First time growing in coco

• Thread starter cse1995
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cse1995

cse1995

Hi all, currently growing in coco, on week 4 veg from clones.

Seem to be having some issues with a few of my plants, looking lifeless and thin, new growth is very small it seems.

My PH, humidity and temperature are all correct, but something seems to be wrong.

Some leaves seem to be curling and shrinking. They dont seem to be gaining much height.

Any ideas ?

First time growing in coco
First time growing in coco 2
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Hows the roots looking like? When there's issues with clones I usually have a look at the roots first

cse1995

cse1995

Hows the roots looking like? When there's issues with clones I usually have a look at the roots first
Roots seem to be okay, theyve filled out there pots and are starting to show through the bottom edges off there cotton pots

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Ok so we can assume your roots are fine. Whats your feeding regime? You also mentioned your ph is correct, im curious if thats the ph of your nute solution or runoff or both.

cse1995

cse1995

Ok so we can assume your roots are fine. Whats your feeding regime? You also mentioned your ph is correct, im curious if thats the ph of your nute solution or runoff or both.
I've been advised to feed every day in Coco, I have 16 plants and 10 of them have really gained size in 4 weeks of veg. The other seem to be having growth issues and leaves beginning to curl.

So i feed every day at the moment, with a PH of 5.8 which the same goes for my run off ( which is the disposed of ), should I drop my PH to 5.5 maybe ?

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I've been advised to feed every day in Coco, I have 16 plants and 10 of them have really gained size in 4 weeks of veg. The other seem to be having growth issues and leaves beginning to curl.

So i feed every day at the moment, with a PH of 5.8 which the same goes for my run off ( which is the disposed of ), should I drop my PH to 5.5 maybe ?
Ok maybe its just weaker genos coming into play, I would pick my ph up abit actually, 6.0 - 6.2. Usually around 4 weeks 5.7 - 6.0 is perfect, but you might have to change a few things to see how it will effect them, I usually go coco in my gardens, ive done pure perlite and coco i even done amended coco, ive watered up to 5 times a day even, from experience even tho its said you cant over water coco (which holds some truth) i have found that some phenos dont do so well with multiple feedings/waterings, try to feed once every 2nd day for awhile and see if they improve. id start with that

cse1995

cse1995

Ok maybe its just weaker genos coming into play, I would pick my ph up abit actually, 6.0 - 6.2. Usually around 4 weeks 5.7 - 6.0 is perfect, but you might have to change a few things to see how it will effect them, I usually go coco in my gardens, ive done pure perlite and coco i even done amended coco, ive watered up to 5 times a day even, from experience even tho its said you cant over water coco (which holds some truth) i have found that some phenos dont do so well with multiple feedings/waterings, try to feed once every 2nd day for awhile and see if they improve. id start with that
Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up my PH a little and see if theres any improvement

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

How much water are you giving them everyday? They do need to dry just a bit in coco. It may be over watered if your soaking the pots everyday. Also if your not look for bugs.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

They tell me a possible root problem cause of the drooping.

cse1995

cse1995

They tell me a possible root problem cause of the drooping.
Roots are white and have totally filled out there cotton pots and have started to push through their pots. So I dont think it's the roots. But then again I'm new to this so I'm unsure

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If you decide to transplant before flower post a pic of the roots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom