First Timer Running 4 Holy Grail Kush And One Gsc In A 4x4 600w-1000w

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Pulled the diesel out of the shot glass today and into a rapid rooter along side the 2 holy grail kush. It was barely cracked so I'm hoping in 3 days I'll have sprouts. I'm thinking since I'll only have 3 plants (if all goes well) I'll either mainline em or bush em out and also run a single cola clone of each to see how they do.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Pulled the diesel out of the shot glass today and into a rapid rooter along side the 2 holy grail kush. It was barely cracked so I'm hoping in 3 days I'll have sprouts. I'm thinking since I'll only have 3 plants (if all goes well) I'll either mainline em or bush em out and also run a single cola clone of each to see how they do.

Sounds like fun.

Sorry to hear you'll only have 3 to work with. With a bit of training you can fill that tent with tops.

4x4 tent has 16 sq ft.
If I go by my personal rule of 4 cola's per square ft then You could have 64 cola's in your tent. Divided by 3 plants that's 20 something tops each.

So if you gave each plant 8-16 tops you would be looking good.

Just consider out of those 3
Plants there may still be 1-3 males, 1-3 females, or any mix in between of the 2. So if you train them all well. Then when the males are removed you will still have a hefty amount.

I personally would do 16 tops each if I was gonna run 3 plants in a 4x4 space. If all females would give you 48 tops.

If only 1 female she would give you 16 tops. But with the extra light of being alone she would yield good too.

You will do great.

incogneato

incogneato

Sounds like fun.

Sorry to hear you'll only have 3 to work with. With a bit of training you can fill that tent with tops.

4x4 tent has 16 sq ft.
If I go by my personal rule of 4 cola's per square ft then You could have 64 cola's in your tent. Divided by 3 plants that's 20 something tops each.

So if you gave each plant 8-16 tops you would be looking good.

Just consider out of those 3
Plants there may still be 1-3 males, 1-3 females, or any mix in between of the 2. So if you train them all well. Then when the males are removed you will still have a hefty amount.

I personally would do 16 tops each if I was gonna run 3 plants in a 4x4 space. If all females would give you 48 tops.

If only 1 female she would give you 16 tops. But with the extra light of being alone she would yield good too.

You will do great.
Thanks for the help Rmoltis. I forgot to mention that these are all fem beans. The non fem strains I have I want to f2 so I'll wait til I have a male iso chamber to run em. I was holding on to hope that something from the first round if beans was gonna pull through for me so I didn't pop too many more beans. I guess its still not too late to throw another bean in the mix as I'm still not above ground

incogneato

incogneato

So after rmoltis's math lesson I decided to throw another bean in a rapid rooter straight away, no soak. So now I have 2 hgk, 1 diesel and 1 velvet bud. All are FEMS. The good news is when I put it under the dome the hgk #1 that had a good taproot had sprouted above ground. Hopefully I'll have a few more in the next few days

incogneato

incogneato

20160914 150610
Finally cut the lights on for the little gal. Hopefully her sister will be peeking out when I get home. I'm using 2 60w 5000k CFL's to start until the diesel and velvet bud catch up. Got em on a 18/4 with a fan blowing lightly at the wall not at the dome

incogneato

incogneato

Transplanted hgk #1 into a solo cup today. Her taproot was poking out of the bottom of the rapid rooter so I figured it was time. No other sprouts yet but I'm sure things will get moving in the next few days. Got her under 2 60w cfl uncovered and the tower fan on

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Thanks, not gonna lie. Came home from work and couldn't wait to check on her lol.

You'll feel like that everyday up until harvest. They are living beings like us or our pets. And it is very hard not to interact with them as often as possible.

I personally think love and attention directed at your plants will help produce healthy and happy ladies. And in return it's very therapeutic for us interacting with them.

incogneato

incogneato

The diesel poked her helmet above the ground this morning so hgk #1 will have some company very soon. Hopefully hgk#2 and velvet bud are right behind them

incogneato

incogneato

Things are slowly progressing in the tent. The hgk #1 is sprouting its second set of true leaves and looks to be happy in her solo cup full of black gold. The diesel that had sprouted looks to have lost a cotyledon when she threw her shell but still looks to be moving along. The hgk #2 hasn't come up yet which has me thinking this was a pretty old pack of beans. I know I messed with the first 4 and assumed that's why they failed to germ but these 2 were handled the same and one sprouted immediately and the other looks to be a no show. Hoping to see the velvet bud pop in the next day or so and just for good measure I threw a dna 24k bean in a shot glass. That will be the last bean I drop in an attempt to fill up the tent this round. If I only get a few to pop I'll just pull clones and veg these a little longer. Not sure why I've had so many germination problems but I'm learning from every step either way. Once I know what strains I'll actually be running I'll probably just make a new journal with a revised title.

incogneato

incogneato

Off to a pretty rough start. Looks like the diesel is going to die from damping off..didn't see that coming. Put her in segregation and washed everything that was in the same dome with bleach. I think that's also what killed the second hgk seed because it never progressed after it went in the dome. So now I have one hgk seedling that's looking good with 2 sets of leaves. One velvet bud seed that's popped a root and also a 24k seed that's popped a root in a paper towel. I'm gonna leave the dome cracked from now on and I have the incandescent bulb going again to increase the heat. Also threw a little hydrogen peroxide solution on everything in hopes to decontaminate what's left

incogneato

incogneato

20160924 141908
Gave her a taste of nutes this morning. 1/4 strength basic nectar mix ppm at 130 pH at 6.5. Doing some very light lst on the stem every morning. She seems to be happy for now

incogneato

incogneato

Discovered why I've been having such shitty germination. Was in the tent doing my normal check and saw a tiny fucker fly off. Took me a min but I managed to hand clap him without totally destroying him. Fungus gnat...little bastards have been chowing down on all those tasty little roots coming out of my seeds which explains why so many have popped and died off. Threw some cinnamon on top of the soil and put up some sticky traps (homemade) until tomorrow when I can get to the store. Gotta grab some dimataceous earth or some sand to top dress. I think they will all be dry enough tomorrow to water so I made up some h2o2 water using 3% at 1:4.

incogneato

incogneato

20160928 041036
As of right now I have 1 holy grail kush that's throwing its 4th node and now a cannalope haze that's 2 days above ground and has its first true leaves. These damn gnats can't have my girls.....this shit is personal lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom