First time living soil grower

• Thread starter WakeAndBacon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

some knf guys are saying they've seen spray damage like this, which tracks a bit with onset of issue

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Every plant we have grown has freaky looking leaves at first. Does a balloon come out of the package fully inflated? Leaves don't either.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i use cocoloco in my organic grow. im doing great with it.

i use 2/3 cocoloco (a coco based soil) and 1/3 supersoil.

when i do living soil i use the coco too and have had nice success.

the only issues i have had at all are of my own making with the lights. i tend to keep them at the top of the edge on light, so i burn the leaves occasionally, but no issues with any nutrient or feeding causes.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
when you have nutrient burn you get a leaf that looks splotchy, i dont see that here.

did you harden them?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i use cocoloco in my organic grow. im doing great with it.

i use 2/3 cocoloco (a coco based soil) and 1/3 supersoil.

when i do living soil i use the coco too and have had nice success.

the only issues i have had at all are of my own making with the lights. i tend to keep them at the top of the edge on light, so i burn the leaves occasionally, but no issues with any nutrient or feeding causes.
I've never liked mixing liquid nutes with soil. It just seems wrong to me. Plus you are making the soil hot by doing that.
I've seen soiless mixes, and those are great for using liquid mixes.

I spent a year learning about LEDs and light in general. Look up Dr. Bruce Bugbee on YouTube. The man has a lab to play with.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i am water only... the only thing i do is try to leave the water sitting for 24 hours, but i dont always do that right, but i do have a 55 gal aquarium i steal water from too.

i dont ph i dont ro i dont do anything but play around with how close i can get the girls to "that line" with light and environment.

like this one, i am a bit over the line, see the wrinkly look to the leaf? but i am not really hurting or slowing her and i track it all. i acquire data and run analysis on it.

If I keep pushing the light I need to get CO2

I remember when we first came up with the light emitting diode... Heck, I can tell you stories of trials with things like garnet... Lol, I remember the breakthrough when we put an air bubble in a rock and called it a 1.

20210712 085407

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I check pH once a week just to make sure nothings wrong. It's almost a wasted exercise because the plants will tell me long before the pH does.
We filter our water. There was something in it that I could not keep the pH stable until I began filtering. Since then we just filter our water. That's it. No pH adjustment or anything.

I remember when Tandy first came out with diodes. Nah, I'm not old. *limping off to get another bowl*

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i worked a lot in R&D (im an EE), it was a fun time! i was on a team that predated the final solution to storage on a rock (a cd) - think about it, we blew an air bubble into a hunk of rock and detected it! that is a 1! no bubble a zero, and the ability to alter it with precision and speed. we put a message on the big rock and sent it from cali to ny and they read the message! we had made a thing that could be disconnected from power and "the machine" and maintain its memory!

when i started it was tubes and bimags.

i have had a fun life! i was the only (not really, but anywhere near by) woman in the field back then. there wasnt even a ladies room! lol and look at me now! im a farmer!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i worked a lot in R&D (im an EE), it was a fun time! i was on a team that predated the final solution to storage on a rock (a cd) - think about it, we blew an air bubble into a hunk of rock and detected it! that is a 1! no bubble a zero, and the ability to alter it with precision and speed. we put a message on the big rock and sent it from cali to ny and they read the message! we had made a thing that could be disconnected from power and "the machine" and maintain its memory!

when i started it was tubes and bimags.

i have had a fun life! i was the only (not really, but anywhere near by) woman in the field back then. there wasnt even a ladies room! lol and look at me now! im a farmer!
My old man was GM of NCR Detroit at the time. I'd get out of school and walk across the street and hang in the CI-MEG lab. We had a blast. I learned to solder there.
I'm still waiting on optical storage. We already know how....

WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon

when you have nutrient burn you get a leaf that looks splotchy, i dont see that here.

did you harden them?
what you mean harden them? the clones came from some breeder i kept them in my grow tent until soil was ready for them

Top Bottom