First Timer

• Thread starter Berman74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Berman74

So always wanted to grow my own, I wanted to have a grow tent and the right stuff to do it but a friend kinda just surprised me with these, i know wicked cheesy setup but better than nothing...how do they look and advice if any besides the obvious, get the right setup hahaha next grow will be the right way
First timer

B

Berman74

Looks good, practice can make perfect.
Welcome to The Farm!
So you cant really see them in this picture but I'm starting to get tannish colored spots on some of the fan leaves what causes that a deficiency or bugs..cause I had nymphs but I sprayed them haven't seen them in a week or so

Reverend Jim

Reverend Jim

Hey, any setup is better than no setup! Everyone starts somewhere, build a little at a time as time,energy and cash allow. The pics look good. However the tan spots you mention, drop some close up photos.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

The spot may be caused by the aluminum foil concentrateing light into one spot due to it being crinkled and nymphs really lol ??

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In my experience aluminum foil doesn’t really reflect light very well. It’s better than nothing but a flat white painted surface is the easiest way to reflect light.

Mylar imo is a waste and gets dull very quickly. I found over the years that flat white paint works the best for a long term solution that doesn’t require maintenance.

Close up pics would certainly help. From a distance they look pretty good.

Reverend Jim

Reverend Jim

Foil is a reflector of last resort. Like JMW2, I'm in the flat white paint camp. In my veg room, I used a flat white with a slight blue tint. In the flower shop, I used flat white with a slight pink tint. Both colors very slight. I don't know if the variance in color temp makes any difference whatsoever, but it makes me feel clever.

B

Berman74

20180802 214111
Hey, any setup is better than no setup! Everyone starts somewhere, build a little at a time as time,energy and cash allow. The pics look good. However the tan spots you mention, drop some close up photos.
In my experience aluminum foil doesn’t really reflect light very well. It’s better than nothing but a flat white painted surface is the easiest way to reflect light.

Mylar imo is a waste and gets dull very quickly. I found over the years that flat white paint works the best for a long term solution that doesn’t require maintenance.

Close up pics would certainly help. From a distance they look pretty good.
20180802 214111

Foil is a reflector of last resort. Like JMW2, I'm in the flat white paint camp. In my veg room, I used a flat white with a slight blue tint. In the flower shop, I used flat white with a slight pink tint. Both colors very slight. I don't know if the variance in color temp makes any difference whatsoever, but it makes me feel clever.
Well I went out and bought flat white paint do you think I could just paint the cardboard I have around them and be alright, like I said I dont have much money so building a elaborate grow area is not in the cards I just bought a house haha

Enderkahn

Enderkahn

Also don’t water near the time you are running your lights. Splash on leaves from watering will also cause burn spots..

Reverend Jim

Reverend Jim

As for the spots, possibly the beginning of spider mite mayhem . Look them over closely, you'll need a magnifying glass or jeweller's loupe, and see if you can spot any of the pesties. Here's a link to look at...

http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/spider-mites-pests/

I had one battle with spider mites, but it was a long time ago and outdoors -- never indoors. I recall a lot of tiny, yellow spots on the leaves that look like yours. I don't know about them being indoors,though. Did your plants ever live outdoors?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Things are looking good in there, what are you using for lighting? Coil cfl’s are alright but I think it’s worth it to invest a few bucks in a T-5; it will make a difference. The other thing I highly recommend is to ensure there is good air flow in the space, healthy growing plants will use up the CO2 around their leaves rather quickly. Even a small computer fan bringing fresh air into the space will do the job. Best of luck and keep the farm posted, you will find all the help you could ask for here.

B

Berman74

As for the spots, possibly the beginning of spider mite mayhem . Look them over closely, you'll need a magnifying glass or jeweller's loupe, and see if you can spot any of the pesties. Here's a link to look at...

http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/spider-mites-pests/

I had one battle with spider mites, but it was a long time ago and outdoors -- never indoors. I recall a lot of tiny, yellow spots on the leaves that look like yours. I don't know about them being indoors,though. Did your plants ever live outdoors?
They were clones of a buddy of mines but his were outdoors but I like the discreet factor but I sprayed the stem and the soil with sevin some type of pesticide I haven't seen anymore leaves getting destroyed so well see what happens

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice. Also don’t worry about watering them with the lights on. I do it all the time. Hard to water them in the dark ;-)

Is that a chunk of foil for good luck? Kidding. Nice work on the white walls.

Top Bottom