First time indoor grower; Need help diagnosing this

• Thread starter floatingthruitall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

Hello all. First time growing, I'm about 1 month into flowering and I noticed yesterday these brown spots on one of the plants out of three that I am growing. My guesses are nutrient burn, cal-mag deficiency, or mites. I'm thinking it's either the nute burn or cal-mag mainly because I haven't seen much if any affect to the two plants in the same tent. I'm growing two blackberry kush and one mango kush. The coloration is only noticeable on the topmost growth. Should I stop using nutrients for awhile? I have some cal-mag arriving tonight. I have been alternating between water flush and nutrients based on the dakine 420 prescribed nutrient schedule. I also added some molasses to the most recent water flush. I guess it could also be a pH problem. Any advice greatly appreciated, also, do you think the buds with adjacent browning leaves will be salvageable? It's a shame too, because it was the most vigorous of the three plants so far and still looks super health besides this recent development. Some of the lower leaves on this same plant have been shriveling as well, but I assumed it was a light issue and have been pruning them away as I notice any decrease in health. Thanks! The first picture shows the discoloration, the latter two are just a picture of the whole grow space.

First time indoor grower need help diagnosing this
First time indoor grower need help diagnosing this 2
First time indoor grower need help diagnosing this 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Since no one responded I'll try to help but I want to say right off that I don't grow organic I don't know anything about organic and I usually don't get involved in organic threads for the aforementioned reasons; with that said it looks like a potassium deficiency possibly from a lock out
Screenshot 20201211 044548 Google

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

yeah man check ur ph this shit is happening to me is ph related issue probably it got high at ph 7-7.5 Ca+PO4 form calcium phosfate and both get unvaiable

lower ur ph and also try to add some humic sostance or organic sostance dunno in english the traslation things like compost, peat to help the lowering

do a slurry test a runoff test check ur ph pen

floatingthruitall

floatingthruitall

Is it reasonable that a lockout issue would occur with the largest plant with the most soil? I would have thought the larger plant would be the last one affected in this instance. I have two other plants showing little to no effect on the same diet and both are slightly smaller plants

Pagliuzz

Pagliuzz

well yes but no.
the bigger the plant the greater the nutrient uptake so big plant will show those deficit sooner BUT will be the least affected for the great number of fan leaves the plant che last even a month before diying

this deficit will spread up top, the fan leaves will die but slowly
check ur ph is for sure a lockout since u are using organic non bottled nutes

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is it reasonable that a lockout issue would occur with the largest plant with the most soil? I would have thought the larger plant would be the last one affected in this instance. I have two other plants showing little to no effect on the same diet and both are slightly smaller plants
I don't think lockout gives a shit about the size of the plant or quantity of soil. It's about the state the soil nutrients are in, due to the pH and the relative levels of nutrients present.

If the nutrient is in a chemical form unavailable to plants, no plant can get it, even though it's there.

Different strains have different nutrient needs. Some have higher demands at certain stages of growth — usually within two or three weeks of when you flip to flower.

Top Bottom