First timer facing rain and hurricane and no protection. Trichomes clear still. Harvest if?

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KYSEAN

KYSEAN

I know. Want to hang until mid October. So basically I need to stake the branches and when I do, is there anything I should do to support buds. I am mostly worried about surviving heavy rain and effects on my stuff. I am so green at this and was just having some fun.
You can wrap the plants in bird netting. It will hold them in place and let them have the light they need

Jimmie

Jimmie

Sucks. Got cracked by a hurricane last year, then cracked again by one going by way north. Plants are pretty durable, not 125 mph durable though. I’m on eastern Long Island, can see the ocean from my spot I grow. Good luck!

sambapati

sambapati

I hope moshmen doesn’t get hammered too hard! It’s supposed to pack a pretty good wallop for Florida!
Looks now like it will make landfall between Sarasota and Naples about 50 miles south of Mosh. I'm in favor of cutting off some of the tops and immediately start drying them indoors in paper bags, they should get you a stone and you can try the trash can for the middle and bottoms. I lived in Sarasota 50 years ago and we had one bad hurricane Camille, but that was before they paved paradise and put up a parking lot. We're having Typhoon Noru in NE Thailand starting already with heavy rains. The plant is probably saying, "the precipitation in Portugal pelts primarily on the plateau," so don't worry and good luck mon ami.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
My grandmother lives in Sarasota and I have a lot of friends in that area, as well. To all my fellow THC Farmers in the path of the hurricane- many prayers for you folks! Hope you can get to safety! Take clones and save your genetics while ya still can!!

🙏

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Ive had to, or chose to, build emergency roofs with 2x4and tarps at the last minute before. Sounds like thats not an option, but how about an “eazy-up” or pop up roof? Tied down extremely well, it might not survive the storm but might help keep some rain off the girls. You could also wrap wire or netting around the legs if it would help.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Hey, thanks for the responses. It is not the wind I am worried about, just rain. Our winds will only be15-20 ans she is protected well against that, So, just rain and I like the trashcan deal. Rain should last less than 12 hours.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Sucks. Got cracked by a hurricane last year, then cracked again by one going by way north. Plants are pretty durable, not 125 mph durable though. I’m on eastern Long Island, can see the ocean from my spot I grow. Good luck!
We are not forecast to have any significant wind, but we are going to deal with significant rain possibly up to 6 inches. This is my concern, not the wind. I’m trying to come up with ways to keep rain, torrential rain off of my babies until they mature.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Hey rad, don’t panic and don’t chop early ahead of rainy weekend. Rain on buds does not automatically ruin them. Some plants are prone to bud rot no matter how much rain protection they get. Some get wet and you shake them off and they say “thanks” and keep on trucking. If they’ve been rained on and still show no bud rot or powdery mildew, you’ve probably got a mold resistant strain. Your biggest concern should be supporting wet buds that will blow in the wind. Keep your support strings or cables high on your branches and I suspect you’ll be good after the storm. Being in NC you probably know how nice the weather is the first few days after a tropical system moves through in early autumn. Good luck.
That is so true, storms are usually followed by nice weather.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hasn’t gotten to him yet. But it’s on its way!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hasn’t gotten to him yet. But it’s on its way!
ohh i was under the impression the OP was in FL and going to get the brunt of it. I'm on the east coast as well and it's coming in my area tonight at 5-6pm. Our state has already declared a State Emergency. But, thankfully the only thing I have to worry about is electricity getting cut off to the airpump for my girls. I've been meaning to purchase a uinterrupted power supply for it, but that will take some research to see if that is a viable option w/in a reasonable budget first.
Everyone I know around here has harvested their outdoor grows already.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
North Carolina coast I think. Maybe Hatteras. Good luck your own self!

Moshmen

Moshmen

ohh i was under the impression the OP was in FL and going to get the brunt of it. I'm on the east coast as well and it's coming in my area tonight at 5-6pm. Our state has already declared a State Emergency. But, thankfully the only thing I have to worry about is electricity getting cut off to the airpump for my girls. I've been meaning to purchase a uinterrupted power supply for it, but that will take some research to see if that is a viable option w/in a reasonable budget first.
Everyone I know around here has harvested their outdoor grows already.
Just missed us , should be alot weaker for you stay safe - seems awful early to harvest outdoor

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just missed us , should be alot weaker for you stay safe - seems awful early to harvest outdoor
yeah, i thought it would be early, but some peeps might have started inside, idk. Just what I heard from some

glad it missed y'all, for me, i can't wait to see some torrential rain lol. I'm a stare out the window at the rain kind of guy, like I've never seen it. A month or so ago I rememeber asking my neighbor during a storm if he wanted to run around in the rain with me, he said no, maybe it's for the best as I was probably too high to remember how old i am

Moshmen

Moshmen

yeah, i thought it would be early, but some peeps might have started inside, idk. Just what I heard from some

glad it missed y'all, for me, i can't wait to see some torrential rain lol. I'm a stare out the window at the rain kind of guy, like I've never seen it. A month or so ago I rememeber asking my neighbor during a storm if he wanted to run around in the rain with me, he said no, maybe it's for the best as I was probably too high to remember how old i am
I do the same bro had to go ck out the - tide , there’s usually about 4-6’ of water there

A35B5C13 93CA 4A46 AEB3 79FAE4BF65B2
1193FF1A 9833 4957 8393 D7E167B4FB2A
82682B25 27B6 4358 8CD7 13985B08282F
Top Bottom