First time Scrog. Need advice on whether to trim some of my canopy fan leaves.

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Keep your net. See it out. Given the age of the plants and the pot size.
open them up. Don’t be afraid of removing fan leaves. You can’t scrog if your afraid to pluck.
Start any the bottom. Work your way up.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
So should I still flip them or wait another week?
I would heavy defoliate, your in veg, it’s very less risky, would try and take much of the space and get even head, leave them a 2-3 day and probably switch to flower, you may have to defoliate into flower too again

Zunk99

Zunk99

Keep your net. See it out. Given the age of the plants and the pot size.
open them up. Don’t be afraid of removing fan leaves. You can’t scrog if your afraid to pluck.
Start any the bottom. Work your way up.
Sounds good. I will update you guys next week. Gonna do some trimming tonight.

Zunk99

Zunk99

So I did a heavy exfoliate. Felt like Inwas killing my babies with how much I cut off but once I got in there I quickly realized how much needed to go. I bent them as much as I could but the stalks are just so damn thick. I’m gonna keep the net for another week or so just to keep down what I could then flip them. Next time will 100% be on top of bending the branches out. Think I also started topping them to late. Oh well you live and learn!

84569BB1 87EB 4DEC A6A4 DA23FECBC877
Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Good plan. Stretch those branches out as much as possible.
That’s some good a nice even canopy there !
Also my net sucks. Where can I get a net for a 4x4 tent.
strech your net a little more, when its slack, just shorten where it attach. For bending the branches more heavy, do it by increments if your afraid, you would wonder how much it can bend, and even if you hurt the fiber a bit, its gonna grow back if its in good health ( thats some hard stress training to literally break it) but for sure you did great work as it give them more airflow underneath. Your gonna be surprised how fast it goes back. but yes, im still on a learning curve with every grow

Zunk99

Zunk99

Yea I could tell it will be quick because the new growth sites looked like bundles of leaves just ready to shoot up. Nice beautiful citrus smell also. Can’t wait to see the final product. I’m so thankful for your guys help and sure am glad I joined here.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Good work. Yes, plucking leaves can be scary for new growers. It will grow so much better now.
what is your sf4000 set at? Height
Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
How big is your grow area and how much do you expect to yield from that?
Same as yours. In that photo. 4x4 over sf4000
1.73 pounds. From that scrog. I was unhappy.
took it too late into spring and the heat caused hermies late in flower. Would have been much better.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Same as yours. In that photo. 4x4 over sf4000
1.73 pounds. From that scrog. I was unhappy.
took it too late into spring and the heat caused hermies late in flower. Would have been much better.
What is your main training level to produce yields?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The sf4000 will keep node spacing super tight.
too tight for scrog at the beginning.
gotta let them stretch. Little.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m not complaining about tight nodes tho😂

Zunk99

Zunk99

I’m not complaining about tight nodes tho😂
Haha yea. I have the LS3000 and once I switched to that these girls shot up. Even from last nights trims I woke up and couldn’t believe how much they grew. I figured they would be shocked for a day or so. So far so happy.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Today is exactly 35 days of my plants in veg. With my tent being 6-7ft and having them in 7 gallon pots should I veg longer? Planned on flipping them this weekend. I will upload updates photos since my trimming. Canopy is filling out my smother I guess you could say. Overall they seem happy.

GREENSOURCE

GREENSOURCE

Today is exactly 35 days of my plants in veg. With my tent being 6-7ft and having them in 7 gallon pots should I veg longer? Planned on flipping them this weekend. I will upload updates photos since my trimming. Canopy is filling out my smother I guess you could say. Overall they seem happy.
Flip

Top Bottom