First time growing indoors

• Thread starter Jameskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jameskins

Jameskins

Hey yall. First time growing indoors. I have a 5x5 tent for now with a mars hydro ts3000 led light. Just trying to figure this thing out before I go a bit bigger. I've got the ph figured out. But the ppm situation is messing me up. The nutes I'm using recommend 4ml per liter each of their 2 part. Plus 4ml per liter of a b vitamin. I noticed some purplish branches which I was told Is a magnesium deficiency. I was also told that the newer style led lights burn magnesium fairly quickly so I should supplement with cal mag. So I add my part and and b. I add my b vitamin. And my cal mag and it puts my ppm at 1330. Have a bluelab pen. Is that too high? Or would it be ok if I give it a good drink of just water for the next feeding? I am using ro water for them. P.s I am not using the recommended dose. I am using 2ml per liter. And 5ml per liter of cal mag.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
1300 is too high, Id keep it closer to 500 for young plants. up to 7-800 for mature flowering plants.

purple stems can be from it being a bit too cold, plus its also common with LED's. What are your lights on and lights out temps?

Jameskins

Jameskins

1300 is too high, Id keep it closer to 500 for young plants. up to 7-800 for mature flowering plants.

purple stems can be from it being a bit too cold, plus its also common with LED's. What are your lights on and lights out temps?
I have controllers so it just stays at one temp for the most part. I have it set at 29c and my humidity I have it set at 60%. Controller kicks on when the temp drops to 27. Not sure how to get the temps down lower at night while still being able to use my heater when the lights are on as my light doesn't put off very much heat.

Jameskins

Jameskins

I have controllers so it just stays at one temp for the most part. I have it set at 29c and my humidity I have it set at 60%. Controller kicks on when the temp drops to 27. Not sure how to get the temps down lower at night while still being able to use my heater when the lights are on as my light doesn't put off very much heat.
How do I get the ppm down? Use less nutrients? Maybe add 1ml per liter instead of 2?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
How do I get the ppm down? Use less nutrients? Maybe add 1ml per liter instead of 2?
That or dilute with more water.. always start at 1/4 or recommended and work your plants up. Once you see no signs of nutrient related stress, you can bump the ppm up.

Jameskins

Jameskins

That or dilute with more water.. always start at 1/4 or recommended and work your plants up. Once you see no signs of nutrient related stress, you can bump the ppm up.
Ok. Ill try to give more water. Right now im just using 10L. But ill bump it up to 20 and see how the ppm does. I'm switching to flower in 3 days also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom