First time seedling! Hurrah but growing sideways?

• Thread starter Xsoldiercloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xsoldiercloud

Hey all! First time growing and this is my very first seedling!! Cracked from Siberian auto seed.

Sitting in my 4x4 tent with 600 HPS veg light turned up to 75% power sitting 25 inches away from the top of the solo cup.

I put my seed with a taproot in 60% coco loco 40% ocean floor with a little extra worm casings and it sprouted my first seedling ever in about 9 hours of being under the light. It's growing fast! But I noticed it's got a slight lean to the right. I rotated the cup today but here is the pic of it before rotating. Light is directly above so it's slightly confusing that it's going sideways. I'm looking to put another 4-5 plants in with this one so I'd like it to stay in it's lane. What could be happening? Should I lower the light? Raise the light some more? Lower power raise power? I'm keeping the temp at 78. Having a bit of a low humidity problem and have been spraying the walls to raise humidity to 65% doesn't last I just got a little humidifier delivered so I'm hoping that helps with that. I was thinking maybe she's thirsty and leaning towards the wall with the most moisture? That's my other question can I fully water the solo cup? I poked a bunch of drainage holes at the bottom. Should I add water until i start to get runoff now? I've been misting with a spray bottle and poured only a little bit of water into the cup this morning. Didn't get any runoff yet.
First time seedling hurrah but growing sideways
First time seedling hurrah but growing sideways 2
First time seedling hurrah but growing sideways 3
First time seedling hurrah but growing sideways 4
First time seedling hurrah but growing sideways 5

indogrow420

indogrow420

Heyy nice setup, probably normal,, the seedling looks healthy . If you ever watched a cannabis grow timelapse video the seedlings circle around

X

Xsoldiercloud

Heyy nice setup, probably normal,, the seedling looks healthy . If you ever watched a cannabis grow timelapse video the seedlings circle around
Thank you! Just got a humidifier from Amazon. Now I got my humidity up to 65%. When do I start watering the solo cup until runoff? Should I start doing that when the medium looks dry next time?

indogrow420

indogrow420

Should I add water until i start to get runoff now?
Not a pro but I like to try and help with the very few knowledge I have under the belt lol
Not sure since you are in a 40% coco mix but as a soil grower, when I water I fully saturate the medium with a little runoff and then let it dry before watering again.
read somewhere that its not good to let coco dry but no sure about that with a coco mix, some coco Pros will chime in

adding little water to keep it moist is kind of over watering and not a good practice

X

Xsoldiercloud

Not a pro but I like to try and help with the very few knowledge I have under the belt lol
Not sure since you are in a 40% coco mix but as a soil grower, when I water I fully saturate the medium with a little runoff and then let it dry before watering again. adding little water to keep it moist is kind of over watering and not a good practice
I read that coco coir is supposed to be amazing at draining and it's almost impossible to overwater with it. That makes me think I can probably proceed in the same way you water. Do it until a little runoff and leave it alone until its ready for another watering. I'll wait till more peeps chime in. I'm sure there's other coco users out there hehe.

X

Xsoldiercloud

Woke up this morning first time the light shut itself off with the humidifier also turned off at the same time. The seedling leaves were curled. Looks like there was about an 8 degree temperature swing in the tent went from 78 to approximately 70 this morning. The fans did their job keeping humidity at about 60% for the short 5 hours the light and humidifier were off.

Noticed the leaves were curled in this morning. Is this because of the cold or is the plant thirsty? Soil felt a tad dry. Moisture meter reads about 3/10 that's about where dry turns into moist on the meter. Turned the light back on about 40 mins earlier than scheduled in case it the was the cold? Also watered until runoff. Won't water again for at least 2-3 days
PXL 20220713 124046607

Top Bottom