First time indoor, newbie to this forum, grow tent set up.

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

Hey everyone!
I am Shawn, live in San Diego, this will be the first indoor grow for me ever. There's a lot of stuff I am researching, but just not sure about it all yet, I will line up some thoughts and if you care to reply, I would be super happy to hear from you.

1. Is quality of grow tent important? These are the ones I've narrowed it down to, but not sold on one of these or outside options? Quicktent, Apollo, Growlabs, Secret Jardin, HTG. Looking at something close to 4x3, maybe 4x2 if nobody makes 4x3, 4x4 possibly?

2. Exausting inside my house rather than outside due to neighbors parking right there. Plan was to run this inside bedroom #2 and run the exhaust into the open hallway to the house. Bad idea? I don't have to worry about anyone inside.

3. Inline fan noise? Is Vortex the only choice (their new plastic model) or can I consider others? Cloudline T6?

4. Phresh charcoal heads and tails better than others or am I just being sold the Brand here?

5. LED lights seem like the way I want to go, don't want to worry about fire with HPS or MH lights. This category is all over the place with suggestions. I've been looking at (1) QB 260 W REDSPEC NIEMI, or (2) HG QB 96's, or (2) HLG QB 288 V2, (1) Apollo 600W?

6. Grow medium. I was leaning towards soil. But not set on a brand of ready made, and recently saw coco set up and wondered if I will have less chance of insects or something if I use coco? Not really sure what a coco set up is versus soil, I thought coco was an amendment. I'd be open to using something other than soil but don't really want to go hydro.

7. Do I buy a KIT or is it better to piece it all together instead?

Thank you for your help. I love hearing your opinions, these are better than any review I can read about something.

P

Polcatz89

Following...check out my thread if yad like...this was my first grow in almost 10years...new tent...new space..i went alot more budget bound...sorta cheaped out and bought amazon l.e.d...but im super impressed compared to previouslygrowing w hps and having to deal w the heat and this things super bright...

stp

stp

So if you cheaped out, how did you exhaust and get fresh air into the space? I am a nut, so when I get into something, I will never be happy with the intro level stuff. For example: I was 40 years old and had never tried coffee. Decided to try it, loved it, and in less than a year I had read every book on roasting coffee, bought a roaster, and now roast my own coffee. So, I considered getting some simple kit and doing it, but I have a partner who said he'd help pay if we share and I've known him all my life, he grows outdoors but it's a pain in his ass and I would be helping us both if I did it. So I am now considering a new brand I just researched and it's a Yield Labs 48" x 36" x 80" two-in-one so it has a side I can do a clone/veg/mother plant maybe. That would only leave me 3' x 3' grow space, I am hoping I can do two plants in that space.

Leaning towards good light and good exhaust fan/filter. Just don't have any good way to vent where I rent.

Not sure if I will have to deal with cooling or de/humidifiying the room here in SD.
If I need to run two inline fans, one to suck and one to bring fresh air in?
Thank you for your tips, I checked out your photos, did not see any talk or chat, is there?

basscaptain

basscaptain

if your running this in a spare bedroom........ why vent at all??? in SD you don't need to worry about all that bs unless you want to go co2 and etc....

P

Polcatz89

I spent a cpl bucks on venting but my space is in a basement so it just vents the tent into the rest of the basement...

P

Polcatz89

My inline fan is suoer stromg industrial fan a buddy of mine that works in a favtory actually built, i ducted it to the tent and ran a split duct from veg room to flower room and added a valve so i can pull from one room or the other... you can literally watch the tent wanna implode on itself if i dont open one of the vents😂😂 butttt in turn is always circulating fresh cool air....one fan does the trick for me...for both spaces...my bloom room is also a 3x3...currently w 2 plants.. my perpetual is set up for 4...

stp

stp

My inline fan is suoer stromg industrial fan a buddy of mine that works in a favtory actually built, i ducted it to the tent and ran a split duct from veg room to flower room and added a valve so i can pull from one room or the other... you can literally watch the tent wanna implode on itself if i dont open one of the vents😂😂 butttt in turn is always circulating fresh cool air....one fan does the trick for me...for both spaces...my bloom room is also a 3x3...currently w 2 plants.. my perpetual is set up for 4...
SO you just remove air and don't use a source to force fresh back into the tents?

basscaptain

basscaptain

Leave the vents open in the tent and just ran a fan to move the air....

put your Drivers for your lights outside the tent....

If your out in lakeside and etc... come summer F..K It still roll with what you got but add a hum/swap cooler :)

Come on Bro it's SD Make it EASY......................................................

Reactions: stp
basscaptain

basscaptain

your going to need/want 2/3 tents by the time your done though......... after reading your coffee deal.... :)
that way you have
seeds/clones
veg
flower

:) I have 2 of these's and there 2x2x4 I like the one your looking at also

basscaptain

basscaptain

Now if the smell is what your worried about, then you need to do something....

stp

stp

Leave the vents open in the tent and just ran a fan to move the air....

put your Drivers for your lights outside the tent....

If your out in lakeside and etc... come summer F..K It still roll with what you got but add a hum/swap cooler :)

Come on Bro it's SD Make it EASY......................................................
wasn't sure about the heat generation and did not want to be one of those guys watching his house burn on the news while I am at work...I am not out East anymore....moved closer to beach, its 70 degrees here right now 55% RH....I am also somewhat concerned with overall smell, that was another reason I was considering inline fan/charcoal. But I get the keeping it simple and I really wanted to just do that. Thanks for the info!

basscaptain

basscaptain

I just start with lights and leds,, I got a few BUT I'll let someone with some time with them post that.. ( I may post what I have )..... I do know Whatever Lights you go with.... 315 cmh or Led Get a unit/set up with the driver where you can move it .........

also your in SD so you have this smell around you also... If your in a apt... try venting to your bathroom if possible....

basscaptain

basscaptain

since Mars Jumped in:)

stp

stp

Although you don't put our products to your consider list, I still want to recommend our TSW2000 and 100x100x180cm tent for you.
Thank you for the reply, I wish you had Samsung Drivers...that's worth paying more to me, but the tent looks nice, for another dig on why I am going with someone else, their outler layer is thicker than yours but it's not gorilla thick. Thank you for the help.

stp

stp

since Mars Jumped in:)
Thank you, while those look nice, my experience with Alibaba has been troublesome. I prefer to spend more money for access to help and warranty issues, and shipping back or any other reason to China is a long trek and more of a test of faith I'd rather just deal with someone closer to me. Those look bitchen. Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom