First time trying to root clones

• Thread starter BlackDahlia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Howdy,

My first time trying to root clones here,
The two smaller stemmed clones were taken 7 days ago, the other 8 were taken 6 days ago.

Cut at 45, clonex, root riot, ph'd water to 6.5, humidity between 70-95 since the beginning, misting dome and cube when top is dry, i did soak the cubes in a mild mix of recharge. They're on 18/6 like their mothers, no heat mat but the room stays between 72 and 82. Two of them are probably not gonna make it but they looked funny from the jump so it was expected, i did notice some of the leaves have started to turn dark brown or black, i think that means they were watered too much.

Should i keep doing what im doing?

One of the photos is from a few days prior when i had them in solo cups before i got more trays.

First time trying to root clones
First time trying to root clones 2
First time trying to root clones 3
Madbud

Madbud

I use clear plastic bottles as domes to increase humidity. Until roots develop thats the source of water.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

I use clear plastic bottles as domes to increase humidity. Until roots develop thats the source of water.
I do have a dome, its not air tight but i know they're passed the point of needing to be completely sealed. Could the black/brown tips on the few be from too much water? Yellowing comes from them trying to grow which isn't what i want yet from what ive read, just want them to root.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Do these look okay for the amount of time thats passed? I know 6-7 days is early for a first timer

Madbud

Madbud

Ok to me but i hardly ever clone. I like the clear cups to check for roots, good thinking.

DanC520

DanC520

I basically do like you but keep in dome until rooted. I keep moist in there and will put water on cubes if get too dry. I get roots between 6-14 days. Only other difference is my cuts younger. I believe newer nodes have a better chance, but idk for sure. I’d just be patient at this point.

Mall92

Mall92

My clones took around 18 days to establish decent roots from 14 cuttings 13 survived I used clonex humidity around 65 and temp of 23 degrees
Strain purple star dawg

Received 646232216676725
Received 493576565566454
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Temp and humidity are the two most important factors for popper clone survival. There is 100% a sweet zone you want your environ to be. Remember you just hacked off an arm of a plant and you are going to have it grow into a New individual. They are on life support for the first several days.

Here is a resource you could use to up your clone game.

5EB3EA12 D5E3 41F0 AED7 9D5FA15971A2
D1D70FA3 6F11 4027 AA12 B1AA905FB304
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Temp and humidity are the two most important factors for popper clone survival. There is 100% a sweet zone you want your environ to be. Remember you just hacked off an arm of a plant and you are going to have it grow into a New individual. They are on life support for the first several days.

Here is a resource you could use to up your clone game.

Im using those exact totes for mine lol, not completely air tight which is good, ive been letting them breathe without the dome once or twice a day for about 5-10 minutes, letting the cubes get almost dry on top then lightly misting till moist, temps and humidity are great. Only thing is the leaves on a few at the very tips started turning dark brown slightly, that was a few days ago, i had too much water on the cubes i think, now thats stopped spreading, they're still standing up and those leaves are decently perky... are they ok?

Madbud

Madbud

I basically do like you but keep in dome until rooted. I keep moist in there and will put water on cubes if get too dry. I get roots between 6-14 days. Only other difference is my cuts younger. I believe newer nodes have a better chance, but idk for sure. I’d just be patient at this point.
Pinched this off and stuck it in a peat pellet in a puddle of water with a coke bottle dome two weeks ago.
BFF16E13 DE30 4D83 A7C1 594682BE4662
temps never above 20C, hearty little cut

Latest posts

Top Bottom