First Timer, Can you help with how close these are to harvest?

• Thread starter dman08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dman08

Hi All,

I think i'm almost nearing the end of my first grow. Loads of mistakes made (as you can see!). But they are still alive..

Can anyone give me a rough estimation of how close these are to harvest?

No amber yet, but dont seem to be swelling anymore, and are drinking less.

3x auto critical jack
1x auto purple kush (that is not so purple)

Thanks!

First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 2
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 3
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 4
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 5
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 6
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 7
First timer can you help with how close these are to harvest 8
Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have trouble seeing trichomes because of a vision issue, just bought this recently for about $7 and can now zoom in on the trichomes better than ever, maybe this will help you too, it worked better than all my other tools and loops

Congratulation on your first row! Again with a vision issue I'm probably not the one to advise you on your plant, but I'm not seeing many amber trics, so you might consider waiting a week and then reassess type="full"]868682[/AT[/ATTACH]

Screenshot 20190502 081325 Chrome
Last edited:
Natureboy43

Natureboy43

You look about a week and a half away from harvest. It looks like you generally stopped flowering over a week ago. Your fan leaves show the winter but the buds look fine.

D

dman08

Thanks, would you recommend giving any nutes now? Or just plain water until haverst?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Thanks, would you recommend giving any nutes now? Or just plain water until haverst?
I agree with nature boy.s week or so.no mites just plain water.i would also remove all the dead and crispy leaves around the nugs.if one of those rots into the bud it could cause mild or rot in your nugs.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What happened to the fan leaves? I know that they often turn yellow or other colors before dying, but they don't usually look burnt like they do. Were they too close to the lights? I wouldn't give any nutes at all this late in flowering. Aside from the fan leaves, the buds look pretty good and could be taken down in a week, although sometimes with Sativa's (kind of what these look like) they prefer to go a little longer than average. I don't have experience with Auto's, so I can't give you any experienced answers.
The purple plants generally show their colors late in flowering as well as when it gets cool/cold during the night period... it seems the colder temps trigger the purple coloring in the affected strains, which might be more difficult now that the days are getting warmer (unless you are in southern hemisphere). Good luck with your grow, it looks pretty decent other than the fan leaves. If you learned from your mistakes, then it was worth it. Keep up the good work!

breedwheel

breedwheel

I have read a few guys say some auto's trichs wont turn amber. Had an amnesia that quit drinking plumping and leaved dried up to the point they were burnt and crisp like your criticals so i harvested it--I think I made the right call it smokes killer. I can't tell from the pics really but I would say your criticals may be ready and the purple has another week or so.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Wow you roasted your fans, just give water and you can chop in a week, congratulations next time go easyer on nutrients. More does not mean bigger and the end result well you know, after you feed observe your plant it should be jacked up a bit but if your leaves are almost vertical a half hour after feeding you gave to much, start low and slowly increase, aclimateing, and when your plants are under the light you want your leaves pointing up to the light not shying away from it, don't feel bad I just burned the leaf tips on a nice crystal candy a very touchy plant so it happens, as you go from here try to listen to your plants with your eyes, if your leaves are burning ask yourself why? If your leaves are fading ask yourself why? Or ask anyone here beacuse that's why we're here in the first place to help.

Natureboy43

Natureboy43

Personally, I would just water. A week or two won’t of nutes would not be much benefit now. Your plants are done growing.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Most likely a ph issue.alot o soil growers will tell u that u don't need a ph pen.sure u can get a crop without one but your plants will always grow better,faster,stronger and healthier with ph within the right perameters. The amount of extra nugs u get from a plant that's been giving nutes at the proper ph will pay for the ph pen you bought in one plant.its worth getting one.dont buy one o the cheap $10/20 ones.find a good one and research some reviews on the model.

D

dman08

Mr Bee hit the nail on the head. I was using a cheap ph meter which seemed to be doing its job up until flowering, then must of just crapped out and I didnt realise until about 2/3 weeks ago. Bought myself a proper ph tester and realised i'd been giving them 6.1/2ish ph for a while.

To be honest though, I've been using plant magic old timers nutes. And been reading some pretty shit stuff about them recently. So I dont think i'm totally to blame, think my nutes are crap. Lots of reports of the leaves dropping with these nutes. Will switch to something else next time. I never fed more then 600ppm though.

They also got a little light burn for a week or so when they were stretching.

Lots of lessons learnt. At least the buds are looking and (smelling) very tasty. Super sticky too :)

Thanks for all your help!

Top Bottom