First time growing outdoor in a tropical climate, need help.

• Thread starter EddieEd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EddieEd

EddieEd

Hi Experts!

I have grown indoors before with success from germinating all the way to harvest.

But this time I'd like to try it outdoors since I'm living in a tropical climate in Malaysia. It's hot most of the days and very humid. I have Critical Neville Haze Auto Fem germinated successfully, but when I put them into pots, with potting soil, outdoors, they don't seem to sprout. out of 7 seeds I have tried, only 1 have sprouted but seems to be have just stopped growing at all, not even true leaves coming out. Just a pair of cotyledon.

I have been keeping them near to the sun but under shade. Tried putting them under direct sunlight for about 3 hours then bringing it back under the shade, still the same progress. Outdoor temp is about 30c or more, been giving them just tap water.

If you guys have any experience in growing from seed outdoors, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Hi Experts!

I have grown indoors before with success from germinating all the way to harvest.

But this time I'd like to try it outdoors since I'm living in a tropical climate in Malaysia. It's hot most of the days and very humid. I have Critical Neville Haze Auto Fem germinated successfully, but when I put them into pots, with potting soil, outdoors, they don't seem to sprout. out of 7 seeds I have tried, only 1 have sprouted but seems to be have just stopped growing at all, not even true leaves coming out. Just a pair of cotyledon.

I have been keeping them near to the sun but under shade. Tried putting them under direct sunlight for about 3 hours then bringing it back under the shade, still the same progress. Outdoor temp is about 30c or more, been giving them just tap water.

If you guys have any experience in growing from seed outdoors, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
I'm wondering the same. I'm in 90 degree Fahrenheit humid weather. Mine just sprouted and have outdoors with a small fan blowing on it.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Hi Experts!

Thanks!
Get an inexpensive t-5 light to get your seedlings started THEN put them outside

Top Bottom