First time growing, Please help

• Thread starter SeeAirAhh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeeAirAhh

SeeAirAhh

What I’m using:
5gal smart pots
1 gal filtered water mixed with 2ml of each micro, grow, and bloom nutrients and a little ph up to keep it between 6-7 ph.. soil test showed to bring the ph down by .1 or.2 so I have the water at 6.8 so its right in the middle. I usually just use a sprayer, but I have used my drip system to wet the soil. Maybe over watering is my issue?
I started off with an LED and noticed the stems were stretching, lowered it and noticed that 2 of the 3 were leaning and not getting the light needed.
Bought a new Vivosun light and I raised that up thinking maybe it’s light burn.
I keep temps between 72-75f and humidity is around 70-75%
I just don’t want to kill them. They seem like they’re light in color and one seems to be yellowing in the center? What do you thinkmy issue is? Thanks in advance for any advice!

First time growing please help
First time growing please help 2
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

A little early to putting that much nutes on them, in the early stages the first of coyt leafs have the nitrogen to help it grow

william76

william76

They don't need any nutes for first 2 weeks at least in soil(depending on your soil, it may hav to much nutes in to start with.)definitely don't need bloom nutes(clues in the name)I'd giv them plain water and support till they get going,u might hav to flush ur soil through a little if you've fed to much nutes.good luck!,76

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

They don't need any nutes for first 2 weeks at least in soil(depending on your soil, it may hav to much nutes in to start with.)definitely don't need bloom nutes(clues in the name)I'd giv them plain water and support till they get going,u might hav to flush ur soil through a little if you've fed to much nutes.good luck!,76
Looks like coco and perlite

william76

william76

Sez above he soil tested it,u wouldn't do that in coco,iv grew in both for years,and hydro pretty much every way u can but wot do i know?,its cool,76

william76

william76

His ph is 6.7 coz he's in soil,if he was in coco he would hav it lower,around 6.0. Will76

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I think her plants look ok.
just use water for the next few weeks Ph’d to 6.5ish. They’ll be fine.
Don't overwater. Look like big pots for little plants.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Your plant has LEDfoot disease. Pre-order my book Teaming With Diodes to learn how to grow with LEDs.

Excerpt from chapter 3:

*** My first attempt at LED growing was in a well fertilized organic soil which resulted in dark, stunted plants that quickly became phosphorus deficient due to increased uptake of calcium. My second attempt, I opted for an unfertilized medium so I could get a good read on the plants. This grow resulted what is now a common expression amongst novice growers in recently legalized states: Pastel coloration, dull oak-like leaf morphology, and twisted growth where the midrib reels back the lamina. Recalling what we learnt on Chapter 1, we know what is causing this reduced midrib elongation and can predict with certainty that things do not look well below ground either.

[REDACTED]

I had never paid much attention to VPD parameter prior, however with LEDs it becomes obvious that the plants have problems regulating their calcium uptake. This relatively unknown symptom, the twisting, reeled back leaf, often coincides with a visible pooling of nitrogen, where the ammonia and amino acids created by nitrate transport have stopped dead in their tracks. Again going back to Chapter 1, we know that calcium is responsible for ensuring complete transport of nitrate derivatives through the plant.

[REDACTED]

Following VPD is key to successful LED growing,but don't reach for the colorful bar graphs you've right clicked from Google images. There's another factor we need to consider: leaf surface temperature. VPD recommendations complied for HPS/MH grows rarely consider this important variable: LED fixtures produce much less IR spectrum

Acronyms Glossary
LED - Light emitting diode
MH - Metal Halide
HPS - High Pressure Sodium
VPD - Vapor Pressure Deficit
IR - Infrared

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just go with what @BurnzYzBudZz said that’s gonna be some of your better advice some peeps on here make me lol like the post above me....

Here's that advice again ...

Let her grow. That’s the best thing you could do for the plant right now. Don’t over mother your plant. You’ll cause more issues ime.
Burnz

It's the best advice I've seen in this thread. In my opinion, they look fine. Just go easy with the nutes while they are so young. You can easily burn them.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Less is more with seedlings. They are a hell of a lot more temper-mental at that stage than you would think. No nutrients necessary in the beginning I personally get all my seedlings started in 100% sterile peat pellets. Absolutely no nutrients at all in those pellets yet the seedling will grow and still have enough stored energy to push a tap root out the bottom. Once roots showing out the bottom then they go into potting soil so they can really take off. Plain water only with seedling and just give them time they should stabilize. Good luck.

FireSurvivor

FireSurvivor

Agree with Backyard Boogie,
Seedlings are fragile in the sense that they only have little leaf material, so very sensitive to over feeding, seedlings don’t need much nutrients ‘till a few Internodes of growth. Less is more at that stage.

FireSurvivor

FireSurvivor

What I’m using:
5gal smart pots
1 gal filtered water mixed with 2ml of each micro, grow, and bloom nutrients and a little ph up to keep it between 6-7 ph.. soil test showed to bring the ph down by .1 or.2 so I have the water at 6.8 so its right in the middle. I usually just use a sprayer, but I have used my drip system to wet the soil. Maybe over watering is my issue?
I started off with an LED and noticed the stems were stretching, lowered it and noticed that 2 of the 3 were leaning and not getting the light needed.
I just don’t want to kill them. They seem like they’re light in color and one seems to be yellowing in the center? What do you thinkmy issue is? Thanks in advance for any advice!
After looking at photos they are quite young still, give ‘em a bit of time to grow more and they will start greening up more. Very weak feeding when young like that, careful with nutrients until they grow a bit more, good luck

william76

william76

Wasn't that wot I said way back at the start,just water to start with,they,ll tell u wen they're hungry.76

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

What I’m using:
5gal smart pots
Temp and humidity are dialed in for this stage, maybe a bit warmer. As people have stated, no nutes at this point, especially in soil. Seeds have enough food for first 7-10 days, then soil has plenty for now. My last run, I didn't touch the nutes until week 3 or 4 of veg and plants were super healthy. Ph is a little high. Keep the ph dialed in a little lower when watering or you'll develop an irreversible ph problem over time. Not that 6.8 is bad, just might want it a little lower. :) Last but not least, watch your watering. Starting in a 5 gal means you have to be super diligent with watering. You don't want soil sitting moist at the bottom of the pot too long or you'll get pathogen problems. You got this!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Nutrient uptake chart   hydro

Coco would follow the "hydro" chart for pH. It looks like the pH sweet spot for you would be 5.8. I'd suggest a decent pH pen (calibrated) and a PPM pen for growing in coco. You'll have far less headaches dialing in than trying to use the pH drops and match the color.

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Definitely with @MIGrampaUSA. Get a calibrated ppm meter. Don't ditch the nutes entirely, they'll need a touch in your medium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom