First-timer, germination/seedling Q’s.

• Thread starter Greenmomma90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmomma90

Greenmomma90

Hello fellow farmers 🌱
Let me start with this... I have been researching and planning my grow for the last couple of months. I am now getting ready to sow my germinated seeds- most likely this evening. I have 5 BEAUTIFUL germinated, feminized white widow seeds. I am sowing them in a tray, in rapid root plugs. I had planned on sowing them 1cm into the plug. (If anyone has a better recommendation for how deep to sow please let ya girl know) also I had planned on keeping the light on 24 hours a day. Originally I had planned on placing the light 10 inches away from my tray of root plugs once they are planted.. but I’ve heard/read mixed opinions on that. How far would you all place the light above the newly planted seeds?
also my plan is to keep the humidity around 60-70%, temperature will be around 75-80, with fans for air movement.
The main thing that I’m undecided on right now is the light placement. Any and all advice/guidance is so greatly appreciated! Please no negative replies.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello fellow farmers 🌱
Let me start with this... I have been researching and planning my grow for the last couple of months. I am now getting ready to sow my germinated seeds- most likely this evening. I have 5 BEAUTIFUL germinated, feminized white widow seeds. I am sowing them in a tray, in rapid root plugs. I had planned on sowing them 1cm into the plug. (If anyone has a better recommendation for how deep to sow please let ya girl know) also I had planned on keeping the light on 24 hours a day. Originally I had planned on placing the light 10 inches away from my tray of root plugs once they are planted.. but I’ve heard/read mixed opinions on that. How far would you all place the light above the newly planted seeds?
also my plan is to keep the humidity around 60-70%, temperature will be around 75-80, with fans for air movement.
The main thing that I’m undecided on right now is the light placement. Any and all advice/guidance is so greatly appreciated! Please no negative replies.
Download light meter by my mobile tools dev for android. Set the light between 5-10k lux for seedlings. 1-2cm sounds good.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That is helpful thank you!!
No problem takes the guess work out.

Clones 5k
Seedings 5-10k
Veg 15-45k
Flower 40-60k maybe a touch higher depending on strain.

Increase 3-5k every few days to a week but plants grow into the light and usually pretty close to making the increases on thier own depending on light source used.

Top Bottom