First timer here, ? Nutrient calculations

• Thread starter DiverDown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Sounds like you are on track...some pictures would be nice...everyone loves pictures.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

The only plant I have in the ground is beautiful!!!, The rest have the burn tip and yellowing, but on the bottom and deep inside.
That may be because the ground drains well and the water and nutrient mixture could run right past the roots and not sit at the roots.

DiverDown

DiverDown

That may be because the ground drains well and the water and nutrient mixture could run right past the roots and not sit at the roots.
That is what I am thinking. I can't put them in the ground except the one that is inconspicuous.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Does the manufacturer provide you with proper dosing data? Without which I’d be worried as it’s a fairly potent mix. At all doubts I usually fall back to using PPM method using an EC meter. Find out what your water EC is, write that down, mix ml/ liter to water and check PPM , I’d feed at 1000ppm to start to see how the plants react. If she sucks it up, keep pushing it to about 2500Ppm and see if she burns if so cut back 750ppm from feed before:
It’s trial and error but I’d suggest you get the manufacturers data as in flower there is no going back brother if u have a mishap. It’s why it’s always recommended that you stick to a single nute program all the way through and make changes from new cuts . Plants can react badly sometimes and mess a grow all up.
I am going back to using the fox farm. I was over feeding. Which is why I was going to switch, too expensive. Now I don't have to, following the instructions this time. I just got really lucky!!!!,

az2000

az2000

I am going back to using the fox farm. I was over feeding. Which is why I was going to switch, too expensive. Now I don't have to, following the instructions this time. I just got really lucky!!!!,

Are you only using the three bottles (Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom)? I just went through the Fox Farm soil schedule using those three. This is it:

Ff trio schedule

I may not have understood correctly. But, you were wanting to boost PK? It looks like there's no reason to do that. In late flower it hits pretty high P using the 3 bottles by themselves.

Using my schedule (with Sea Grow), I finish flower at 1-2-1.8. If I do a "boost" it's in the 1-3-2.5 to 1-4-3 range. The above schedule is already doing that.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
One suggestion I can give you is if you are using powder use a scale and dont use a measuring spoon. A lot more accurate.

Hawaiian

By itself @3g per gal gives you

Hawaii

The big problem is even @ that much you are gonna OD them on P.

By itself @ 2g per gal and using soil it should be ok depending on how much they have ate out of the soil

Hawaii

Take this with a grain of salt as i'm not a soil guy so I don't know the upper limits of P feeds and the availability of it in soil. Someone else would have to chime in on that. I would prob also use epsom salt w/ that as an addition for Mg (magnesium) and S (sulfur).

1g of epsom (this is over the counter stuff from the drug store) per gal will give you:

Hawaii

If you want to strait up replace the foxfarm feeds you are using with the new stuff would have to know exactly what you are using and at what rate if you liked how the foxfarm feeds were doing. Just a heads up that 1 product prob isn't going to replace everything in the foxfarm feeds unless there is other stuff in it (didn't read the label going off the NPK you posted)

Last edited:
DiverDown

DiverDown

Are you only using the three bottles (Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom)? I just went through the Fox Farm soil schedule using those three. This is it:

I may not have understood correctly. But, you were wanting to boost PK? It looks like there's no reason to do that. In late flower it hits pretty high P using the 3 bottles by themselves.

Using my schedule (with Sea Grow), I finish flower at 1-2-1.8. If I do a "boost" it's in the 1-3-2.5 to 1-4-3 range. The above schedule is already doing that.
2DF58F4D 79D1 46E1 852D EFA6C0D62D9B

This is what I use, the 3 fox farm products. I was following the heavy feeding schedule, BUT... I was using tables instead of tsps.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I am trying to understand why you only put the one into the ground? I can't picture you picking the others up to hide or move around? New England... what state? Just curious
yes, posting your pics on the other guy's thread got me confused as shit....I hope I am posting to the person I intended now.

DiverDown

DiverDown

I am trying to understand why you only put the one into the ground? I can't picture you picking the others up to hide or move around? New England... what state? Just curious
yes, posting your pics on the other guy's thread got me confused as shit....I hope I am posting to the person I intended now.
I thought I posted the pics in the right place. I guess not. Geez.... I am taking a chance with the one in the ground. I am in CT. I am not sure I should even be on this site. I don't want to go to jail.
I can disguise one with the flowers, but not all. Did you check the pics? What do you think?

DiverDown

DiverDown

One suggestion I can give you is if you are using powder use a scale and dont use a measuring spoon. A lot more accurate.

Hawaiian

By itself @3g per gal gives you

View attachment 882971

The big problem is even @ that much you are gonna OD them on P.

By itself @ 2g per gal and using soil it should be ok depending on how much they have ate out of the soil

View attachment 882975

Take this with a grain of salt as i'm not a soil guy so I don't know the upper limits of P feeds and the availability of it in soil. Someone else would have to chime in on that. I would prob also use epsom salt w/ that as an addition for Mg (magnesium) and S (sulfur).

1g of epsom (this is over the counter stuff from the drug store) per gal will give you:

View attachment 882979

If you want to strait up replace the foxfarm feeds you are using with the new stuff would have to know exactly what you are using and at what rate if you liked how the foxfarm feeds were doing. Just a heads up that 1 product prob isn't going to replace everything in the foxfarm feeds unless there is other stuff in it (didn't read the label going off the NPK you posted)
You really are a chem genius. I decide to stick with the fox farm because I was using twice as much as I should have. I was going through it too fast. Now I know why.
So I need even more stuff? Calcium magnesium and Epsom salts too? I see these charts and can not fathom the complicated chemistry. I just want to follow the directions of what I need to do. This is my first time and I am trying really hard......

Last edited:
GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I thought I posted the pics in the right place. I guess not. Geez.... I am taking a chance with the one in the ground. I am in CT. I am not sure I should even be on this site. I don't want to go to jail.
I can disguise one with the flowers, but not all. Did you check the pics? What do you think?
Yes, they look pretty good to me. But if the law shows up it won't matter if they are in the ground or in grow bags. Maybe next year, with some planning you can get them all in the ground.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You really are a chem genius. I decide to stick with the fox farm because I was using twice as much as I should have. I was going through it too fast. Now I know why.
So I need even more stuff? Calcium magnesium and Epsom salts too? I see these charts and can not fathom the complicated chemistry. I just want to follow the directions of what I need to do. This is my first time and I am trying really hard......

Naw not with the fox farm. It's pretty complete. I was talking about the hawaiian stuff as I didnt look at the label to see what was in it. In the future a suggestion if you keep with the fox farm is get the grow big hydroponic as it has calcium in it and reg grow big does not. It's been a decade since I used those nutes so no idea if that has changed. I think that's to account on you also using their soils like happy frog or ocean forest.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Do they show symptoms of overfeeding? Or, are you going by something else? (If you have photos, I'd like to see them.).
How far away are your neighbors? When those plants flower, there will be some odor. Potentially a lot of odor.
I can smell them alright. My neighbor sits in her yard gardening on the other side of a line of arbor trees, only 30 feet away. Thus the reason I have them in pots except one, if I need to move them. I am taking a huge risk, but I have to do what I have to do. Buying from a dispensary was breaking my bank!!! Did you see my pics?
3E229258 A982 4963 80DC 2460EDF1E742
19A8A603 550F 406F BFAA 29C54C2F9D66
248EB6BB 6DD0 453F BFAE 4590E545EF86
8D7F7F22 B2BF 4D09 87BA C52CFD300BCC
82EFE7B5 3C55 470E B110 946493DDFDC2
2B46E617 6EF1 4B26 99C7 F666725486F8
57922A5E 3425 4AE6 8180 0256446AECF4

DiverDown

DiverDown

Yes, they look pretty good to me. But if the law shows up it won't matter if they are in the ground or in grow bags. Maybe next year, with some planning you can get them all in the ground.
Not sure how fast CT laws will change but Mass is next door. They allow 6 plants per person or 12 per house hold. We are still behind the times.

DiverDown

DiverDown

I can smell them alright. My neighbor sits in her yard gardening on the other side of a line of arbor trees, only 30 feet away. Thus the reason I have them in pots except one, if I need to move them. I am taking a huge risk, but I have to do what I have to do. Buying from a dispensary was breaking my bank!!! Did you see my pics?View attachment 883058View attachment 883059View attachment 883060View attachment 883061View attachment 883062View attachment 883063View attachment 883064
What do you think is happening with my leaves? Too much nutrients? Also, can you tell me why after I posted my pics and stated I was in CT... that I had been getting reply’s from 4 of you pros here, but nothing after that except the "like" you clicked on? Is is because I am in an illegal growing state? Should I get off the site and stay off?

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I am in CT. I am not sure I should even be on this site. I don't want to go to jail.
Just make sure there are no recognizable things in your pictures, like house numbers, street signs, license plates, etc.
Also, can you tell me why after I posted my pics and stated I was in CT... that I had been getting reply’s from 4 of you pros here, but nothing after that except the "like" you clicked on? Is is because I am in an illegal growing state?
I don't think advice has stopped because of what state you are in...it looked to me that you had all your questions answered. You didn't reply to AZ2000's question about your neighbors..? If you are kind of paranoid about the plants and you have neighbors that can smell, then you need to be aware of the fact that those plants will likely stink a great deal when they get into the mid to late budding stage.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

It's almost always the greedy pot farmer (figure of speech, no offense) that gets caught, what I mean is maybe you should have kept things smaller in your back yard, 1 or 2 plants, in the ground and topped frequently before they get tall. There is a risk involved in anything that is illegal, you had to know that before you started. So it's up to you how safe you stay, we can not keep you safe, you have to decide what will be OK for you.

DiverDown

DiverDown

Just make sure there are no recognizable things in your pictures, like house numbers, street signs, license plates, etc.

I don't think advice has stopped because of what state you are in...it looked to me that you had all your questions answered. You didn't reply to AZ2000's question about your neighbors..? If you are kind of paranoid about the plants and you have neighbors that can smell, then you need to be aware of the fact that those plants will likely stink a great deal when they get into the mid to late budding stage.
Okay, I did respond about my neighbors. I am okay with them, otherwise I would not have them.... I made sure nothing showed any recognizable identification items. Appreciate your reply. I had posted the pics with one pic of the bad leaves. No comments, but I got plenty of advise. Just gonna do my best!

Latest posts

Top Bottom