First time growing.I need help

• Thread starter Nugman6996
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nugman6996

I just started growing 3 weeks ago and my plants stand at 8" tall. Is that good? I only use a 9" fan and an LED bulb for my plants. I have 3 of them and I just want them to be successful. Can anyone tell me how to do this the right way? I haven't used any nutrients yet, I want to keep it organic but idk what I should buy for them.please help

N

Nugman6996

The leaves that first sprouted on the plants are dying, is that supposed to happen?
20190501 045219
20190501 045215
20190501 045213

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Your plants are stretching. Move the light closer or move them closer to the light. Also water outside the root zone not inside. This will make the roots search for moisture and therefore grow more robustly.

N

Nugman6996

Should I be turning the lights off at all? I've been giving 6 hours of darktime everyday...is that ok?

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Your plants are stretching. Move the light closer or move them closer to the light. Also water outside the root zone not inside. This will make the roots search for moisture and therefore grow more robustly.
Meaning water closer to the pots edge in a circular motion instead on directly where the stem is. If i am understanding what @JWM2 is saying...correct me if im wrong. Also those first two leaves will die, this is normal.

N

Nugman6996

Anybody else have any tips on if I should use nutrients and what kind?

chemistry

chemistry

Pick your line of nuits and stick to them until you master it, I use Canna due to it's ease of use, and being easy to order on the net.

N

Nugman6996

Here are my plants now, I lowered the light so it is 6” from the plants. I am also using a fertilizer that I bought at Walmart.it is for growth, how often should I water them with the fertilizer?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use 18/6 light cycle. But if your lights that close and the plant is still stretching, with your light not being strong enough to saturate the plant I would go with 24/0 light in your case.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I also water around the edges of the pots now
What aqua man said plus If the soil holds moisture make sure not to over water but they look like your already doing a good job. I wanted to use drinking straws but I was worried the plastic chemicals would leach into the soil have you had any issue with em?

N

Nugman6996

I use 18/6 light cycle. But if your lights that close and the plant is still stretching, with your light not being strong enough to saturate the plant I would go with 24/0 light in your case.
They are stretching still?

N

Nugman6996

What aqua man said plus If the soil holds moisture make sure not to over water but they look like your already doing a good job. I wanted to use drinking straws but I was worried the plastic chemicals would leach into the soil have you had any issue with em?
I’ve had no problem with them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They are stretching still?
Its a bit spindly to me.... not bad but could probably benefit from more compact growth. Normally I would never personally suggest 24/0 as I do feel some dark period is beneficial but I don't think you are going to reach the light saturation point where the plant processes for photosynthesis can't keep up and needs a dark or rest period. just my opinion and does not make it right. Both 18/6 and 24/0 will work for you in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom