First time growing autos..need help

• Thread starter will steele
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
will steele

will steele

I have Mexican Airline auto going in my vegetable garden in Maryland for about 70 +-days . These don't seem to grow like other feminize plants I have had. The buds look good now but I'm not certain how long to let them grow. I could tell with others by looking at the buds developing trichomes ,changing colors etc but these are different need help
First time growing autosneed help
First time growing autosneed help 2

az2000

az2000

I've grown autos. Just watch the trichomes the same way you would a photosensitive plant. Don't pay attention to whatever you read on the seedbank's product page. They usually say 7-8 weeks. I think what they mean is earliest harvest. From what I've seen reading an autoflower forum a few years ago, everyone goes 11-12 weeks. I did 12-13 (14 once). You're only 6.8 weeks. You've got more time. They'll fatten up, and have brown pistils. It will look familiar to you. You'll decide when by the trichomes. Just like you always do.

will steele

will steele

thanks for the response. I will watch the trichomes develop and hope they fatten up. The aroma of one plant is very strong compared to the others and very sticky. Next year I go back to photosensitive sativa dominate ,any suggestions?

will steele

will steele

question about autos..if I let them go past the time that is suggested will I get reduced trichomes, poor quality? ..right now the plants are 2 weeks longer that the autoperiod and looking good trichome wise...will they benefit from letting them grow longer?

az2000

az2000

question about autos..if I let them go past the time that is suggested will I get reduced trichomes, poor quality? ..right now the plants are 2 weeks longer that the autoperiod and looking good trichome wise...will they benefit from letting them grow longer?

If the trichomes look right, I'd harvest. I tend to let them go longer into amber -- because I'm greedy and think I'll get more bud, denser buds. The high is less energetic. I keep telling myself I should harvest earlier... but I always think "but there's more...."

You can pluck a small bud (an air bud, something not worth much), dry it a little and smoke it. Some people will harvest some bud, wait a little and harvest the rest. (I suppose that can be done to an auto. It's past the point of trauma mattering. It shouldn't set it back anymore than doing it to a photosensitive.).

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

I've grown autos. Just watch the trichomes the same way you would a photosensitive plant. Don't pay attention to whatever you read on the seedbank's product page. They usually say 7-8 weeks. I think what they mean is earliest harvest. From what I've seen reading an autoflower forum a few years ago, everyone goes 11-12 weeks. I did 12-13 (14 once). You're only 6.8 weeks. You've got more time. They'll fatten up, and have brown pistils. It will look familiar to you. You'll decide when by the trichomes. Just like you always do.
I did read about the smell being the strongest tells you it’s time or close to harvest.my pheno were smelling great at 8 weeks and the rest at 9 because I had yellowing leaves all the way to buds and my trichomes looked cloudy on most . By then the smell was a lot lighter, .does that seem to be a true statement ....the smell being strongest .
Also my weed has smelled like skunk from 2 week on ...I thought that odd.
Happy growing

will steele

will steele

Don't know how much better they could look, trichomes are abundant looking not as amber as others . I'm going to cut them tomorrow and start drying. In my area of Maryland I'm going to plant another couple plants, august, sept ,October are great months so Im taking advantage of the autos, got plenty of grow time. Next year its back to feminized sativa, no autos. Anybody with suggestions for next years sativa crop? thanks folks for all the response and advice.

will steele

will steele

I bought this toady for a 2nd grow, Anyone have experience with this auto? BLue Berry Auto is a beautiful inbred cross of a Lowryder #2 male an original Blueberry mother. This auto-flower matures in 70-75 days from germination. The resulting plant is a vigorous and potent. This auto-flower strain has excellent side branching. Although some of the blue hues from the mother have been lost in the cross, this strain retains its mothers fruity taste. Easy to grow and good in cold weather. Good for beginners.

Genetics : Lowryder #2 x Blueberry
Pack Size : 5 Seeds
Flowering Type : Auto Flowering
Sex : Feminized
Grows :Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time : 10 Weeks from Seed to Flower

Top Bottom