First time personal grower in trouble

• Thread starter Jojo8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jojo8

Jojo8

I was in a saver moped accident and my chest is half metal. Really would love to grow my own medicine. But
First time personal grower in trouble
First time personal grower in trouble 2
My seedlings all keep drooping and i dont know what I'm doing wrong. Somebody please help.

Jojo8

Jojo8

Sunlight
Wet to really wet
And very warm between 65 and 75.
Tody

ru knuts

ru knuts

Not very wet at all. Almost dry before you water it. Also the bigger pots are hard to guage how much water the plant is actually receiving. That's why the previous poster suggested Solo cups, (with drain holes).

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What growing medium are you using... just regular dirt? I would suggest getting a medium that doesn't hold as much water. Regular dirt doesn't seem to work well unless it is fortified or built up a little. If the soil is too wet, the roots can't get the oxygen that they need to grow and thrive. If the roots can't flourish, especially at the beginning, the plant won't grow much.
I use Promix, which holds just the right amount of water. If you are having trouble, I would recommend somethin like Promix since it is very forgiving and unlikely to have problems unless you overfeed things. Promix is treated to keep the Ph near 7, so lockouts aren't likely. Sunlight is great, but you will need a lot of it to get a decent plant. Plants grown in anything but full sun don't grow as well.

Jojo8

Jojo8

What growing medium are you using... just regular dirt? I would suggest getting a medium that doesn't hold as much water. Regular dirt doesn't seem to work well unless it is fortified or built up a little. If the soil is too wet, the roots can't get the oxygen that they need to grow and thrive. If the roots can't flourish, especially at the beginning, the plant won't grow much.
I use Promix, which holds just the right amount of water. If you are having trouble, I would recommend somethin like Promix since it is very forgiving and unlikely to have problems unless you overfeed things. Promix is treated to keep the Ph near 7, so lockouts aren't likely. Sunlight is great, but you will need a lot of it to get a decent plant. Plants grown in anything but full sun don't grow as well.
I'm using burpbee with cocoa mix especially for seedlings

ru knuts

ru knuts

How wet should i keep them

I think your going to struggle with that large of a pot with that small of a plant. I understand about wanting to start in it's forever home, but you'll have much better success starting with small containers and working your way up as the roots fill each successive container.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just have to tell you promix is set at 6.3 ph.

visajoe1

visajoe1

throw that burpee away or use it with something else. it has coco, and if you dont know how to grow in that you will experience what you are currently. get some soil, fox farms happy frog is good one to start in, and use a solo cup with 4 holes in the bottom. feel the weight of the drier soil after you fill the cup.

when you water it, drench it. let the water run through the bottom of cup. then dont water again until the cup is light like when you put soil in it. Should be nearly a week the first time.

Jojo8

Jojo8

throw that burpee away or use it with something else. it has coco, and if you dont know how to grow in that you will experience what you are currently. get some soil, fox farms happy frog is good one to start in, and use a solo cup with 4 holes in the bottom. feel the weight of the drier soil after you fill the cup.

when you water it, drench it. let the water run through the bottom of cup. then dont water again until the cup is light like when you put soil in it. Should be nearly a week the first time.
Thank you

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Just have to tell you promix is set at 6.3 ph.
Thanks for the info. The last time I checked the Ph it was a tad under 7, but that was after dosing it with some wood ashes which can bump up the Ph. I would imagine there is some variation in their QC as well since the amount of lime has a direct effect on the Ph. They seem to do a good job for the most part, but I have heard stories about wide Ph swings. But then again, I hear stories about bigfoot being seen behind Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, too.
Thanks for the info!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the info. The last time I checked the Ph it was a tad under 7, but that was after dosing it with some wood ashes which can bump up the Ph. I would imagine there is some variation in their QC as well since the amount of lime has a direct effect on the Ph. They seem to do a good job for the most part, but I have heard stories about wide Ph swings. But then again, I hear stories about bigfoot being seen behind Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, too.
Thanks for the info!

I read on their website to check ph before planting to ensure it is not over limed. Sometimes clumps get through the screen apparently.

Mine was 4.0 off the bale but 6.3 after a week. Used unadjusted tap water like they reccomend the first week. The calcium keeps ph up while the lime activates. Their learning center has tons of info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom