First Timer MPB Setup

• Thread starter caase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caase

Hello all been around the board here for a few years plotting my next murder lol !!! Ive been a tree farmer in 30 gallon soiless mixes for years pulling a pound per plant with vertical style lighting.

But now I want to venture into the MPB's for reasons of quicker harvest by means of less veg time.

I just got finished mocking up my demo bucket I plan on running 6 to start with 10,000 watt digital mingled in between.

All I need now is to purchase my pvc drain pipe and air pump.

I have a few questions I need answered and I'll be on my way

1. Is ABS okay to use for my main drain ?

2. I have a 4000gph econo for a feed pump its not one of DD's recommendations but will it be okay ? I really dont know too much about pumps.

3. The most important question to me is can I go from aero cloner to the MPB's ?

I notice people either stating that they dont like rockwool in this system or they use coco and have problem with it or go back and forth between the two.

I'm not sure if I read of anybody using no medium and just going straight into the system using just hydroton.

I take cuttings that are about 16 inches when I clone so in the cloner after the roots pop they will be three feet in about two weeks.

Would'nt using no medium buffer lower the chances of stem and root rot devastation ?

Again these are just my thoughts and questions I would like to hear opinions and answers to with all the knowledgeable growers on this forum all help is welcome thanks in advance. :smoke

JPLord01

JPLord01

ABS is fine for your drain. 4in ABS is what I use. I clone with 2x2 rockwool after I have roots in to the MPB they go with top feed till the roots hit the water for one week off with the top feed.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

caase,
welcome to high speed hydro. buckle up.

your pump for the main and chiller pumps should be magnetic drive. they are rated for the constant use you will need them for. yes, you can go straight from the aero to the hydroton. just obviously be gentle on the roots.

-TF

C

caase

thanks for the fast reply guys love both of your threads and still look at them weekly. my pump is a magnetic drive so im good on that.

I wonder if coming from aero cloner to hydroton would I need to top feed ?

aleYarok

aleYarok

yes i would still use top feed, with hydroton u dont really have to worry about over saturation. u want a good bit of roots in the water before you cut the top feed (DDs runs top feed through out the whole cycle iirc)

thats a shit load of pump for 6 buckets...

10k with 6 plants will be nice, they will love that, just make sure u dont shock the clones with all that light

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

yes, second on the top feed.
if you have the electronic ballasts, use the dimmer for sure.

C

caase

Oh for sure I always use the dimmer love that thing. And I guess I'll be picking up another pump for my top feed.

I've seen and read that most plants in the system grow more in width than in length I want at least six footers so should I flip at about 44 inches ?

Top Bottom