First time rdwc..need help pls

• Thread starter Marijanecoop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marijanecoop

Marijanecoop

Hi this is my first time in a current system. Its a 32dbxl from underr current. Its a 8 lights ( 4 x 1000w DE cooled tube) and ( 4 x fluence spydrx led.)

Plants have 3 weeks veg whit uc nutrients. The clones were taken from a reveg plant.

I fucked up i think because i was reading schedule for coco and not rdwc. Big difference in ppm inwas giving 800 ppm.

When i illuminated i started messing whit barrels ppm and ph i even put too much ph down and went to 4.5 ph
For about a hour before i see it and drain half the system and put back the water to 6.2ph and 500ppm 0.8 ec.

I also fucked up whit water levels i let the water level at 2 inch over the net. It created a l saturation of the root crown.

Can someone help me whit some tips. My new growth start to be light in colour.

I have water from a pond that a pass in tall boy filters but it is not white white water...has a 70 ppm in it.

Need to know what im doing wrong. Water levels, ppm...

Water is at 68 degree
Room temp at 75 degree
Co2 at 650
Rh at 60-70

This is my firt thread. I grow soil for 10 years. And i now twisted to half in coco and half in rwc. And im having issues in both.

First time rdwcneed help pls
First time rdwcneed help pls 2
First time rdwcneed help pls 3
First time rdwcneed help pls 4
First time rdwcneed help pls 5
First time rdwcneed help pls 6
First time rdwcneed help pls 7
First time rdwcneed help pls 8
First time rdwcneed help pls 9
First time rdwcneed help pls 10
First time rdwcneed help pls 11
First time rdwcneed help pls 12
First time rdwcneed help pls 13
First time rdwcneed help pls 14
First time rdwcneed help pls 15
First time rdwcneed help pls 16
First time rdwcneed help pls 17
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Temps look good but the leaves are folding so I would look at leaf temps with an IR temp gun. Usually that a sign of heat/light stress.

The other would be bugs such as russet mites. I hate to even bring that up but your conditions look good and with leaves folding/curling/twisting its a real possibility.

Roots look great.

Marijanecoop

Marijanecoop

Temps look good but the leaves are folding so I would look at leaf temps with an IR temp gun. Usually that a sign of heat/light stress.

The other would be bugs such as russet mites. I hate to even bring that up but your conditions look good and with leaves folding/curling/twisting its a real possibility.

Roots look great.
Thanks bro loved the info.
Im going to look on that because it is 2 things i did not calculate.

For the heat the ones under the leds spydrx look up up. But the one under the air cooled DE look always down...tried to bring down the reflectiectors closer to plant as they were higher...because i had them higher at start...but doesnt seem to bring better results as they stayed down.

I treated 2 times whit bug b gons but i will look on the russel mites you mentioned. Try to buy a loop...

Thanks mate first experience in a forum..usually i talk to myself haha
Love the interaction 1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bro loved the info.
Im going to look on that because it is 2 things i did not calculate.

For the heat the ones under the leds spydrx look up up. But the one under the air cooled DE look always down...tried to bring down the reflectiectors closer to plant as they were higher...because i had them higher at start...but doesnt seem to bring better results as they stayed down.

I treated 2 times whit bug b gons but i will look on the russel mites you mentioned. Try to buy a loop...

Thanks mate first experience in a forum..usually i talk to myself haha
Love the interaction 1
Welcome to the farm. Good peeps here and plenty of help.

Marijanecoop

Marijanecoop

My ph pen was 1 ph off i used another one i had some hanna combo thing...showed 5.0ph inst3d of 6.0 for the other pen.

Calibrated both and got 5.0ph.

I drained 60% of my system and put fresh water and ph was 6.3...didnt want to put ph down so i let it like that.. whit 0.7 ec

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My ph pen was 1 ph off i used another one i had some hanna combo thing...showed 5.0ph inst3d of 6.0 for the other pen.

Calibrated both and got 5.0ph.

I drained 60% of my system and put fresh water and ph was 6.3...didnt want to put ph down so i let it like that.. whit 0.7 ec
In hydro I like to stay between 5.6-6.0

Marijanecoop

Marijanecoop

You think this shocked the plant?

The roots seem to have new white growth...does it mean that the more yellow roots are dying?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You think this shocked the plant?

The roots seem to have new white growth...does it mean that the more yellow roots are dying?
New white growth is exactly what you want bro yellowing could just be staining but maybe infection. If ita not turning slime then they are good

MedicalOnly

MedicalOnly

Old thread but curious on how you like the under current system? Thinking about that instead of organic soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom