First Time Growing Like a Weed

• Thread starter FirstTimer1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

Hey Guys! Well being that tomorrow July 1st, cannabis will finally be legal in my state, I had to join the community and share!

First time growing here. Started off with a Blueberry. I germinated in a wet paper towel and placed it in a standard solo cup once the tap root showed about 1 cm. Once the leaves reached the outside edge of the cup I transplanted to a 3 gallon fabric pot. 6.5 weeks in at the moment. Growing in my closet at the moment inside a grow tent. Constant 80 degrees and 48% humidity. Starting to smell a bit so I'll be figuring out the cheapest and best way to mitigate that so my entire house doesn't smell.

Anyways, wanted to say hello!

First time growing like a weed

crossfader

crossfader

Welcome!
If she smells now wait until you're in flower mode...you'll definitely need to get a handle on ventilation/air filtration.✌

crossfader

crossfader

Well everyone's needs are different... I grow one plant at a time in a 2x2 tent in my basement. I finally broke down and bought a ventilation fan & carbon filter, one of those Amazon specials lol.

I'm in a townhouse complex and even though it's legal (🇨🇦) I don't want to 'advertise' that I'm growing and more importantly the wife doesn't care for the smell of the fragrant flowers I grow😆

For you it's going to depend on the size of your tent and closet. You'll need to figure out the CFM (cubic feet per minute) for your size tent and base your fan/filter needs on that number.

But yeah you'll need some serious filtration in order to keep odors in check...especially if you've got neighbors in close proximity!✌

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

How did your amazon carbon filter perform? Were you happy with it? I'm just in a 2x2x4 tent in the closet as well.

Habosabin

Habosabin

What is the size of your light? Plant looks very healthy so far. Good job.

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

I got a 600w led from amazon as well. probably more like 2-300w really. But it seems to be doing well for now. I figured I'd just give a go without too much investment.

Habosabin

Habosabin

What is the model. You should know exactly how many watts you running. Only asking because at 6.5 weeks it would be much further along with 200 watts. Growth is very dependant on watts going in.

It's about to start growing really fast.

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

Well, to be fair, the first 2 weeks I had a rinky dink light and it wasn't nearly enough. It was alot linkier than expected. I was also putting it outside for the day and in the closet at night. I could tell it wasn't enough light so I went ahead and got this and kept the plant under it 24/7. It definitely picked up growth so it seems to like the light. My second plant is nice and stocky. Short and wide. I started this one under the new lamp and it seems happier.

Last edited:
FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

This one here (Black Widow) isn't as linky as the first. It's been under the new light the entire time, very short and stocky. 3.5 weeks.
Image 67219457

Last edited:
Habosabin

Habosabin

Here is mine at 3.5 weeks. So trying to get a handle on your wattage. Thus is 120w at 20hrs a day.

07CCFBDB 85CB 4C70 828A 76BE56C27C41
FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

Hmm, that makes me sad mine is so small. I don't have a wattage meter to measure what its pulling from the wall. I thought about lowering the light and raise it as it grows.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Hmm, that makes me sad mine is so small. I don't have a wattage meter to measure what its pulling from the wall. I thought about lowering the light and raise it as it grows.
What's the model of your light. We can just look it up.

Habosabin

Habosabin

It's not going to be as big as mine because mine is in rockwool but it should be growing really rapidly by about the 3rd to 4th week.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'm sure once you transplant the black widow she will take off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom