiful plant without the first shred of help….but everything I’ve said is true and I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way.
By the way, where are u located ?? As in what’s the climate like?? Growing in upstate New York is way different than South Texas….so that will come into play as fall approaches.
I think I will try a dry organic fertilizer like you were saying. I don’t want to take a chance with the tiger bloom and have it fry up.
I’m actually located in upstate New York.
Please don’t feel odd. I really appreciate all of the advice. I wasn’t to sure about what I was doing.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I think I will try a dry organic fertilizer like you were saying. I don’t want to take a chance with the tiger bloom and have it fry up.
I’m actually located in upstate New York.
Please don’t feel odd. I really appreciate all of the advice. I wasn’t to sure about what I was doing.
Roots organic has a few different lines of dry organic amendments. I have been using their terp tea line up this grow with great results. You can get their products through a number of online retailers and Amazon.

Top Bottom