First timer

• Thread starter CurtisM80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CurtisM80

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Curtis, and I’m new to growing.

unfortunately, I’m having some issues. As you can see in the pic my Boss Hog plant isn’t doing well. Here is my setup:

-Spider Farmer 1000 grow tent
-Lights set at 50%
-Soil: Fox Farms coco loco
-H2O I was using a britta faucet adapter and balancing the PH to around 6.5.
-Nutes: Fox Farms Trio. I’ve only given them nutrients twice because I was afraid of nute burn.
Temp: 70-75 (lights off, lights on)
Humidity: low 30% initially, now around 40%

If y’all could help me out I would really appreciate it!!
First timer

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

How old is this plant?
how often and how much do you water?
Did you feed your nutrients at full strength both times?

looks like nutrient burn or light burn, or a combination of both. It also looks like you could have watered the plant and left a water droplet sitting on top of the plant while the lights are on, which will cause light burn.

Reactions: PK1
C

CurtisM80

The plant is about two weeks old. Sprouted out of the ground on 11/28. I’ve been watering them every day. I try to go two days, but the soil dries up pretty quick. I mixed the nutes (6 tbsp) into a gallon of water, and used that water twice.

I did notice a few drops of water on the plants, and didn’t think anything of it. If it is light burn from the water droplets, will the plants bounce back if I keep water off in the future?

thanks for your reply

PK1

PK1

Supporter
when i was growing in soil, i would use a water bottle and water the plants. The small hole makes it easier to aim and water.
fox farm soil has nutrients for couple months. You don't need to mix nutrients to feed the seedling. Just tap water. Fox Farm also has lime mixed in it which reduces your PH of water. So you don't need to ph your water before watering, unless your water parameters are not neutral. However, when mixing nutrients this might be different. When watering try to do one circle and then in 20 min later do another circle. try not to spray or get water on the plant.

Put your light up at 30inch, turn the light down to 0 intensity. Right now you want to not stress it more and just let it regrow.

This girl also broke ground on 11/28 😄
2021 12 05 113118

Last edited:
C

CurtisM80

Wow, there is a slight difference between your plant and mine. Didn’t mention I’m using old seeds that my sister brought over from CA. They were stored in her closet for the last 3 years. I’m sure that makes a difference. Thanks

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Wow, there is a slight difference between your plant and mine. Didn’t mention I’m using old seeds that my sister brought over from CA. They were stored in her closet for the last 3 years. I’m sure that makes a difference. Thanks
im not too sure as long as they've been kept well. I feel that since it sprouted and broke ground it must of looked healthy.
Your temps and humidity is also low. anywhere close to 80f with 50/65% RH is better for plant.

C

CurtisM80

Humidity is a well spoken topic on here. Bought a humidifier on Amazon and it doesn’t work…ugh. What is your method of adding humidity? Right now it’s cold and dry where I live.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you can hang some wet towels, cloths, fill up some water jars and put it around the room. If you bring the outside cold air in the tent then the temps drop but the humidity will rise so then with a heater you rise the temp. it also brings fresh air in which is good for the plant as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom