First time soil grower (miracle grow) seeking advice

• Thread starter Ghost47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ghost47

Ghost47

I'm super new to all this I started using organic soil miracle grow performance organics in a black bag well I'm now in the 3rd week of flower and I havnt been able to add any nutes without burning I think the soil was too hot so far I've got white pistels poping out at each node I'm scared to add any bloom fertalizer in fear I'll burn it again so I thought about using molasses as an alternative I just started using big bloom and it seems to be handling that okay now but so far it's only been fed by the soil can I keep going without feeding or do I need to add something to get my buds to fatten up as it progresses

First time soil grower miracle grow seeking advice
thehighguy

thehighguy

whats the strain? and whats your ph? this can be a common problem when using organics combined with other nutrients. if your soil is "living" then it breaks down organic matter into essential nutrients, kinda like a slow release system. this makes it impossible to flush organics BTW. if this is the case it will have sufficient base nutrients. just add a bloom booster at 1/4-1/2 strength and increase it slowly. im not familiar with the soil but you might also need a supplement for cal-mag, like a foliar spray or bottle nutrient.

molasses would boost the mag and sulfur

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm super new to all this I started using organic soil miracle grow performance organics in a black bag well I'm now in the 3rd week of flower and I havnt been able to add any nutes without burning I think the soil was too hot so far I've got white pistels poping out at each node I'm scared to add any bloom fertalizer in fear I'll burn it again so I thought about using molasses as an alternative I just started using big bloom and it seems to be handling that okay now but so far it's only been fed by the soil can I keep going without feeding or do I need to add something to get my buds to fatten up as it progresses
Bloom nutes are a hippie myth you don't have to feed it anything now, and when you do I'd recommend you feed it balanced nutrition like 4-4-4 or something along that line, good luck

Ghost47

Ghost47

The ph has been around 7.00 and the strain is total random lol I saved all my good top shelf seeds and just picked a few this was the only 1 to germ successfully and so far I've been using about 10ml of ff big bloom per gallon of water for about 1 week now and it seems to be doing fine the growth was slow for a while when it hits the flower stage but it seems to be speeding back up but litterly from day 1 I have not been able to add anything at all without burning oh and I have 3 seedlings growing rn I used core for all these. I've got 2 that are doing fine they are about 3 weeks old but I have 1 that is 4 weeks old and its starting to show signs of yellowing on the very 1st node at the bottom of the plant and the leaves on top are a lime green but the leaves in the middle are normal dark green I'm thinking it's gotta be a nitrogen deficiency but I'm not 100% sure I'll post pics when I get off work

Ghost47

Ghost47

The only thing I do know about this strain is it's and indica

quantum.board

quantum.board

throw them away. Start with new seeds. Get autopots and forget watering by hands

Ghost47

Ghost47

Well the new seedlings I have I know all the genetics I've got 1 that is Rainbow Haze and the other 2 are Purple Punch the only 1 that was a random seed was my big plant that's in flower rn

Ghost47

Ghost47

When I planted in soil I practically had to do nothing but this core is a whole different ball game lol like I said I'm still new to all this it's a side hobby and really all I'm trying to do is just get some personal smoke outta it I think they need nitrogen because they seem very lime green

Ghost47

Ghost47

Well it's been about a week now and it seems to have bounced back I'd say after that first day or 2 it stopped burning I'm glad u told me to leached the soil because if I hadn't I think we would be having a different conversation right now lol although the leafs havnt perked back up, the pistils are starting to grow back and all my buds are slowly getting fatter I'll post a few pics

Latest posts

Top Bottom