First Time Micro Grow - Bagseed /Rubbermaid Grow

• Thread starter dbahsee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

dbahsee: Your set up looks pretty nice man. Ill see if I can try to help you with a few of your questions...

1. I dont think anyone will be able to tell you what specific strain you have...We may be able to tell you if they lean towards the Sativa or Indica side of things, but thats about as far as we can get.

2. I noticed you said something in the first page or so about having your lights on 12/12 already...If thats so, you should change it to 18(on)/6(off) or 20/4 to keep the plants in vegetative phase longer and prevent them from flowering so young. This will also allow them to form more budsites for a more productive/heavy harvest

3. Your plants lower leaves could be yellowing for several reasons... It could be too hot and suffering from heat stress, but Im not sure of your exact temps. I think it is more likely a problem in terms of nutrient availability. Im not sure how old these seedlings are, but your soil sounds like it is a pretty bare mix. You may need to add some fertilizer that is high in N(nitrogen)at 1/2 or 1/4 strength to give these babies their first feeding. If I am wrong and your current soil mix has available nutrients, it could easily be a pH problem since you say you are using tapwater.... Plants can only take in needed nutrients if the medium and water they are given are the correct pH range (I use @ 6.8 for soil, @5.8 for Coco)... If you have a pH meter I would make sure that your water falls somewhere near 6.8 since you are in soil. A pH pen is an absolutely invaluable tool for a grow and will prevent many many problems in just about any grow. Making sure to water/feed at the correct pH was one of the best things I ever learned about growin early on.

Aside from that, your grow does look nice. Take Hererisssh's advice: Patience, practice and don't overwater!

Keep it green man!
:cool

D

dbahsee

Well gents I msut say I was really annoyed with my sequence on that firat grow that I have started a whole new one and it is coming along so far its only been about 5 days so far and ive already had tem germed and planted in soil , 3 of them in the front are purp seeds and the others behind them are some regular bagseeds i had around my house. Ive made a vidoe of waht they are looking like at day 4 / 5 of the grow process

Let me know what you guys think please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s65L8F4g4U

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Right then, I checked out your vid and have a couple of thoughts for you.

Even with the second tub stacked on top like that you will have a hard time controlling these plants if you let them veg to the top of the first box. Start 12-12 very early, basically after they are able to be fertilized (2 or 3 multiple finger leaf sets). Unless these are known indica in origin, I wouldn't mess around. Low to mid grade commercial are almost always at least sativa hybrid around here and those babies grow.

Now numbers. It's not bad to start that many plants but you have to keep them very small (early flower) to do it in that space.

With respect to your lighting, it appears fine if not slightly high still. Your plants are babies and will not take off until their roots take hold. Once they establish a reasonable root mass they'll pump lots of energy in to vegetative leaf growth. Be patient and don't over water. Give them a couple of weeks.

D

dbahsee

Ok Ill be careful with the watering. So me thinking of putting them to 18 on/6 off with the lights is a good idea or go right now with the 12/12
I guess my impatience to just see something grow is getting the best of me lol since i see soo many good looking results on here

Im confused about one thing though, isnt the 12/12 cycle for flowering(budding stage) and all others are for veg stage? so if i was to apply the 12/12 now at this small a state wouldnt that be bad not doubting your espertise or anything but thats what i was doing with my last grow and nothing seemed ot be happening even after a month and a half the plants stayed the same height if you see on my postings prior to the new grow.
So they normally stay at that small size and then take off after they have established a massive amount of roots ? im gonna update the video channel every 5 days so keep me up to par homie please Id reallllly apprecaite it :sweating

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd keep them on 18/6 until the have a couple of small leaf sets then turn to 12/12 for flowering.

Not a massive amount roots but a mass as in a growth.

D

dbahsee

Temps Issues - Need Help

Right now where I live the temps outside are in the 40F and should be going up this weekend to the 50F, My grow box is in my garage and it stays pretty cold in there , So when i go look at the temps on my box it shows 16.4c which in trun is about 61.52 F. And correct me if wrng this is bad correct? Ok so im thinking of using a smaller fan that circulates the air in the box itself would that help it all to raise mty temps, or should i jsut turn off the fam all together and jsut let the heat from the lights take care of the issue? cus as they are right now they are still just short of a month of life and they leaves are getting all scrawnny looking. Please any suggestions would be really appreciated

Top Bottom