First time Scrog. Need advice on whether to trim some of my canopy fan leaves.

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

Depends on strains and technique. I'm growing some now that grow 10 feet after flip. But in general, more plants vegged shorter time makes better relative yield. That scrog would be fill now if it was flipped a week or two ago and not butchered.
Yea the Scrog I didn’t prepare right. Those branches were growing pretty much up since I did not train them. Tried to tie a few around but ended up breaking fibers on the beach to main stalk. Since this is my first grow I just repaired it and moved onto my next option. Living and learning and I’ve already learned a ton from this thread alone. AppreciTe all the feedback.

Zunk99

Zunk99

I flip about 4 weeks from sprout for best relative yield. For experiments and having fun two weeks from sprout.
I honestly almost cloned like 12 branches. I have a starter tent and was gonna flip them fast and lollipop but decided to just focus on these.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
What strain are you growing that you veg for 4 weeks and stretches 10ft?? 😂
Not possible.

growsince79

growsince79

I honestly almost cloned like 12 branches. I have a starter tent and was gonna flip them fast and lollipop but decided to just focus on these.
I'm not gonna lie and tell you how good they look. I think you made a big mistake by not flipping sooner and by butchering them. You could have been 6-7 weeks from harvesting 4oz each. Now idk if you will get that in 10 weeks.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
outdoor. Not a scrog.
and not 4 weeks veg. I’ve heard enuf. ✌Back under the bridge with you.

growsince79

growsince79

outdoor. Not a scrog.
and not 4 weeks veg. I’ve heard enuf. ✌
Oh it does it indoors as well. I think I'm on day 58 now. Had to throw the originals away already and still trying to flower clones. I might have to clone again.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Glad you got one of those 15ft gorilla tents I bet. 😂

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Quick to comment. Never to share. Always good for a laugh. Thanks 79. 😂

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Yup. Photos of 15ft plants. 😂
Troll.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm not gonna lie and tell you how good they look. I think you made a big mistake by not flipping sooner and by butchering them. You could have been 6-7 weeks from harvesting 4oz each. Now idk if you will get that in 10 weeks.
We don't always agree on things but when you're right your right 👍

Zunk99

Zunk99

Looking for some advice since I see so many mixed comments. Is it safe to cut away lower fan leaves that start to die off during flower? These girls are taking off and don’t want to jeopardize anything. The girls are already super bushy again but it’s mostly all getting sunlight from my trim job or butcher job as some have said.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Looking for some advice since I see so many mixed comments. Is it safe to cut away lower fan leaves that start to die off during flower? These girls are taking off and don’t want to jeopardize anything. The girls are already super bushy again but it’s mostly all getting sunlight from my trim job or butcher job as some have said.
Yeah and I remove all the fans pointed at the inssde of the plant to give the side branching on the main stems more light 👍

Anything pointed away from the plant in full sun stays

Latest posts

Top Bottom