First Timer Running 4 Holy Grail Kush And One Gsc In A 4x4 600w-1000w

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

that is it smart choice start in soil more forgiving get a harvest in and better your self at feeding and what to look for and understanding plants needs , dial in your environment ..
then once you get 4 - 5 grows in and if you want to change up then by all means do so
Growing is like a game as you get better you level up
Lol me to buddy! Can I ask what made you decide on soil? its so messy, and you got to mix all that shit together... I would of at least went with coco, or mixed coco/peralite. Coco is almost impossible to over water, and a lot of growers love it. I have battled calmag issues my whole grow, even using calimagic, and lucas(head) formula.... i know now that dwc is by far the easiest, and has serious growth once the roots reach water,,, BAM!!! Cheap to build. Prob $25 could build one easy. And i use Flora Nova bloom, 1 thing to mix, and your done. Takes less than 5 mins a day to take care of.
When I start my next grow, you can watch it with my dwc, and you see how easy, and how fast they grow...

Either way you made a friend, and you will harvest your own buds soon,, I promise you that bro... we will get you there...
Basically what purpletrain said was my reasoning. Ive read that soil is more forgiving to the noons. I don't mind mixing the soil or anything. I'd love to watch your grow if you have a journal. I feel good about getting through this first run with good results my hope is just to continue learning and dialing in my grows as purp said

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Basically what purpletrain said was my reasoning. Ive read that soil is more forgiving to the noons. I don't mind mixing the soil or anything. I'd love to watch your grow if you have a journal. I feel good about getting through this first run with good results my hope is just to continue learning and dialing in my grows as purp said
well my jounal now is on my skunks, which should be finishing in the next 10 days or so... Its about 70 pages long, so its quite a read, but lots of problems, and info to learn from. I will start a new thread on my new grow when I get it started,,,

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

There are hundreds of soil growers, even veterans that have issues with true living soil. and even soilless mediums . Veg is easy , to correct issues but in flower its whole new ball game and many fail in that end ..
I prefer soil for many reasons not only that its forgiving but that i have less area for problem being pump failures , plugs or eletrical outage ..
I think people forget that growing should be easy and trouble free . and least work .
I like it cause i can plant and walk away and let mother nature take care of it..
Or indoor water and come back in 4 days set up a gravitational feed system and come back in a month if i had enough of a rez and knowing its still alive
etc
Or power outage for extended period of time
Growing in soil can become messy but there are many ways to fix that run beds , No till , use totes rather then pots
Do not water to run off etc

incogneato

incogneato

Well I knew I would run into beginners blues, I just didnt know it was gonna be right at the beginning. My holy grail seeds cracked a few days ago but they haven't advanced any further than that. In a last attempt to keep these seeds I pulled them from their jiffy pellets and placed them in a wet paper towel and put them in a ziploc bag. I'm hoping to see some root growth in the next few days. If not I'll sadly have to scrap them and start some more seeds. I'm really hoping I get lucky and they bounce back because as I'm sure you all know seeds aren't cheap.

incogneato

incogneato

20160906 150513
The gsc is the one that hasn't popped yet, the other 4 are hgk

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

interesting what i do is roll out about 6 lengths of ass wipe fold it up using the tear points mist the shit out of it so its nice and damp place seeds on top mist seeds as well then repeat 6 lengths of ass wipe folded and put on top mist it really good pressing it carefully down to cover seeds into baggie and into dome should be crack with in 24 hrs remember once cracked let them go another 12 hrs to grow out a bit its going to grow into paper all good use scissors to crefully cut around it place tap root and as swipe into hole

incogneato

incogneato

interesting what i do is roll out about 6 lengths of ass wipe fold it up using the tear points mist the shit out of it so its nice and damp place seeds on top mist seeds as well then repeat 6 lengths of ass wipe folded and put on top mist it really good pressing it carefully down to cover seeds into baggie and into dome should be crack with in 24 hrs remember once cracked let them go another 12 hrs to grow out a bit its going to grow into paper all good use scissors to crefully cut around it place tap root and as swipe into hole
These actually cracked like that 3 days ago in jiffy pellets but haven't advanced since then. i carefully removed them and I have them on damp paper towel in a baggie. You're saying to also put them under a dome?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

the seeds you posted do not look cracked keep misting the top soil to make sure seedlings can break surface even open it up a bit if you have to the ones in pallet
do you have some sort of temp reading of temps in dome what is dome temps cause if they were truly cracked by now they would of broke soil

incogneato

incogneato

If you zoom in on the 4 that are together in a group you can see that they cracked just a little bit. They are all out of the pellets now and in a paper towel in a bag. The temps are between 82-84 prob just a little higher under the dome. Rh is 41 in the tent but I'm sure its way higher in the dome. Iv been keeping them warm and moist. I was wondering if I had the jiffy pellets too wet and that caused the problem?

incogneato

incogneato

Grabbed a heat pad at the grow store today. Hoping that will help get things moving in the right direction. Got my pH pen and TDs pen dialed in as well as my nute bubbler set up. Also got my soil so I'm pretty much ready to go for these first few stages

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Grabbed a heat pad at the grow store today. Hoping that will help get things moving in the right direction. Got my pH pen and TDs pen dialed in as well as my nute bubbler set up. Also got my soil so I'm pretty much ready to go for these first few stages
Have they popped anymore open than what they were?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

my bad, I just read your earlier posts.. Just got off work, and didnt read up yet.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I bought a bag because I am fucking out again. Sums a beotch I am tired of buying weed. And he left it in my car for me. When I saw it, I was like wtf... but it has a good high to it. But what the cool thing was, I found 2 seeds....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My bad bro. I thought I was on my thread! Jumping from my phone to my tablet to my laptop, all hooked and at different spots..

Top Bottom