First time with Coco Coir/Perlite mix

• Thread starter The Rabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Thank you for taking the time to share, Aqua man. This information is most helpful. Yeah, that was what happened: teeny little white bumps started. I didn't realize they would rot later. So, thanks for your advice. Also, on the getting-too-large White Widow, I created a few more inches in the tent by using the original smaller hanging hooks for the California Light Works Solar Extreme 250 LED, hanging it directly off of one of the roof spars. So, it might work with one of the plants.

As for my Critical Purple auto, I threaded some paper clips directly through the cloth pot and have LST'd the plant using twist ties to level the canopy. I think it looks great! for 45 days old.

A for the WW, this is week 16, but I am seeing some frost on the fledgling buds under the hand-held microscope. So, bloom time is coming!

Was thinking of buying some dry bloom food to keep the ladies well fed, too. Currently using Humboldt A&B wet.

CriticalPurpAuto45Days
WW3
WW2
WW
WW
WW2
WW3
CriticalPurpAuto45Days
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Man, these plants are giving me a run for my money!

Apparently, I had an on-going problem with my timer and my two WW plants went back into veg and got too big for the tents. So, I split them up and joined the two 3x3 tents into one 6x3, then scrogged one of the plants through the two nets across the joined tents, under two lights. It looks like a wine vine, as it was so straggly/stretched, but it now has a lot more bud sites closer to the lights. So, I am back to 18/6 and I am going to up the feeding, veg it for another couple of weeks, before going back to bloom at 12/12. Got some nice Hawaiian bloom food when I get to that cycle.

Feel dumb, as that is around 18 weeks of veg, but I ain't giving up on the plants--they work for me. This certainly has been a good learning experience. Hopefully, I have a bigger yield at the end of all of this! The magical payoff!?

The other 'twin' WW plant is outside of the tent in the basement on a 12/12 cycle, almost 6' tall and 4' wide. I have renamed her Kate (Bush).

The critical purp auto is a smaller plant, but budding up nicely. That will be done well before the WW. Smells awesome, too: like green tea and chocolate, just now.

Kate
Mary J
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Slept the plants for another day without light to push them deeper into bloom. Now, I have over 80 promising bud sites on the WW in the 6x3 tent. I might have to up the watering!?

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Critical Purple (auto) is coming along well. I think it will be done in around 3 weeks.

Cp9
Trichomecpjuly8
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Thanks, Aqua Man. The Critical Purp is my first auto and I am a big fan. The speed of the plant's growth, its aroma, size, and moving over from hydro to coco has been great. I am looking forward to focussing on autos in coco for a while.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Pistils ambering up. Just on the edge of clear to cloudy. Looked like I was getting a little nuts burn. So, I gave it a 3 gallon ph'd water flush, just to to reset. Ferting heavy bud/bloom food for one more week. Then, flushing for a few days. Any advice on the last couple of weeks for this critical purple is welcome.

20 07 26 122704
20 07 26 122102
20 07 26 121614
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Around 10 weeks of flower. Triches cloudy, not any ambering yet. Starting to introduce a flush on this CP. Having to support some of the cones. Making sure to pull any withering or withered leaves, as I didn't defoliate this plant.

IMG 20200807 081521
IMG 20200807 081248
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

WW week 11 of flower, although this grow has been waay longer than I wanted as I had 5/6 weeks of revegging prior, due to a cheap timer not working.
*Won't buy a cheap timer again!
Photo: hard to see but this cola is as big as my fist. Never grown anything this size before. So, excited to see what a stronger LED can do! That, and a bigger pot (7 gal smart pot with Coco).
Expect a bigger crop from this one plant compared to the last two combined. Did add a fan blowing a game from the floor to avoid mold. We'll see how that works.
Prepping for the harvest now. Bud trim tray. Lots of amber Mason jars. Boveda packets still to buy.

IMG 20200807 083319
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

great grow bud, thanks for sharing with us. Didn't even notice, I'd go for second net, it's not uncommon to have two, one mid facilitating late veg/ early flower then one for when the flower form and slight stretch. I wouldn't remove anything, pain in the ass ! New net of just let it grow

Looking back over your comments and I had to laugh at myself for how right you are about removing a scrog net, which I did twice during this grow when I separated the two plants out of one one tent. It is a PITA! But, it did help me understand how the plant grows above the scrog and how delicate to be, and how to tape up some cracked stems. LOL.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

When you run outa space you need to do what ya need to do. I cut a full 4x4 down last grow because I was to lazy to try and fight it for 9weeks after having to go away.

Going back over my grow and appreciating your advice, again. I had a helluva wrestle with the WW and now understand when chopping might be better! 😄
I did persevere with the grow and needed that experience to better understand the plant better and my limits. I guess it all comes to lost grow time and having to wait longer for what might be disappointing results.
Cheers for sharing your 'chop or not' note. It is now part of my grow-know!
Thanks for taking the time!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Final flush today.
36 hour sleep tomorrow ... for the plant
Then harvest.
Got the drying spaces figured out.
Got the Mason jars for curing.

Then, the big date:

Man meets plant in inner space!

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

Checked my grow log today and realized I have spent 26 weeks with the WWs. ... And, I am not ever equating patience with results.
The good news is I now have numeric values for my limits.
Never again! LOL.
Having said that, my two WW plants are very different at the finish. One is going to have the biggest cones I have ever grown. The other is going to have the highest number of cones, but they are a lot smaller. I am not going to say bonsai, but I ain't goanna swing them off the back of a truck.

Love the WW. Ain't blaming it on the plant. Grateful that it taught me how little I knew about growing it and how much I have to learn to honor it, because I never want to cut one down.

Funny thing is, the pistils are just starting to turn on the other WW. So, that might be another 3 weeks. Man, i made this commute into a long haul. Education and experience will lighten the next load!

Cheers, too, to the community here from a slow learner!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Around 10 weeks of flower. Triches cloudy, not any ambering yet. Starting to introduce a flush on this CP. Having to support some of the cones. Making sure to pull any withering or withered leaves, as I didn't defoliate this plant.
Wow Rabbit what a beautiful plant what strain is it mate outstanding. Od

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

What size tent and how many do you have ip in it? Looking at full set ups at home depot myself so curious.

Top Bottom