First time growing/harvesting need help

• Thread starter Badger21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badger21

Badger21

Hello friends,
I hope you are all having a great harvest season.

So this is my first time ever growing and I need to know what to look for to get the timing of harvest down.
Some information that might be useful is:
I am doing an outside grow in colorado
I am using soil and fabric pots
I am now in week 6 of flowering. At least I think.

What are the signs to look for when a plant is ready for harvest?

Attached is a photo I took just so you all can tell me what you think. This is about the average cola I didn't think I'd even get this far with the plants to be honest haha.

20210918 102016
Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Stick around and be patient it looks like you have a couple weeks..get a jewelry loupe and get ready to start checking trichomes. Nice to meet you looking good so far good job 🙂

Badger21

Badger21

Stick around and be patient it looks like you have a couple weeks..get a jewelry loupe and get ready to start checking trichomes. Nice to meet you looking good so far good job 🙂
Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Good idea.. I'm gonna go pick one up now at harbor freight. Nice to meet you too! 😝

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

Hello friends,
I hope you are all having a great harvest season.

So this is my first time ever growing and I need to know what to look for to get the timing of harvest down.
Some information that might be useful is:
I am doing an outside grow in colorado
I am using soil and fabric pots
I am now in week 6 of flowering. At least I think.

What are the signs to look for when a plant is ready for harvest?

Attached is a photo I took just so you all can tell me what you think. This is about the average cola I didn't think I'd even get this far with the plants to be honest haha.
Hi welcome to the forum,I think you may have another 30 days to be done, you will see bud thicken ad become encrusted with trichomes , as mentioned earlier
you will need a jewelers loop , you want mostly cloudy 70% with some amber colored, the more amber the stronger they will smoke

Badger21

Badger21

Hi welcome to the forum,I think you may have another 30 days to be done, you will see bud thicken ad become encrusted with trichomes , as mentioned earlier
you will need a jewelers loop , you want mostly cloudy 70% with some amber colored, the more amber the stronger they will smoke
Good to know. I'm happy I asked because I thought this weekend was the time to do it. I just have to be a little more patient haha. Thanks a bunch for the advice! There's so much different input on the subject and it's difficult to know what to do without asking someone who's done it. So I appreciate it.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Have a minute for another look? I’ve had some issues and thought I had rot so I’ve been rushed. I don’t want to pull early if they’ll make it and are still growing.

Full disclosure. I moved them from the. Backyard to the basement for full dark for 48 hours (just something I read) but if it won’t shock them I can put them back out.

if this is out of place I apologize. I was posting my own & it asked if it was already being discussed. I’ll look for the best pics I have and post them in a minute.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Have a minute for another look? I’ve had some issues and thought I had rot so I’ve been rushed. I don’t want to pull early if they’ll make it and are still growing.

Full disclosure. I moved them from the. Backyard to the basement for full dark for 48 hours (just something I read) but if it won’t shock them I can put them back out.
All I can say is look close and pull any black stuff.do some research its all here on this site.. i personally grow indoors and control my humidity..never put them in the dark either

SC69

SC69

Supporter
All I can say is look close and pull any black stuff.do some research its all here on this site.. i personally grow indoors and control my humidity..never put them in the dark either
There’s no black. I had some brown sugar leaves but they snapped and didn’t pull. Inspected and sure. Just the first time and made a lot of mistakes. The dark thing came from here. More stress. lol. Thanks for replying. Sorry if it was rude to jump in.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Awesome! Thanks for the advice. Good idea.. I'm gonna go pick one up now at harbor freight. Nice to meet you too! 😝
The things you learn. I’ve been waiting for a loupe to come from Amazon (due Wednesday) but harbor freight is 12 miles away. 🤣🤣

Badger21

Badger21

There’s no black. I had some brown sugar leaves but they snapped and didn’t pull. Inspected and sure. Just the first time and made a lot of mistakes. The dark thing came from here. More stress. lol. Thanks for replying. Sorry if it was rude
Do you have pictures? I've never heard

Top Bottom