First time growing(Any advice helps)

• Thread starter gemini21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gemini21

gemini21

Hello , this is my first time trying to grow. I have planted 2 random seeds (found them in my stash) , it has been nearly 2 months and this is what they look like.
Its a window grow they get only 6-7 hours of sun per day on a good day (the window is facing east ps. best place i could find)

I have only used random dirt that i found from plants, and normal tap water no nutrions
I still can't figure out the sex.

Any advice on what to do next and how to make it grow faster or what to add?

First  time growingany advice helps
First  time growingany advice helps 2
First  time growingany advice helps 3

airedog

airedog

Supporter
You might want to add some perlite to loosen up your soil. Read some soil related threads here and decide on a basic soil nutrient regimen. Get an accurate way to measure the pH of your soil and the solution strength and pH of your nutrients. If growing indoors, put the plants in an envrionment that you can control. Buy adequate lighting and ventilation gear, a carbon scrubber, and something to keep humidity within an optimal range for your grow area.

I'm not a soil grower but the above are basics. If you are like most of us, you will likely learn more from your mistakes than your successes; so don't be afraid to make a mistake, just learn from it and move on. Most importantly, enjoy what you're doing and realize that you are on an endless journey of knowledge and skill development.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

More light, then transplant into larger pots with better aerated soil.

You are going to have to control the light and dark periods if you want them to flower successfully. I'm guessing a random seed is a not an auto.

gemini21

gemini21

You are going to have to control the light and dark periods if you want them to flower successfully. I'm guessing a random seed is a not an auto.

thanks for the tips ,

but still can't figure out the sex of the plants ,should i wait for them to show before i transplant them into larger pots
and weed is illegal where i live so its not that easy to get more light and better equipment

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you can invest in some things, but if that is impossible you might try moving it from one side of the house to the other to get east then west light.

you can grab some fertilizer like tomato stuff and add that.

up-potting would be great, you can drill holes in the bottom of a cat litter bucket or a 5 gallon one (you can drive behind most any walmart or restaurant or store and find a big something you can make into a container free) for dirt, go to your big box store and ask if they have any potting soil that has been broken open and coould you get a discount on it. make sure it has perilite in it so you dont have to get that too.

for the night it needs to make it bloom, you can put it in your closet for 12 hours (make sure it is 12 hours, not less). you will have to do this for about 8 or 10 weeks.

the other thing you can do is find an outdoor spot for it. google best spots for outdoors. and how to move a plant from inside to outside. keep it watered and hope... and in the fall you will see

Panhead59

Panhead59

you can invest in some things, but if that is impossible you might try moving it from one side of the house to the other to get east then west light.

you can grab some fertilizer like tomato stuff and add that.

up-potting would be great, you can drill holes in the bottom of a cat litter bucket or a 5 gallon one (you can drive behind most any walmart or restaurant or store and find a big something you can make into a container free) for dirt, go to your big box store and ask if they have any potting soil that has been broken open and coould you get a discount on it. make sure it has perilite in it so you dont have to get that too.

for the night it needs to make it bloom, you can put it in your closet for 12 hours (make sure it is 12 hours, not less). you will have to do this for about 8 or 10 weeks.

the other thing you can do is find an outdoor spot for it. google best spots for outdoors. and how to move a plant from inside to outside. keep it watered and hope... and in the fall you will see
I am a new indoor grower also. To do it right. Or close to it, it's taken me about 1 grand $ to get set up. It's not cheap, but it is what it is. You have to control the environment. That means for example, a tent, heater, humidifier, good organic soil, good light, etc. Of course there are many paths on this road. Just depends on your expectations and limits. Outdoors is of course waaaayyyy cheaper.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off buy feminized seeds, use dirt made for weed like fox farms, pro mix or bio bizz, add pearlite for nitro and airation, use clay pebbles for good drainage, you need a light, i recommend viperspectra 600w 2 cycle led reflector series if your going to grow autoflowers you need this light bc you run autos under blue light if growing photoperid plants check out spider farmer, both lights can be had for about $150 delivered, food botanacare pro grow 1ml per us gal, for bloom atami Bloombastic, then you need a tent hydrocrunch is good, fans to keep plants cool, a ph meter, thermometer,, de earth, you need all this stuff to grow properly and your gonna pay cash to get set up, unfortunately it is probably to late to start an outdoors grow, transplant them into bigger pots and throw them outside you may get lucky, growing indoors costs cash for start up but i made my mony back.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

thanks for the tips ,

but still can't figure out the sex of the plants ,should i wait for them to show before i transplant them into larger pots
and weed is illegal where i live so its not that easy to get more light and better equipment
They probably haven't developed enough yet to tell. Note the leaves are opposite each other. As the plant matures, leaves will alternate: one side, then the other.

Get a 15-20X hand lens or other magnifier. check the nodes, to the sides of the petioles (leaf stems). That's where the first flowers will appear.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

+1

Latest posts

Top Bottom