First Time Indoor Grower Problems

• Thread starter pullwnz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pullwnz

pullwnz

Hi All!

I am a first time indoor grower. I prefer outdoor but trying something new because why not during a pandemic.
I have 6 plants so far but recently they have been drooping more often. I know it's an "over watering" issue. But not sure if its myself over watering, them not getting drainage, air circulation, etc. Just looking for any and all advice from those who have been doing this for a while and have experienced these common issues. I already had to let one go due to this issue so trying to fix it before it takes out more.

Thank you so much!

Desert_Flower

Desert_Flower

How's it going man... Those little plants in those big bags are only going to require a tiny bit of water until they get a little bigger. It's not even a drainage issue with this point. How much are you watering them? Good rule of thumb, is to water enough for two days. When you go to water again it will be just ready. Not bone dry. Increase a little as they get bigger and let the plant tell you how much it wants. 4 indoor generally start them in a solo cup and then move to a 3 gallon or 4 gallon bag/pot.

pullwnz

pullwnz

How's it going man... Those little plants in those big bags are only going to require a tiny bit of water until they get a little bigger. It's not even a drainage issue with this point. How much are you watering them? Good rule of thumb, is to water enough for two days. When you go to water again it will be just ready. Not bone dry. Increase a little as they get bigger and let the plant tell you how much it wants. 4 indoor generally start them in a solo cup and then move to a 3 gallon or 4 gallon bag/pot.

Hi! I watering them every couple days back in early/mid-August. I just sprinkle some room temp. water over and around them so it sinks to the roots. I haven't been doing any exact measurements with the water, mainly eyeballing and putting my finger in the soil to gage the moisture of the soil. Just the past couple weeks, they have been drooping on and off. I tried to "stress train" them as in not water them for about three days. But that seem to make them droop even more so I went back to watering every 2 days and not much has changed. I started them in solo cups for the first 2-3 weeks on a windowsill (before i got a tent) and they started to stretch a lot so I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots. They were doing great up until a week or two ago :/

pullwnz

pullwnz

Hi again! After a few days of trying to dry them out by lowering my lights and keeping heat in, they are still quite droopy. The soil is quite dry actually and not sure why they haven't perked up yet. I did raise them onto boxes after these pics were taken so there is more room for air flow and drainage. Any other advice or steps I should take? I might replant them in different cloth pots because these pots might be too thick and constricting.

IMG 0975
IMG 0976
IMG 0977
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
They look under watered to me. By not fully saturating the media the roots aren’t able to expand and grow toward the moisture. So if you’re not watering completely, that’s probably your issue. The soil needs to be fully saturated to prevent any dry pockets in your media.
when was the last time you watered? How much water each plant? Source of water ie. tap/RO? What’s the pH of water you’re watering with?

pullwnz

pullwnz

They look under watered to me. By not fully saturating the media the roots aren’t able to expand and grow toward the moisture. So if you’re not watering completely, that’s probably your issue. The soil needs to be fully saturated to prevent any dry pockets in your media.
when was the last time you watered? How much water each plant? Source of water ie. tap/RO? What’s the pH of water you’re watering with?
Interesting! I thought the water was seeping down the bottom and just sitting there instead of evaporating/draining. So I stopped watering to dry it out. I don't water much at a time. Probably a couple tablespoons. Definitely nothing more than a quarter cup. I'm using tap and let it sit to the room temperature of the tent. I haven't measured pH yet. Waiting on my meters to come in.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Interesting! I thought the water was seeping down the bottom and just sitting there instead of evaporating/draining. So I stopped watering to dry it out. I don't water much at a time. Probably a couple tablespoons. Definitely nothing more than a quarter cup. I'm using tap and let it sit to the room temperature of the tent. I haven't measured pH yet. Waiting on my meters to come in.
There’s your problem. A couple teaspoons?! Really? If I were you I’d check out some of our grow journals. At this stage they should be getting at least a liter. U should also be watering probably every 3-4 days at this point. I’d start giving em more water and see if they bounce back. Soil should be watered with water pH 6.2-6.5. I’ll see if I can find my video of me watering.

pullwnz

pullwnz

There’s your problem. A couple teaspoons?! Really? If I were you I’d check out some of our grow journals. At this stage they should be getting at least a liter. U should also be watering probably every 3-4 days at this point. I’d start giving em more water and see if they bounce back. Soil should be watered with water pH 6.2-6.5. I’ll see if I can find my video of me watering.
Oh man, really? I was always told to just sprinkle some around the plant so it seeps down to the roots. I was trying to avoid overwatering because all of them at this stage are drooping like that. My small ones, I haven't watered in some days and they are doing well and their soil is still quite damp when I stick my finger in. I was watering about every other day or every 3 days when this problem occurred.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Oh man, really? I was always told to just sprinkle some around the plant so it seeps down to the roots. I was trying to avoid overwatering because all of them at this stage are drooping like that. My small ones, I haven't watered in some days and they are doing well and their soil is still quite damp when I stick my finger in. I was watering about every other day or every 3 days when this problem occurred.
Experiment brotha. Water a little more each watering. See if they bounce back. Good luck and happy
Grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom