First time growing outdoor plants

• Thread starter AlohaSnack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlohaSnack

AlohaSnack

Hey guys I'm new here, my name is AlohaSnack and I'm from southern Ontario in Toronto. My friend gifted me two little plants but strains are unknown. I know it's a little late to grow but I just started and was interested in taking on the plants for experimentation. Next year I will definitely grow my own plants better then this time but this is a learning process for me anyway

I have these two plants but I think they might have pests or are getting burnt by the sun? I'm not looking to get anything out of them but a learning experience. Can someone help me out with my little babies?

First time growing outdoor plants
First time growing outdoor plants 2
First time growing outdoor plants 3
First time growing outdoor plants 4
First time growing outdoor plants 5
mancorn

mancorn

Get yourself a jewelers loupe ($10-$15) so can inspect the underside of your leaves for tiny bugs. Looks like you might have mites or thrips. Do an image search on them and then you’ll be able to find tons of info on the Farm for either bug. (Don’t spray until you know what the actual problem is.)

Normally a burnt leaf tip is a sign of nutrient burn. Your soil looks like it might have manure(?) which can be pretty hot if not fully composted.

AlohaSnack

AlohaSnack

I've been convinced it's spider mites, have been spraying the insecticidal soap on them at night, moved them away from other plants in the garden for more airflow

BudBogart

BudBogart

I was thinking basic nute burn, very typical with maybe some bug problem, typical for plants that aren’t healthy. If you can ph test your soil, good.
I would make sure the pots had a chance to dry a bit and then I would a flush water to make certain any salt , nute buildup is removed.

CrazyColas

CrazyColas

I just harvested from real marginal soil where I dumped leaves and detritus from a pool for years. Great tip learned: plant behind cleomes, which kind of look like cannabis until they bloom, then give great cover. Fertilized only when sex was being determined, then weekly once colas form (Tiger Bloom). It’s going to be very easy determining Christmas gifts this year!

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hey guys I'm new here, my name is AlohaSnack and I'm from southern Ontario in Toronto. My friend gifted me two little plants but strains are unknown. I know it's a little late to grow but I just started and was interested in taking on the plants for experimentation. Next year I will definitely grow my own plants better then this time but this is a learning process for me anyway

I have these two plants but I think they might have pests or are getting burnt by the sun? I'm not looking to get anything out of them but a learning experience. Can someone help me out with my little babies?
Your soil looks a little compacted. Probably has slow draining conditions. I suspect a poor root zone condition, low oxygen. This is an anaerobic soil condition which breeds oxygen consuming anaerobic bacteria in the soil medium. Smell the bottom of your container, if it smells bad or anything other than a pleasant earthy smell, you have root rot. Bad ( anaerobic) bacteria choke the roots.
Good mycho (aerobic) bacteria which help process nutrients for the plant to uptake and feed the roots are rewarded by the plant, feeding them their food supply. A symbiotic relationship which is a healthy bio system in your soil. The soil needs oxygen, if its slow draining, your O2 decreases as the moisture drowns the roots.

Top Bottom