First Timer looking for advice.

• Thread starter DavieTMac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DavieTMac

DavieTMac

Hi. I got ambitious for a first grow and went for a couple of oxypot 4's in an 8 X 4 tent. I'm a couple of weeks in and I've had a couple of issues. I was using a 75/25 RO/Tap mix. I fucked up with my ppm and nutrients and basically ended up with a ppm of around a 1000. PH is good. Over the last few days, I've started getting burning on the tips and sides of leaves. One in particular, quite badly, stunted growth, will replace, and 1 I'm not sure about but I would like to keep it as its one of 2 critical orange punch auto. I've also got 6 Hulkberry autos in the tanks plus I've got 3 Northern lights auto in coco fabric, and I've got a skunk of unknown origin that I'm vegging in order to try and get some clones for the next run.

I'm running a couple of phlizon 2000w cree cobs at 24 inches, real draw 450w.
Plus I've got a couple of 50 w Amazon's over the coco. I'm worried I'm a bit under powered so I've got a 200w citizen dual cob 3500k that has arrived but is stuck in customs. We're locked down here so who knows when the light will arrive.

I just changed the water to pure RO and havent added any nutes. ppm is 006.

Was thinking I'd leave them in the pure water for 24 hours to give them a bit of a flush before I add nutes again.

Any advice gratefully accepted

First timer looking for advice
First timer looking for advice 2
First timer looking for advice 3
Homesteader

Homesteader

Can't give you any decent advice on your nutes but I wish you good luck with your grow and hopw you have fun with it.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Those are a couple of weeks??? I think somthing is wrong

letsgro

letsgro

It sounds like you learned a valuable lesson in mixing RO and tap, I'm assuming you did that to try and cut down on wastewater, and as you found it turned it all into wastewater. No way of getting around the fact that in hydro you want to start with 0 ppm RO.

I am not sure what your total draw is, but I flowered 8 sites in a 5x9 with 2x Kind 750XLs (438w actual draw) and they were sufficient for quality.

What nutrients are you using?

DavieTMac

DavieTMac

It sounds like you learned a valuable lesson in mixing RO and tap, I'm assuming you did that to try and cut down on wastewater, and as you found it turned it all into wastewater. No way of getting around the fact that in hydro you want to start with 0 ppm RO.

I am not sure what your total draw is, but I flowered 8 sites in a 5x9 with 2x Kind 750XLs (438w actual draw) and they were sufficient for quality.

What nutrients are you using?

Vitalink. I've cut it all out except growth a & b, plus a wee bit calmag + h202. Both tanks at 500ppm. Everything with roots in the water is starting to take off. Good growth last couple of days.

Pure RO is the way forward!

DavieTMac

DavieTMac

Panic over. Bushy growth last week.
Got bold and lst'd 1

Ppm upped to 600
PH 5.8
25 C tent temp
21 C water temp
40 RH

IMG 20210114 114447
IMG 20210114 114506
IMG 20210114 114550
DavieTMac

DavieTMac

Question about lst.

I have a critical orange auto with big fan leaves that are always close to touching the tank.

Get rid or keep?
Autoflower hmmmm

IMG 20210114 121306
Top Bottom