First Time Micro Grow - Bagseed /Rubbermaid Grow

• Thread starter dbahsee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dbahsee

Im not even sure , I got them from some bagseed i had , not any spectacular trees or anything. But for practice purposes i went with these crappy ones. Is there a way to tell what type they are? they are still kind of small

D

dbahsee

Here is the addition of my lights i basically doubled them up and also lowered the light fixture with the help of some heavy metal wire used for picture frames to get them closer to the plants. I hope that wasnt a bad thing ? and also the adding of lights I hope wont be affecting them adversely ?

As for the type I dont know what they are But i have attempted to take a halfway decent pic of them up close for someone to possibly tell me what they think the strain may be .... I hope this is a good pic

I dont know if any of u notice but for some reason there are a bunch of small holes in the dirst , Im wondering if i should add a lil more dirt on top to cover thsoe holes ?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
We won't be able to tell the strain. We won't even be able to tell genus without more growth. I wouldn't bother filling in the holes, you can if you want but it's not a big deal. They look health thus far, just slow. Be patient and don't over water.

C

CannyMcCannabis

Looks pretty god man:dance

I've got something similar going a couple weeks behind you so I'll be watching this one to see what I'm going to run into lol. Keep up the good work, and more lights will never adversely affect the plants as long as you maintain temps:yes

D

dbahsee

See you learn something new all the time = Its true when people say that

I learned how to take better plant pics by reading a post made on your forum thread Hererisssh -
Wasnt aware that macro was for use to take pics of I guess smaller items and watnot. SO big ups to you homie and here are some really good pics of my babies now.

I do have one thing to ask . are the smaller plant leaves supposed to be turning yellow like that and do they burn away or something in the growth process ?? And do these images show any signs of type of strain they are ??

If you notice this guy right here (white plastic stick)has been in direct sunlight from the beginning and stayed outside a week more then all the others which were also started outside in direct sunlight (end of september starting october) and it seems pretty healthy to me no signs of stress.
Notice the one potter witht eh dead baby plant in it . Well i messed around and peeled away the dam small yellow leaf on it and it basically ripped away all the stripping on the stalk and it broke in half
I can be wrong of course , But if you guys see any stress on any of thsee guys let me know so i can notice the signs

Im gonna try and grab the second plant in the back and put it int he container mentioned earlier with the dead plant i messed up ... you guys think that will work or what should i just leave it as is for now ?

C

cornelius808

Looks great bro good luck on it. ill be watching i tried a mini grow before and failed...

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Glad it helped bro. I've learned loads from forums over the years myself.

Those cotyledons (small, first leaves) are probably just showing the distress the plants suffered earlier. Don't sweat it. Once a leaf suffers damage from stress it doesn't recover. The plant focuses it's efforts on new growth instead. That said, the new growth looks good.

Keep them watered but not drenched and you'll do well. It's hard to tell but they look a little dry The plant that was outside was getting more favorable conditions than the others saw. Again, seedlings are very fragile.

Breathe :hi

D

dbahsee

I also lowered the lights to about 2 1/2 - 3 inches away ?? is that ok ?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
For CFL's it's perfect, just make sure they're being vented properly.

D

dbahsee

Weel its been about a week since my last post about these lil fuckers lol, and I think my temps in the box were way to high cus I was averaging temps at 29c and 30.5 c at times , It was soo warm in there that I found a large brown recluse spider in the box the day before. Not to metion the way the plants were turning out, all their lower leaves were turning yellow and it seemd like they were drying up fast, but when i gave them some water they started to get a lil nicer looking. I was watering every 2 days but now i think im gonna go back to a lil bit each day. The dirt gets dry really fast when i did it every 2 days
Can someone possible tell me what i may be doing wrong since they are turning yellow like that ?? Could it be the dirt or lack or too much of something I suspect it was heat issues but again i can be wrong

Should I seperate these 2 guys cus i think the larger one is soaking up all the water I give them , Is that even possible ?

Now as for the heat situation I made a mad dash to the local wal mart in search of a better fan cus the lil one i had before to me felt as if it wasnt doing the proper vetilation in the box (IF you look at the previous pictures youll see the 7 inch fan i had) Now ive got this marvel of a fan it covers a wider area and is a lot more silent as well .

Now witht he lights going and this new fan im getting temps in the 25c range i feel a whlie lot better. as well to get the air flowing i added an extra exhaust fan and it really kicked up the passive intake air flow.

So I hope this will help the situationa dn bring these guys back from their horrible place. I also re attached the lights tot he top of the cabinet cus i felt they were way to close and buring the plants in some way . maybe i am wrong . if i am let me know and also tell me waht you think of the changes or anything i can do to further this project along .

D

dbahsee

What Am I Doing Wrong - Need Help !!

I am totally lsot as to what to do at this point it seems like the plants are dying or something , can anyone look at my post and let me know what im doing wrong?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
It's either your still watering too much or that soil is too strong for these babies. Do you live in the US? Got any hydro stores or plant nurseries around your area?

D

dbahsee

yeah im in atlanta georgia, so u think i should change my dirt .... to what type though i thought what i got was the basic dirt nothing too strong let me kwo waht i need and ill go out and ge tit asap

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I would go to a hydro store and get Fox Farms Ocean Forest and some Promix (or any other neutral peat based product) from a nursery, cut it 50/50, gently remove the soil around the roots of these plants and repot them.

Still looks like overwatering. Have you let the soil really dry up?

D

dbahsee

well not really they tend to be dry really quciklya dnt the plants look all dehydrated which perompts me to give them water , how many times a week would u water if they were yours

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Watering is only as needed. I have some seedlings I just started and I've watered them 2 times since they came up 10 days ago. Of course my soil, ventilation, temperature and humidity all factor in to how long it takes before they need to be watered.

Plants who's leaves are too heavy with water droop too. It's hard to say for certain because your temperatures are still high, especially for seedlings. I'd still say you should transplant them in to a more predictable soil like the ones I mentioned before if you want predictable results.

These are bagseed? Anything you have more of? Starting over at this stage is no big deal either.

D

dbahsee

do u know a good equivilant i can get cus ive been searching for a hydro store and the closest one is like 80 miles away, so im wondering what else i can get from my lcoa ace hardware Page Ranking homedepot i havea list of items ace has on sale can u let me know if anything is close or a match to what i need

besides that im suing a dirt grow are these products u mention for soil

Latest posts

Top Bottom