First time growing

• Thread starter jobush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jobush

jobush

Hey guys! how are you doing?
it is my first time growing marijuana ever, because a friend told me that it is helping him with his knee pain and I want to try it too.
I am not the youngest or the birghtest so I want the easiest way to do it because I have seen that growing a plant perfectly is very time consuming and you have to really know how to do it.
I´ll buy the seeds in the dispensary next to my house so I´ll let the person working there guide me, but if you know any strain that can help me with my pains, it will help me a lot.
The biggest question that I have is about the grow cabinet, I have been searching the web and I´v found out that the cheapest automatic one is the cabigrow, and it says that it has an app to follow the procedure.
I am not used to buying online but is the only the only way due that I haven´t seen any place next to me that sells any automatic growing cabinet,
Does anyone has experience with this product or a similar one? Do you guys have find any cheaper one?
Thank you guys for your time!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
so what are your concerns as in how much room you have?
don’t make the same mistake as pretty much everyone else, starting out thinking you’ll just grow a plant or two, no big deal.. etc than your hooked and have to expand!
my advice at least start out with a small room or a 5x5x8 ft tent..
grow in a soilless promix..
keep it as simple as possible..

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

don’t make the same mistake as pretty much everyone else, starting out thinking you’ll just grow a plant or two, no big deal.. etc than your hooked and have to expand!
😂 so true, I thought I’d just grow 4 plants. Then I find out growing is the most addictive hobby!
Hey guys! how are you doing?
it is my first time growing marijuana ever, because a friend told me that it is helping him with his knee pain and I want to try it too.
I am not the youngest or the birghtest so I want the easiest way to do it because I have seen that growing a plant perfectly is very time consuming and you have to really know how to do it.
I´ll buy the seeds in the dispensary next to my house so I´ll let the person working there guide me, but if you know any strain that can help me with my pains, it will help me a lot.
The biggest question that I have is about the grow cabinet, I have been searching the web and I´v found out that the cheapest automatic one is the cabigrow, and it says that it has an app to follow the procedure.
I am not used to buying online but is the only the only way due that I haven´t seen any place next to me that sells any automatic growing cabinet,
Does anyone has experience with this product or a similar one? Do you guys have find any cheaper one?
Thank you guys for your time!
Welcome to the farm you’ve come to the right place. My buddy uses a roommate and he seems to like it, the only gripe he has is space. I think his cabinet is under 4 feet total then you have to take away the space needed for the res underneath and the light up top so he’s got maybe 30” of growing space. The other setback is cost, he spent a couple grand for that thing. I’ve built 3 setups for less than the cost of his cabinet. In my opinion a tent or a dedicated room is the way to go.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

5 x 5 tent is an excellent choice provided you have the room. Those small cabinets don't give you much yield, and to get the most out of them, you'll probably want clones ... boom, you just expanded and you're barely getting started.

Many new grower mistakes are made by attempting to do too much. "So and so" said to add this and that to the soil." Please don't do that. You'll end up with a toxic mess. Instead, as @GNick55 said, keep it simple. I would use a 2 or 3 part nutrient plan.

I'd also use this method for watering: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/ It's my new favorite post to reference. It takes all the guess work out of the watering process.

Here's the thing about growing cannabis ... you can have all the book knowledge the world has to offer, and while that knowledge is helpful, experience will be the best teacher. It's your experience that shows you when and how to apply that knowledge you read in the books. They do go hand in hand, but practice is how you get good at growing buds.

jobush

jobush

I have room for more space, but i was not expecting to plant more, if you tell me that it is normal to think that before planting and you end up having way more plants, I´ll considere it before buying anything

Treecutter

Treecutter

For pain I would say a hybrid indica dominant plant. Most the dispensary have websites description of the strains you might want to grow. Leafly is a nice place to research strains for medical use.

On grow size, its all dependent on you. As these guys said you may get hooked and want to grow more. Or after you harvested your bud you may want to use your equipment for growing an indoor garden in your down time. I started out big and ended up like a bear chasing a butter fly with 4 more tents, an entire room and 11 lights.

I do use mine to get a jump start on all my veggies.

Not sure about the legality where your at but clones are a good option for keeping it simple if there available.

Hope something in that helps.
Great to see your interested in giving it a go.
Stay well

growsince79

growsince79

Welcome aboard.
The easiest way I know is cocoloco or ffof and happy frog dry amendments. You just have to feed about 3 or 4 times top dress and water as needed. A 100w light can grow lots of meds.
As far as pain, I guess it depends on the type and severity of the pain. If the pain only stops when you sleep, choose an indica. If you just want something to take the edge off while you work or go about daily activities get a mid grade sativa.
I'm pretty experienced in pain.

growsince79

growsince79

Welcome aboard.
The easiest way I know is cocoloco or ffof and happy frog dry amendments. You just have to feed about 3 or 4 times top dress and water as needed. A 100w light can grow lots of meds.
As far as pain, I guess it depends on the type and severity of the pain. If the pain only stops when you sleep, choose an indica. If you just want something to take the edge off while you work or go about daily activities get a mid grade sativa.
I'm pretty experienced in pain.
I will add this. If you have an extra half bath with a fart fan all you need is a 100w light to get started. If not consider buying tents and fans.

Top Bottom