First time indoor grow any tips

• Thread starter Fuzzynippz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

Hello every one just new here and new to indoor growing

so let me start off by saying I have a 3x3 grow tent and 400 w led light I’m going to have 3 plants in it and I might be swinging for the fences here but I would like 5 oz or more per plant any tips would be great

growsince79

growsince79

so let me start off by saying I have a 3x3 grow tent and 400 w led light I’m going to have 3 plants in it and I might be swinging for the fences here but I would like 5 oz or more per plant any tips would be great
You need a good light. You need a strain that makes very dense buds. Veg 28-30 days from sprout, top twice, transplant once, and scrog.

growsince79

growsince79

Do you have a pic or link to check out that light. Is it 400 real watts? Or do they lie and call it 400w when its really not?

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Scrog is a net suspended above your canopy to get more even growth and higher yields.
Some people around here have been having good results growing in Coco coir/Perlite mixes. It drains well enough that you never really have to worry about over-watering.

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

E90F37B4 2381 42A8 86E0 E963E5322CB5
E90F37B4 2381 42A8 86E0 E963E5322CB5
0C4EA58E C8CC 4E71 93D3 C05DF87C4072
0C4EA58E C8CC 4E71 93D3 C05DF87C4072

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

Scrog is a net suspended above your canopy to get more even growth and higher yields.
Some people around here have been having good results growing in Coco coir/Perlite mixes. It drains well enough that you never really have to worry about over-watering.
Right now I have a miracle grow soil and peat moss was thinking a 75 to 25 ratio

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

so like I said befor I’m a total new indoor grower i was looking at some info on the light I got and what I was told to be a 400 watt led turns out it’s 2000 watt led is this still going to be ok in a 3x3 tent?

growsince79

growsince79

so like I said befor I’m a total new indoor grower i was looking at some info on the light I got and what I was told to be a 400 watt led turns out it’s 2000 watt led is this still going to be ok in a 3x3 tent?
Its not 2000.
Specification
  • Model: AGL-2000W-C02.
  • Avg. Power Draw: 408watt.
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V.
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz.
  • LED Type: 90 LEDs + 4 COBs.
  • Dimensions: 16.54*16.54*2.17 inches.
  • Item Weight: 12.79 lbs.
  • Lifespan: 50,000 hours
Probably wont make more than 1oz/sqft. If you want 2oz/sqft you need a better light.

quirk

quirk

Just by replacing the MG and peat moss with HF and perlite, you've increased your yield. How hard was that?

Fuzzynippz

Fuzzynippz

Its not 2000.
Specification
  • Model: AGL-2000W-C02.
  • Avg. Power Draw: 408watt.
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V.
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz.
  • LED Type: 90 LEDs + 4 COBs.
  • Dimensions: 16.54*16.54*2.17 inches.
  • Item Weight: 12.79 lbs.
  • Lifespan: 50,000 hours
Probably wont make more than 1oz/sqft. If you want 2oz/sqft you need a better light.
So ur saying it’s fine to run in my tent then But I should upgrade it when I can?

logdog

logdog

I don't have any personal experience with your light but it seems like its enough to grow some nice buds in a 3x3. In my opinion the biggest factors affecting yield are genetics and plant health, if your plants are sick you are going to be backing off whatever light you have. Are some of the more expensive lights better? Of course they are they are the spectrums are designed better and they disperse the light more evenly, maybe penetrate a little deeper, better components, etc I run Mars Hydros which are far from the top of the line but enough to grow some nice stuff. That being said my advice to people starting out is lock down your environment avoid big temp and humidity swings, keep root zone ph in the proper range, keep your lights at a reasonable distance and don't throw the kitchen sink at them with nutrients and additives there is a lot of snake oil out there and a hundred people who swear they work miracles everything you dump in there is something you potentially have to flush out so go easy ( i speak from bitter experience here). If you keep your girls happy and healthy Ill bet your going to be pleased at the end. Good luck with your grow I think your on the right track

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

You’ll have to get a bigger light mate..o was using a burpke 600 watt led light in 4 plants and then someone put me onto ,I’m not sure of the exact ,but it turns out that the 600 watt led was lucky to be putting 50 or 60 watts to the plants ..so ended up paying a bit extra for a full spectrum 1000 watt light -phizon new 2020 ,1000 watt full spectrum with dimmer switch-grow light and wow mate ..1of my plants flew ,one was going along ok and the other 2,I done a side by side ..well the other 2were slow and small..so now I’ve got rid of the burple 600 altogether and put 2of those 1000 watts up and alm 4 are now flourishing,well they were till last week ,I’ve had to do a little flush to get rid of nutrients,but it’s all good..I’m a 1st timer too ,so what I’m saying is not gospel ..just what’s happened with me .your light maybe full soecalready,if so ,I would say you’re already 1up ..but you should check the wattage that gets to your plants ..I think it’s around 30 to 40 watts from the 600 watt..about 50 to 60 for the 1000 watt light and so on and also a seasoned grower told me that each plant needs at least 30 to 40 watts..it’s something along those line ,but you should read into it.I hope you do well .peace out ✌️Ps check my feeds ,you’ll see my pics and the difference,I only wish I’d started a diary,you should defo do that too.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

My first real successful grow right now is coming to the last couple weeks now . I got rid of my burple and am using a spider farmer 2000. I’m pretty happy how my plant has turned out. Did have 4 but 3 of them wouldn’t flower and I thought they were male so ripped them out . I can post a pic so you can see

Top Bottom