FIRST TIME GROWING JUST HAVING FUN BUT WOULD LIKE A LITTLE ADVICE

• Thread starter newcastle112
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newcastle112

hello everybody, thanks for letting me join and feel welcome so my plant are day 33 and now i have them on 600w sun blaster light with a fan inside running and my extractor i’m using 10 or 15 litre pots with soil not sure on correct soil but can find out and am following a guide I’ve got with my food so just feeding every 3 days or when pots all light in weight am keeping to 22 degrees and 50 - 60 per cent humidity , with 18 hours light and 6 hours dark was wanting no how long i should veg for and if i should use a trestle lines now or later on .. thanks
First time growing just having fun but would like a little advice
First time growing just having fun but would like a little advice 2
First time growing just having fun but would like a little advice 3

N

newcastle112

was wanting to no if 36 inches is ok for my light being away from my plants and i have one light for 3 plants in a space about 1.2 by 1.2 m 6.3 foot high

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

The three main challenges new growers face are too much light, too frequent watering, and too much feeding. My guess is that you're dealing with all three, based on plant and leaf shape. If your light is truly pulling 600 watts from the wall, I'd move it to the top of the tent and dim it to 25% of max intensity. When the leaves pray an hour before darkness, turn up the light a little. Water to runoff only when the pots are light. Feed every fourth watering. (Given that I don't know anything about your soil, your light, your water, your nutes, or your space, that's just a ballpark starting point.) You might look for a seed-to-harvest guide to help get water, light, and nutes balanced. There are some good ones out there...books, forum posts, YouTube videos, etc.

steamroller

steamroller

Most feed soil every other feeding or so? Your plants will tell you what they want and don't.
Look into a phone app like https://growlightmeter.com/
I use a $10 water meter to help know what is going on in the pots.
Learn to recognize issues and try to figure them out as best you can before asking for help.
Part of learning and good way to do so. Read other threads where help is being sought.
Often there is a lot to be learned from others.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
hello everybody, thanks for letting me join and feel welcome so my plant are day 33 and now i have them on 600w sun blaster light with a fan inside running and my extractor i’m using 10 or 15 litre pots with soil not sure on correct soil but can find out and am following a guide I’ve got with my food so just feeding every 3 days or when pots all light in weight am keeping to 22 degrees and 50 - 60 per cent humidity , with 18 hours light and 6 hours dark was wanting no how long i should veg for and if i should use a trestle lines now or later on .. thanks View attachment 1337217View attachment 1337218View attachment 1337219
Hi welcome to the Farm.....22 is too cold for them you need 26-27...You can see they're living but not thriving. In soil I water / feed/ water/feed/ ect.....Your pots should dry enough every 3-4 days to require a feed or a water depending on where you are in your cycle....Add heat with lights on only your off temps will be fine...you'll see more vertical growth within a week of adding more heat.

N

newcastle112

Hi welcome to the Farm.....22 is too cold for them you need 26-27...You can see they're living but not thriving. In soil I water / feed/ water/feed/ ect.....Your pots should dry enough every 3-4 days to require a feed or a water depending on where you are in your cycle....Add heat with lights on only your off temps will be fine...you'll see more vertical growth within a week of adding more heat.
so what temp should my tent be when lights are on 26 degrees , thanks

N

newcastle112

A8DD54D9 1ED5 44AC B1BE A58D5FC6A602

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
so if i’m in between them temperatures should be okay appreciate your help
The higher end of that is better for growth the low end they'll live the upper they thrive...optimal leaf temp is 78f, a room around 80f achieves that. 70 -75 f too cold 76f is min is my belief....The soil stays wet too long with lower temperatures, Add a heat lamp...an oil filled heater, reptile lamp more light, sleeping bag on top of tent, ect...

J

JoirsJea

hello everybody, thanks for letting me join and feel welcome so my plant are day 33 and now i have them on 600w sun blaster light with a fan inside running and my extractor i’m using 10 or 15 litre pots with soil not sure on correct soil but can find out and am following a guide I’ve got with my food so just feeding every 3 days or when pots all light in weight am keeping to 22 degrees and 50 - 60 per cent humidity , with 18 hours light and 6 hours dark was wanting no how long i should veg for and if i should use a trestle lines now or later on .. thanks View attachment 1337217View attachment 1337218View attachment 1337219
For temperature and humidity you want to look up the ideal VPD for your stage of growth. Each stage does like certain levels of heat and humidity, but the VPD measurement is most important. For lights you can download the photone app and make sure you have the settings for the type of light you're using applied. Then you can just simply look up the PPFD/DLI for your stage of growth.

Top Bottom