First time Scrog. Need advice on whether to trim some of my canopy fan leaves.

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

Hello all. First time grower here. Overall I think my plants look good. I’m growing Black Domina x Scotts OG. I’m doing a sCrog and I’ve noticed there are so many fan leaves. I’ve been doing a good job of tucking the away from future grow sites but it just seems like there are so many of them. Any advice will help. I mean they are growing exponentially every week but looking for some advice. Thanks!

First time scrog  need advice on whether to trim some of my canopy fan leaves
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Oh ya. I would open them up. How old are the plants. What training methods did you use before the net?
You can’t scrog without plucking leaves.
everything under the net on my girls eventually goes bye bye.

Mr.G

Zunk99

Zunk99

Oh ya. I would open them up. How old are the plants. What training methods did you use before the net?
You can’t scrog without plucking leaves.
everything under the net on my girls eventually goes bye bye.

Mr.G
They are almost 7 weeks from germing. I have been trimming underneath and topping them but that’s about it. I wanted to LST but the stalks grew in so thick I was worried about breaking the stems. I will get to work on clearing out some of the leaves on the canopy. Do you suggest I just start with anything I’ve been tucking away?

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Nice efficient setup there. Just get in mind some plants might stretch up during flower alot ( till 3-4 into week of flower ~ ). Some people heavy defoliate, some does less... it’s all personal matter or experience there. I get to think I sacrifice some lower bud site for greater good but then big top fan leave for greater good of the lower bud site to get more light and get an more even canopy! Just don’t rip off the plant , it might still make it but recovery a little more stressful!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That’s a long veg to be where you are. plants needed to be opened up and stretched out weeks ago unfortunately.
how much room do you have above the plants?
I would pull the net and flip the switch to 12/12. If there was space. If not. I would do Heavy defoliation and try to stretch them out some more.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
That’s a long veg to be where you are. plants needed to be opened up and stretched out weeks ago unfortunately.
how much room do you have above the plants?
I would pull the net and flip the switch to 12/12. If there was space. If not. I would do Heavy defoliation and try to stretch them out some more.
Yeah need some more picture!

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
They are almost 7 weeks from germing. I have been trimming underneath and topping them but that’s about it. I wanted to LST but the stalks grew in so thick I was worried about breaking the stems. I will get to work on clearing out some of the leaves on the canopy. Do you suggest I just start with anything I’ve been tucking away?
More picture ? Does the leaves look curly ?

Zunk99

Zunk99

More picture ? Does the leaves look curly ?
I don’t see any curling that isn’t what I’ve seen from this strain in other peoples photos. If I switch to flower now do you recommend I still trim off the fan leaves?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I would ditch the scrog. The plants will be happier.
for a first time grow? I wouldn’t recommend this approach as it requires proper pruning/ defoliation, and low stress training to achieve results.
5gal pots? Pro mix?

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
I would ditch the scrog. The plants will be happier.
for a first time grow? I wouldn’t recommend this approach as it requires proper pruning/ defoliation, and low stress training to achieve results.
5gal pots? Pro mix?
Depending, maybe the net later will be helpful to support

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ditch meaning. Not trash. Just yoink from grow for now.

Zunk99

Zunk99

So I was wrong they are 5 weeks going on 6. They are 7 gallon pots with Fox farm ocean and all Fox farms nuts. Watering with spring water. I will pull the net tonight.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Sorry just the net curling the leaves , and yeah, it will regrow newer and include new bud site, some people completely strip off till the head , that’s my current
Thanks for the photo. Indefinitely didn’t train them when they were this young. I will try next time around. You guys are awesome.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ahh. Ok. Not so bad for 35-40 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom