first timer in need of knowledge

• Thread starter tryinhard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tryinhard

i started my 11 tomatoe plants on march 8th, they will be indoors until early may. I am using a 120 plant grow n show bulb in metal cover like a heat lamp type thing. The plants are a little over a foot tall, in 5 inch peat cups about the size of styrofoam cup. the soil is miracle grow organic potting mix, .10% Nitrogen, .05% phosphorose, .05% potash. i am running an 18/6 light cycle but i was doing about 12/12 up until a week ago. im pretty sure i have a couple males popping up but i'm not too sure and dont want to kill my ladies.......any help for current and future would be much appreciated........PLEASE HELP!!!!!! thanks:character0103:

P

punkadc

hey tryinhard welcome to the farm...
...check the FAQ at the top left of the page, just about everything you need to know is in there

T

tryinhard

my camera is garbage but you can kind of see...the two i was worried about shriveled up and died cuz i pulled them out of the light, i got too worried, but i'm pretty sure i figured out they were males. if you can tell let me know please....also if you have any tips let me know....thanks

HPIM0948
HPIM0950
HPIM0952
HPIM0961
HPIM0962
G

Gymshoes

The first pics? Too young still; not showing. They usually sex at about the time you have AT LEAST 6 to 8 nodes. Last 2 pics? Looks like lil' boys to me.

T

tryinhard

Okay so i planted my gems on may 6th, and i used miracle grow outdoor gardening soil......the dirt that i put them is pretty much clay so i kinda mixed it when i put the plant in. Im too fat and lazy to carry water back out to them. It was supposed to rain that nite but didnt until tonite, the 8th.....i went to water them today and the bigger leaves were like frosty white.....What is wrong?PLEASE HELp !!!!

G

Gymshoes

Clay is for making pottery, not for growing pot.

Brittle frosty white leaves?
How big?

Top Bottom