First time Scrog. Need advice on whether to trim some of my canopy fan leaves.

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Flip for sure. Check my signature for a good example of what happens when you veg too long and those bitches grow legs.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Alright. Since they were so bushy and my Scrog attempt failed I just decided to do my best with what I had. Upon further inspection. The plants were still all bushy and clumped together. Cut off between 3rd and 1st node on major branches after watching a detailed video of a respectable guy and his techniques. Here’s to hoping it all works out for my first grow. Flipping to flower.

4FFC3776 BA76 40A8 8EA5 460795A45E4C
Zunk99

Zunk99

Alright. Since they were so bushy and my Scrog attempt failed I just decided to do my best with what I had. Upon further inspection. The plants were still all bushy and clumped together. Cut off between 3rd and 1st node on major branches after watching a detailed video of a respectable guy and his techniques.

A293F150 CD34 4487 A855 9B5380034308
Zunk99

Zunk99

Sorry didn’t mean to share twice. Didn’t see the first one posted to wrote the second.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Hey guys. So I have an oscillating fan for below my canopy and it’s a stand up one. Whats a good oscillating fan I can hand on one of my tent poles to get air coming from the top also. Been looking but can’t seem to find anything that looks like it will work on a 90 degree angle where my tent poles are.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The scrog needs to be installed lower than the top of the canopy so branches can be pulled down underneath and spread out. Your net is waasay too high imo.

My current 1 plant scrog in a 3x3.
I vegged for 60 days.

20210212 180309
20210212 161933

Needs a cleanup bad this week but I like my solar panels intact until buds start to form. Then I can take a good objective look at the plant and see what is going to be garbage and needs to go

Zunk99

Zunk99

The scrog needs to be installed lower than the top of the canopy so branches can be pulled down underneath and spread out. Your net is waasay too high imo.

My current 1 plant scrog in a 3x3.
I vegged for 60 days.

View attachment 1091450View attachment 1091452

Needs a cleanup bad this week but I like my solar panels intact until buds start to form. Then I can take a good objective look at the plant and see what is going to be garbage and needs to go
Yea I messed up by not training at a younger veg. The net is just there to guide some of the branches through when they stretch and space them out. Just flipped to flower. Next batch I’m going to be training from way early on and hope to achieve my goal.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
And be careful with that defol man, looks like you took a lot that had full sun. Don't forget that's how your girls make their living...or so to speak. 👍

Zunk99

Zunk99

And be careful with that defol man, looks like you took a lot that had full sun. Don't forget that's how your girls make their living...or so to speak. 👍
Ya I watched this video and I left a little more than the guy recommend and already two days later the canopy is completely full and all my fan leaves have double to tripled in size already.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hey z. I would have waited another week to flip, but all good.
you could move The net down an inch or 2 to keep them spread out.
now that you flipped the plant will stretch out, for the next couple weeks you can tuck flowering stretch into gaps in the grid.
You can mount fans in tents, with a little engineering. I built mine from PVC, left over from irrigation construction. Like 10$ in parts.

growsince79

growsince79

I would have flipped a few days or a week ago and not defoliated anything except a few suckers at the bottom. They would have been awesome now and would likely produce a better relative yield.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You wanna fill a scrog right. You have to fill at least 75% of the grid before flip.
that’s my experience. To each their own. ✌️

growsince79

growsince79

You wanna fill a scrog right. You have to fill at least 75% of the grid before flip.
that’s my experience. To each their own. ✌
Depends on strains and technique. I'm growing some now that grow 10 feet after flip. But in general, more plants vegged shorter time makes better relative yield. That scrog would be fill now if it was flipped a week or two ago and not butchered.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Hey z. I would have waited another week to flip, but all good.
you could move The net down an inch or 2 to keep them spread out.
now that you flipped the plant will stretch out, for the next couple weeks you can tuck flowering stretch into gaps in the grid.
You can mount fans in tents, with a little engineering. I built mine from PVC, left over from irrigation construction. Like 10$ in parts.
Yea I lowered the net and weaved the branches to gaps and kept the canopy even.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
His plants weren’t even 6 weeks from germ.
obviously made some mistakes early to not prepare for scrog growth properly.
plants look healthy regardless. Lessons learned for next time I imagine.

Zunk99

Zunk99

that’s my experience. To each their own. ✌
The Scrog failed. Branches were so thick and I haven’t did the massage method to feel comfortable doing it. I did experiment on a few branches that were close to each other and so far it worked out. They were 5 weeks veg and 1-2 weeks on top of that from seed. Forgot the exact date I germinated.

growsince79

growsince79

His plants weren’t even 6 weeks from germ.
obviously made some mistakes early to not prepare for scrog growth properly.
plants look healthy regardless. Lessons learned for next time I imagine.
I flip about 4 weeks from sprout for best relative yield. For experiments and having fun two weeks from sprout.

Latest posts

Top Bottom