First time trying to make seeds

• Thread starter Clearbluesky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Ok this is my first time doing this because I wanted a high THC strain. Here's what I did I took silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate and put on my Jedi glue plant and got a few seeds from her, but I saved some of the pollen for my death star plant and just pollinated her yesterday, so now I should have Jedi death star feminized seeds if my pollen works, didn't have very much of it. But used little brush to place it on the white hairs so now it's the waiting game to see if I get my seeds hopefully.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Another question I have is I only had like a match head amount of pollen to use, you think that would of been enough to pollinate my death star plant. I started this project back in August so I have a lot of time invested in this little project, probably won't do it again because I lost a lot of Bud's I could of grown in this amount of time doing this.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

This is the plant I pollinated couple days ago, it's a death star plant, that I put feminized Jedi glue on. Hope it works.

Screenshot 20220221 053251
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's picture of pistols before pollen and two pictures after pollen two days later, so I hope it took.

Screenshot 20220221 123117
Screenshot 20220221 124350
Screenshot 20220221 124427
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Well I don't think my pollen worked, because no pistols turned colors. So I guess I will try again next winter, but the plant has 6 more weeks until harvest maybe I will get lucky and have a seed fall out, if it does will use it for a mother plant.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Well I don't think my pollen worked, because no pistols turned colors. So I guess I will try again next winter, but the plant has 6 more weeks until harvest maybe I will get lucky and have a seed fall out, if it does will use it for a mother plant.
Dont give up hope, at least some of it probably worked. I can see some of those pistils look pollinated.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

From all I read it said the pistols would change colors and they didn't, so I just assumed it didn't take, but I sure hope you are right because I will have over 1/2 year in this project when over. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

From all I read it said the pistols would change colors and they didn't, so I just assumed it didn't take, but I sure hope you are right because I will have over 1/2 year in this project when over. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.
In my experience Ive seen both a change to orange pistils within 5 days as well as just the tips looking burnt/shrivelled up. I do think some worked but how were you storing your pollen?

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

In a glass vile with rice inside and outside of vile was wrapped with aluminum foil to keep light out stored and refrigerator for 2 and 1/2 months.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

In a glass vile with rice inside and outside of vile was wrapped with aluminum foil to keep light out stored and refrigerator for 2 and 1/2 months.
Yeah that should have worked well enough, assuming things were dry, that I forsee seeds in your future.

Ive used pollen that was stored in a freezer, shipped to me over a week, then refrozen, then defrosted and used. It wasnt a huge amount of seeds but easily 40 to 60 viable per plant (small autoflowers) and I had similar shrivelled pistil tips instead of orange in that case. Wait a few weeks and you may spot some fat calyxes among the thiner ones as the seeds swell.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Ok thank you for your input, I have big plans for this cross. Thank you very much, now I have hope in it. Thanks again and happy growing.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Also here's full picture of my girl, having the Jedi glue crossed with her should be a cannabis plant in the 30+ THC levels. She has a very sweet smell.

Screenshot 20220224 065924
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's my update on seeds, I got 5 seeds, one might not sprout but it is hard. But I have Jedi death star strain now, so I will start one this fall for my indoor grow, and take two clones and use one with silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate to get pollen to pollinate the other clone to get more feminized seeds.

Screenshot 20220413 065210
Top Bottom